Bearded Theory 2024

First time this year. And my overriding feeling is one of sadness, that I haven’t been before! Absolutely lovely festival, lovely people, great music, very well organised, just. I could go on. 
I see the similarities with Glastonbury, and I agree with what others have said, i actually prefer it, less stress, easier to keep up with your mates, or know where to find them, and plenty to keep you occupied. 
Loved it. Will defo be there next year. 
Beautiful Days next, can’t wait 

20 minutes ago, Skelts said:

First time this year. And my overriding feeling is one of sadness, that I haven’t been before! Absolutely lovely festival, lovely people, great music, very well organised, just. I could go on. 
I see the similarities with Glastonbury, and I agree with what others have said, i actually prefer it, less stress, easier to keep up with your mates, or know where to find them, and plenty to keep you occupied. 
Loved it. Will defo be there next year. 
Beautiful Days next, can’t wait 

We need to keep the secret secret........................ but I think that ship has sailed. Early bird tickets will fly

Yep, this year was the best yet, even though I have probably liked the line up better in previous years, somehow everything came together brilliantly this year.  That said, I've loved this festival from the first time I went, such a manageable festival with brilliant people!

Bring on 2024!

Having had time to reflect, can't remember a better weekend at 30 odd years of festivals.

As ever, the crowd made the difference. Lovely chats all round.

Top 5 bands, Benefits, Billy Bragg, Beans on Toast, Deja Vega, Skindred and Oh My God! Its The Church were great fun (thats 6, but sue me).

Definitely getting early birds again. Its weekends like this that make the other 361 days a year bearable.

Roll on Beautiful Days...

Edited by Flaminglippy
  • Upvote 1

Counting the days already!

From the 23 Thread here were my musings on possible acts for '24

Steve Hillage (Woodland)

Seth Lakeman (Meadow)

Imelda May (Pallet)

Wille and the Bandits (Maui Waui)

Patty Gurdy (Woodland)

Ese and the Voodoo People (Maui Waui)

Tom Robinson (Pallet)

Bill Bailey (Meadow headline or Pallet p'raps?)

Peatbog Faeries (Meadow)

10 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Counting the days already!

From the 23 Thread here were my musings on possible acts for '24

Steve Hillage (Woodland)

Seth Lakeman (Meadow)

Imelda May (Pallet)

Wille and the Bandits (Maui Waui)

Patty Gurdy (Woodland)

Ese and the Voodoo People (Maui Waui)

Tom Robinson (Pallet)

Bill Bailey (Meadow headline or Pallet p'raps?)

Peatbog Faeries (Meadow)

Bill Bailey would be the most un Bearded Theory headliner ever IMHO. As good as some find him O hope they never start to change to that sort of act as it might start to change who attends.

6 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Bill Bailey would be the most un Bearded Theory headliner ever IMHO. As good as some find him O hope they never start to change to that sort of act as it might start to change who attends.

That's interesting, I would view him as very much in the same vein as The Doonicans or OMGITC and I don't think he would draw a different demographic. Probably a good job I have nothing to with bookings!

24 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

That's interesting, I would view him as very much in the same vein as The Doonicans or OMGITC and I don't think he would draw a different demographic. Probably a good job I have nothing to with bookings!

Sure - but those are novelty* acts playing down the bill. Putting one in the prime headline spot becomes a whole different affair.

*and I absolutely don't mean that as a negative, both do what they do fantastically well.

44 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

What Incident said below is what I meant too.

Maybe 6pm in the Meadow would suit him at BT (I am bias though as I saw him once and just did not get it at all).

16 minutes ago, incident said:

Sure - but those are novelty* acts playing down the bill. Putting one in the prime headline spot becomes a whole different affair.

*and I absolutely don't mean that as a negative, both do what they do fantastically well.

11 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Anybody else filled in the survey they sent? Felt like I rambled on for ages! 

Yeah, pretty in depth survey wasn’t it. Hopefully lots of other people put Idles forward for next year 🤞🙏

23 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Anybody else filled in the survey they sent? Felt like I rambled on for ages! 

Yeah me too, i said the one thing that could make BT better would be to open on the Wednesday, hope they heed that one

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Heck, a 5 day Bearded!!

I said doing 2  a year.

Ha, its what we all need. let you in Wed after 12, can set up and chill out catching up, no need for acts to be on. then Thurs free all day to roam

I was saying to me pal about 2 a year the other day, but would it take away the specialness? i'd give it a go though.

Lets hope they take both our comments on board 🙂

Edited by Perks
  • Upvote 1

I did the survey yesterday, thought it was a well put together set of questions and hopefully my gushing answers will help make sure they keep making improvements. I may have emphasised the keep letting people bring their own alcohol line several times.

My response to the thinking outside the box act may have waffled on for more than was necessary. 

Definitely disagree with any suggestions of an extra day.

One of the great things about Bearded is that it's a nice easy introduction to the Festival season. It's sized about perfectly as it is in terms of site, crowd sizes, and length. Any more and it risks being something you need to actually think about plans for.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I may have emphasised the keep letting people bring their own alcohol line several times.

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

I did too - the one thing that would put me off 

14 minutes ago, Karlhippy said:

No bringing alcohol into the arena, more than likely not buying a ticket.

It sounds like loads have done this, I did too.

I think they would be insane to change that as it might well kill the festival.