Lebara On Vodafone 99p for 1month contract

Evilmonkeydan

So with Vodaphone being lead sponsor. I was looking at what I could do incase EE is pants this year at glasto, found out that Lebara currently offer a month by month contract cancel anytime through MoneySuperMarket. Discounted heavily for first 3 months, 3GB is 99p or 10GB is £1.49. They also do a 20GB if you are a real fatboy. 

These are SIM only(not ESIM). So I’ve converted my EE SIM to an ESIM and ordered on of these so I can flip between if needed. 
VOXI, ASDA and Talk mobile are also on Vodafone but Lebara is the cheapest I found.

image.thumb.png.73158e94616c0a432636ac29adc3bcb9.png

Edited by Evilmonkeydan
Wrong image
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Evilmonkeydan said:

So I was looking at what I could do incase EE is pants this year at glasto, found out that Lebara currently offer a month by month contract cancel anytime through MoneySuperMarket. Discounted heavily for first 3 months, 3GB is 99p or 10GB is £1.49. They also do a 20GB if you are a real fatboy. 

These are SIM only(not ESIM). So I’ve converted my EE SIM to an ESIM and ordered on of these so I can flip between if needed. 

image.thumb.png.73158e94616c0a432636ac29adc3bcb9.png

exactly what I did ... great info 🙂 

Just now, Twiggy553 said:

Genuine question- Why do you think Lebara will be better than EE - isn’t it EE that have all the masts onsite?

they put up temporary masts for the festival . this year id imagine vodaphone does the same ...Lebara piggybacks off that . 

I've just called o2 to request an eSim pack be sent out to me for my normal contract and will sign up to that £1.49 Lebara one, great shout. I assume the 2 (o2 and Lebara) will just both run alongside eachother on my phone rather than me having to select one each time I want to make a call/send a message etc?

9 minutes ago, Evilmonkeydan said:

I’m hoping that EE will be just as good.

But you’d presume that Vodafone’s contact is that EE can’t just rock up to site as well. for the 99p or £1.49 it’s just a happy safety net now that Vodafone are the lead sponsor instead of EE. 

Vodafone still had a significant amount of masts last year.

It just means Vodafone are the ones scamming people for chargers etc on site

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I've just called o2 to request an eSim pack be sent out to me for my normal contract and will sign up to that £1.49 Lebara one, great shout. I assume the 2 (o2 and Lebara) will just both run alongside eachother on my phone rather than me having to select one each time I want to make a call/send a message etc?

On iPhone, you choose/set your primary. You obviously have two numbers. Then when you call or text you can choose your backup line if you want to. Or you can turn off your primary to force everything over if O2 for example are just trash. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

Do you know if you can say move an existing number via pac to Vodafone for a month or so and then move again? Is there a time / maximum you can request a pac code? 

No minimum period - to play it safe and make sure everything has switched correctly its usually advised to stay for a day or two at least when taking your number to another network via PAC code before trying to switch it again. What you propose will work fine (although most would probably rather use a dual SIM option if their phone allows as it doubles your chances of actually getting a workable phone signal at Glastonbury if you have two SIMs on different networks available!😀

I was wondering about picking up a Lebara SIM but I think some network operators throttle/slow down the virtual networks that use their network and I wondered if Vodafone would do this to protect their (higher paying) customers experience over Lebara or whoever else. This isn't my area though so I don't know if that actually happens in practice…

2 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

I was wondering about picking up a Lebara SIM but I think some network operators throttle/slow down the virtual networks that use their network and I wondered if Vodafone would do this to protect their (higher paying) customers experience over Lebara or whoever else. This isn't my area though so I don't know if that actually happens in practice…

Partner switched from Vodafone to lebara and no complaints whatsoever, simply enjoying saving nearly twenty quid per month. 

I've come to Lisbon for a few days and wanted a sim with Roaming, so got the one which is 99p for 5g first few months mentioned above. 

Worked like a charm thus far, shoved in second sim slot and switched over on demand. 

9 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

Absolutely this! My EE contract is now an e-sim and I’ll use Vodafone payg for the best possible connection on the farm.