Bristol and Bath Clean Air Zones

dondo

Saw that someone had posted on FB that they got fined for going through Bristol Clean Air Zone.  Not sure what routes people take but thought worth sharing.  

@parsonjackalso mentioned to me that Bath has one too if that was anyone's route (or if you wanted to avoid Bristol)

You can check here if your vehicle needs to pay

https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones

(Thanks to @danssolfor the link)

Screenshot_20230526_090059_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

As said above.

Bristol CAZ covers both private and commercial vehicles

Bath CAZ is commercial only.

Anyone in a van, LGV, pick-up, campervan or 4x4 needs to be careful with Bath as it applies to some of these whether being used privately or commercially.

6 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Unless you live in Bristol you wouldn’t need to go through the zone to get to Glasto. Unless you enjoy sitting in traffic!

Good to know. I did wonder whether if some folk had booked a hotel in Bristol city centre the night before/after it might impact them.

13 minutes ago, RossTC said:

The CAZ in Bristol only covers the City centre, maps available on line. Easily avoided on way to the farm.

check the maps very cafefully though - if you get off the motorway and go down the Portway and head to Weston super Mare, you will go though a tiny corner of the CAZ, and have to pay if your car isn't compliant.

It is 100% there to be a money spinner, no other reason.

Edited by paulshane

22 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Anyone in a van, LGV, pick-up, campervan or 4x4 needs to be careful with Bath as it applies to some of these whether being used privately or commercially.

Using the reg plate checker here I would have to pay for my campervan (which is registered as a camper) in Bath. I'm staying at the YHA on the Monday after and assumed I would have to pay if I entered the LEZ anyway so will just have to work out my route to avoid it. The hostel itself is just outside it

46 minutes ago, paulshane said:

check the maps very cafefully though - if you get off the motorway and go down the Portway and head to Weston super Mare, you will go though a tiny corner of the CAZ, and have to pay if your car isn't compliant.

It is 100% there to be a money spinner, no other reason.

Yeah adding that little bit on Cumerberland Basin is naughty really, must get so many people there!! 

If anyone has a satnav (eg Garmin), these should be able to route you outside of these areas (avoid Environmental Areas). I've got a motorhome and thought I'd have problems getting round Bath from the East, and avoiding the Bristol and motorway traffic on the West, but it got me quickly onto the motorway further North without a fine.

I haven’t checked but just be aware not all CAZ are registered with all sat nav / routing apps .. some councils haven’t yet added their CAZ to google maps for example .. definitely worth checking the specific council website for confirmation of the exact boundary just incase.

10 hours ago, dondo said:

Good to know. I did wonder whether if some folk had booked a hotel in Bristol city centre the night before/after it might impact them.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m staying in Bristol on the Sunday on the way down. Luckily my car isn’t affected by the charges