Crew Bars 2023

stuie

42 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

One year I found the acoustic crew bar. I'm sure it had a pool table. Last year I had 3 separate stewards tell me it doesn't exist. Can someone help me find it again this year, or am I actually mad?

There was certainly table football one year. Can not remember a pool table, but do not always end up there

37 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

One year I found the acoustic crew bar. I'm sure it had a pool table. Last year I had 3 separate stewards tell me it doesn't exist. Can someone help me find it again this year, or am I actually mad?

There's definitely an Acoustic Crew Bar but I can't remember one way or the other whether it had a pool table.  I had a band for it in 2016 and being a muddy year it was a great bar for a sit down.  In 2019 and 2022 I only went in on the Monday and the Tuesday as didn't have an Acoustic band and you couldn't always get in on other crew bands

26 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Price of a pint intel please asap!

From memory the ones I went in in 2019 weren't massively cheaper than public bars, maybe 50p or £1 a pint less. I don't think West Holts backstage bar in 2022 was any cheaper than the public bars.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

From memory the ones I went in in 2019 weren't massively cheaper than public bars, maybe 50p or £1 a pint less. I don't think West Holts backstage bar in 2022 was any cheaper than the public bars.

its not so much the price, but that in wet years there's somewhere dry to sit down. and in hot years there's somewhere shaded to sit down. albeit briefly for a quick drink before you head on to the next thing

1 hour ago, OllieMadd said:

It certainly exists, it’s in the field behind the Acoustic tent ... you head up the lane with the Acoustic tent on your right, it’s about 50 yards past it on the right. It’s imaginatively called “The Pub in a Field” with a sign with a cow on it. Last year it had live music, but sadly no pool table. I was working Cockmill last year, and it was a regular post shift haunt.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

17 minutes ago, dondo said:

There's definitely an Acoustic Crew Bar but I can't remember one way or the other whether it had a pool table.  I had a band for it in 2016 and being a muddy year it was a great bar for a sit down.  In 2019 and 2022 I only went in on the Monday and the Tuesday as didn't have an Acoustic band and you couldn't always get in on other crew bands

It’s behind the acoustic tent - go up the track running up the left side of the tent and the entrance point is on the right hand side

1 hour ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

And in some (definitely not all) the loos are a bit nicer

My wife would only use the loos in the West Holts backstage last year, she said they were nicer but I didn't really see the difference to the other compost loos on site.

1 hour ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

its not so much the price, but that in wet years there's somewhere dry to sit down. and in hot years there's somewhere shaded to sit down. albeit briefly for a quick drink before you head on to the next thing

The person I responded to asked about prices, so I assumed it was about price for them but you are right in what you say - Maceos was particularly good for being an oasis away from the madnes outside.

Edited by Johnnyseven

To save any further confusion, I can't get you a DJ set at Tow & Hitch or any other crew bar but I wish you the best of luck on your endeavours. 

9 minutes ago, WarlyBarly said:

I’m working as a performer in the T&C.  Will this allow me to get a wrist band for the other crew bars do yis think.  Also will this said wrist band allow you to get into the likes of the temple at three on Sat morning will there’s a massive cue?  

You won't need an extra wrist band for any crew bars in the SE corner, or WH or Arcadia, your T&C band will get you in.

Really don't know about the second question, but I suspect you'd need a Common band.

Edited by Skip997

7 minutes ago, WarlyBarly said:

I’m working as a performer in the T&C.  Will this allow me to get a wrist band for the other crew bars do yis think.  Also will this said wrist band allow you to get into the likes of the temple at three on Sat morning will there’s a massive cue?  

I work T&C and just show my band at most bars and it is fine. We normally have Lanyards as well. Very strict though on letting people into T&C bar though.

Will not get you in the temple though, that is queue with everyone else. If there is a queue to get in SE corner, unlikely, you can just walk through the gate by Cabaret and cut that out. Can get to back of IICON through the orchard, but no real advantage there