Who the f’ are The Churnups

Traci

• 4 weeks later...

Chrissie Hynde is a strong possibility. Played with Foos before and The Pretenders are playing this weekend. Josh Homme would have been an obvious one too but QOTSA are set to play in Cardiff tonight. There's no way he'd make it in time. 

Hopefully it's not Macca again. He will always be a god to me but the voice is totally gone now. Time to hang up the microphone and guitar. 

Edit: Pelle from the Hives is a possibility too. He's played with Foos too and they are there today of course. So those gutted their set isn't being shown might yet get a reprieve. 

Edited by Benjsh

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure it’s gonna be actual Foos and not Dave + Friends.

My guess: it will be the original Foo Fighters lineup, playing the exact same setlist they played the first time (during the same timeslot). Hence the reason why they won't use the 'Foo Fighters' name now (as that is the current band).

So Dave, Pat, Nate and William. 

Just now, matrainertje said:

My guess: it will be the original Foo Fighters lineup, playing the exact same setlist they played the first time (during the same timeslot). Hence the reason why they won't use the 'Foo Fighters' name now (as that is the current band).

So Dave, Pat, Nate and William. 

Eh, nice idea but don’t see it. 1. Pretty sure William is still salty over the whole getting fired business and 2. They’ve got a new album out with a bunch of songs about Taylor that they’d no doubt want to showcase so can’t see them turning up and not playing any of that or any material from the past 25 years (y’know, the stuff Taylor played on).

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure it’s gonna be actual Foos and not Dave + Friends.

Would make the most sense given they played in France together two days ago so they will all be together. 

Either way I'm gutted as I love the Foos, never miss a tour and wasn't there when they headlined either. 😞

1 minute ago, Pjonze said:

Also, a major flaw in that is Taylor was the drummer the first time they played in 98 & Franz was the guitarist.

They wont do that to josh either. Welcome to our band but you know that amazing festival in England? Well you can sit that one out. 

Not a chance Dave is doing that to him. 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Logging in for another shift at the Bad Takes Factory

Why is that? I'm a huge Beatles fan and adore the man. I was lucky to be there in 04 (my first glasto too) when he headlined the first time and his voice still held up somewhat. 

Watched on the Beeb last year and he sounded like you'd expect an 80 year old man to sound like. It was difficult to witness, especially in the less well known songs. 

He won't be playing anyway i dont think. 

Edited by Benjsh

I’ve heard by a working steward that it’s Dave and the chili peppers… but she knew less than me about the pulp rumours (which are sh*t) so I don’t know how much I can Take her info as gospel.

Edited by Rachie

1 minute ago, Rachie said:

I’ve heard by a working steward that it’s Dave and the chili peppers… but she knew less than me about the pulp rumours (which are sh*t) so I don’t know how much I can Take her info as gospel.

That’s be random as they come, steward is having you on 

• Upvote 1

I agree with you tbh but just wanted to share info around… has anyone heard anything on pulp? Like the usual threads are not being hit so I think no. But but I need to know (my favourite band of alllll time)