Bearded Theory 2024

Got a feeling we might get Young Fathers. Self Esteem. James. Frank Turner again. I know they played this year but Skindred as a sub headliner? Johnny Marr. Shed 7. OCS. Headliners I think its hard to call. Kaisers might be a shout. With DHP behind it, would The Killers be outside the realms of possibility (answer...yes). 

DEADLETTER would be amazing, best live band in the country at the minute (not IMHO, its a fact). Would love Benefits again. Big Special are fantastic and would go down a storm in the Big Top. 

Self Esteem is a good shout but not expecting her to be active again that soon. The Sheffield thing coming up this weekend is supposed to be a farewell of sorts to the Prioritise Pleasure era with her going away to work on new stuff for a while. Maybe 2025 though?

Frank Turner I can definitely see happening (and becoming a semi-regular) as well because there's seemingly a very strong working relationship between him and DHP. Though given how recently he played with the band, maybe a Woodland Stage Solo headline set would be on the cards?

I'm going to predict Pixies as one of the headliners. No info whatsoever but just got a feeling it's finally time.

4 hours ago, incident said:

Self Esteem is a good shout but not expecting her to be active again that soon. The Sheffield thing coming up this weekend is supposed to be a farewell of sorts to the Prioritise Pleasure era with her going away to work on new stuff for a while. Maybe 2025 though?

Frank Turner I can definitely see happening (and becoming a semi-regular) as well because there's seemingly a very strong working relationship between him and DHP. Though given how recently he played with the band, maybe a Woodland Stage Solo headline set would be on the cards?

I'm going to predict Pixies as one of the headliners. No info whatsoever but just got a feeling it's finally time.

Yeah, Frank Turner did that relatively small Beans On Toast thing recently that was a DHP event so thinking he might already be in the bag. 

Pixies are a great shout. 

Oh, Lottery Winners as well. 

Frank used to be out the picture because it always clashed with his own 3 or 4 day thing in London (Lost Evenings?). 

I hope he is back, if solo it would surely have to be one of the bigger stages, he'd pack Woodlands out way before he was due on.

Lottery Winners would go down an absolute storm, I'd expect them to be back on the festival circuit next year after having such a successful season this time round. Sub Pallet or headline Big Top? Or is that overstating their popularity?

Ooh ooh excited. Pre regged (is that a word) for Early Bird Tix.

It's been a long damp summer it feels like the last time I felt the sun on my back was at BT.

Finally managed to unlock my account on here after the requirement to include your full email address (I have been on here so long I couldn't remember which email account I had used) Stupid is as stupid does...

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Frank used to be out the picture because it always clashed with his own 3 or 4 day thing in London (Lost Evenings?). 

I hope he is back, if solo it would surely have to be one of the bigger stages, he'd pack Woodlands out way before he was due on.

Lottery Winners would go down an absolute storm, I'd expect them to be back on the festival circuit next year after having such a successful season this time round. Sub Pallet or headline Big Top? Or is that overstating their popularity?

Think they headlined Solfest recently so dont think Big Top headliner or 2nd/3rd on Pallet would be out of the question. 

23 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

You can imagine the Facebook meltdown. Remember the same reactions when the Pirate Ship was to be no more............... then they all loved Big Ed and it was forgotten about.

Personally I think DHP will create something quite amazing.

image.png.a2dd4c210f7f4ba5aa065ba1f52d5563.png

I know people like it but all I've ever done is walk through it to confirm it's not the place for me. To be fair, whatever replaces it probably won't be either.

30 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

You can imagine the Facebook meltdown. Remember the same reactions when the Pirate Ship was to be no more............... then they all loved Big Ed and it was forgotten about.

Personally I think DHP will create something quite amazing.

image.png.a2dd4c210f7f4ba5aa065ba1f52d5563.png

I had the best time when I went to bearded 1 night in there, but that might have been the litre of vodka I had drunk. It felt very mid 2000's as a venue.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I know people like it but all I've ever done is walk through it to confirm it's not the place for me. To be fair, whatever replaces it probably won't be either.

We have seen a few in there, they tend to be early in the afternoon like Flutatious. Once it gets dark we have only ever walked in and out again as it is not for us either.

On 9/1/2023 at 10:33 AM, Gnomicide said:

I'd go in there most nights, they had some great acts on. During the day it would be generally empty though.

1 minute ago, Flaminglippy said:

£190 for super early bird, £200 for early and £210 for general release adults, presumably plus bf. Isn't that a big hike from last year? Can't remember how much we paid for last years tickets. 

From memory - which often fails - £165 SEB, £175 EB no idea ful price. BF's were big too

11 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah, I was thinking there or there abouts. Fair old hike then. That said, booking regardless! 

£354.60 2 Super Early birds and car parking including booking fees last year. so looking like a 20% or more increase................ but we are going regardless.

11 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Cos the rumour mill was going bonkers and in life I find it easier just to ask.......... I asked, and they replied.
image.thumb.png.45601af8276a4bda0f4ae30e6014313f.png

Think that would be a game changer for most people. And even with the increase taking into account you can still  take your own booze still represents decent value for money. That said, a £30 increase on 10k tickets (conservative, leaves 5k for support staff/artists) is an extra £300k for them so interesting to see if we can see where/how much of that has been spent. 

43 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Think that would be a game changer for most people. And even with the increase taking into account you can still  take your own booze still represents decent value for money. That said, a £30 increase on 10k tickets (conservative, leaves 5k for support staff/artists) is an extra £300k for them so interesting to see if we can see where/how much of that has been spent. 

Everything will have gone up in price from the lawnmower person to the biggest of bands. It will all likely be spent on stuff simply costing more.

To be honest I can't remember how much I paid last year. But this one will be more expensive for me because I will be in a Campervan. I still think it looks good value especially with the commitment to no searching entering the arena and free BYOB policy. And of course it is peopled by wonderful attendees, top bog cleaners and security bods. The bands are usually top notch n'all! Love this festival.

Oh and kudos to Mr Interesting @Nobody Interesting for his Sherlock Holmes-ing

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rumblestripe said:

And of course it is peopled by wonderful attendees

Oh and kudos to Mr Interesting @Nobody Interesting for his Sherlock Holmes-ing

Hopefully those on Facebook getting very angry about anything and everything saying 'they won't go again' means it will be even better 🙂

and thank you

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2