2023 See Tickets Coach Times and Departure Points...

gooner1990

With the coach option being run for so many years and generally it appears the same departure times I'm surprised they're not able to specify times when they go on sale like for London and Bristol 

4 hours ago, Skier68 said:

Yes I have done it twice and got on a later coach. Was half empty as lots of people dont take the return coach. (Only a coach to Taunton though so might be very different for those hardcore souls coming down from Edinburgh, unlikely to be as many empty spots on those ones)

You'd actually be surprised! done the Edinburgh coach the last two years and most people end up with a double seat to lie down on on the way back as so many people travel to Edinburgh to get the coach so don't get it back (last year loads of people from Liverpool).

We're getting the coach from Newcastle this year as couldn't get the Edinburgh golden ticket, so will get to site about 12 hours later as it doesn't leave till 10am AND hoping to get a seat on the Edinburgh coach back....

5 minutes ago, Eireannach said:

Is there absolutely any way to change coach times/days/departure city? Disappointed with what we got (late Thursday and late Monday departures) but are really happy to travel to other parts of the country/swap to the Wednesday if it means we can get there earlier

Pretty much zero way as they hand out the tickets on your coach and even if you missed it and went to the box office to collect it would only be available once the ticket is physically there I think? Would just focus on the fact that you've been lucky enough to get tickets and see the benefits of a late arrival which is really quick entry and quick set up in the outer campsites so less tiredness which means you can sort yourselves out fast and crack on.

12 hours ago, incident said:

Near enough maximum. 2 hours probably.

Not sure if it's going to happen the same way but last year our coach emptied out and we were given access straight to the gate over folk coming from the car park. But planning for 2 hours (have some water, suncream handy, rain mac etc is not a bad plan).

11 hours ago, Soulofatruck said:

You'd actually be surprised! done the Edinburgh coach the last two years and most people end up with a double seat to lie down on on the way back as so many people travel to Edinburgh to get the coach so don't get it back (last year loads of people from Liverpool).

We're getting the coach from Newcastle this year as couldn't get the Edinburgh golden ticket, so will get to site about 12 hours later as it doesn't leave till 10am AND hoping to get a seat on the Edinburgh coach back....

How the hell are all these people getting home?!

• 2 weeks later...

Heya not long to go now! Counting down the days.😎 We are getting the southampton coach leaving at 0600 on the Thursday. We will be travelling from the Poole BH14 area. is anyone else on that coach and live en route? And also want to share a ride with us or coach/train back on the Monday? 

it seems silly to do it with just two of us if others are doing the same? Also separate note why can’t they time buses with train times! I thought the whole reason was to get a coach was to use public transport!! 

I also posted on the lift share group a while back to no reply’s so trying my luck here.. I know a bit of a long shot but hey ho… 

1 hour ago, Harry Bennett said:

Probably been asked before (so apologies) but its my first time with a Coach Ticket - Leaving at 12 on Wednesday. How early do we need to be there ahead of departure? Do you just turn up and walk on your allocated bus with your Coach Ticket or is there a queuing system etc. 

Is this for London? There are a lot of coaches at any one departure time and a lot of people. People congregate at the edge of the car park and the coaches are called out. It will not leave early, or even on time.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:47 AM, cheesey_toastie said:

Not sure if it's going to happen the same way but last year our coach emptied out and we were given access straight to the gate over folk coming from the car park. But planning for 2 hours (have some water, suncream handy, rain mac etc is not a bad plan).

This happened around midday. We were walking to gate D and pretty much got routed to A by staff. Waited almost 3 hours to get in.

6 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Is this for London? There are a lot of coaches at any one departure time and a lot of people. People congregate at the edge of the car park and the coaches are called out. It will not leave early, or even on time.

Yeah London (key information that....). Ok - so not much point getting there tooo early then. 

Cheers. 

1 minute ago, Harry Bennett said:

Yeah London (key information that....). Ok - so not much point getting there tooo early then. 

Cheers. 

Nope - not at all. It's a frustrating wait in a windswept car park. However, The Pilot Inn, a 5 minutes walk away, is worth a visit.

So, my coach is later this year (by 90 mins), I really don't understand why see tickets have now scheduled a coach to leave Oxford city centre at rush hour (was 6.15am in 2022 and is 7.45am this year) as I think that could add a fair bit of time on, and the coaches never really leave promptly anyway...so with a 7.45am departure if we are off and out of the city by 9am that would be good going.....2 1/2 hrs on the coach if it doesn't stop so looking at arriving at PGA somewhere between 11.30am-12.30pm.

Does anyone know what the queues are usually like that at that time? I'll be on my own so hoping not too long as will be carrying all stuff by myself!

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

So, my coach is later this year (by 90 mins), I really don't understand why see tickets have now scheduled a coach to leave Oxford city centre at rush hour (was 6.15am in 2022 and is 7.45am this year) as I think that could add a fair bit of time on, and the coaches never really leave promptly anyway...so with a 7.45am departure if we are off and out of the city by 9am that would be good going.....2 1/2 hrs on the coach if it doesn't stop so looking at arriving at PGA somewhere between 11.30am-12.30pm.

Does anyone know what the queues are usually like that at that time? I'll be on my own so hoping not too long as will be carrying all stuff by myself!

Queues are usually a lot better then 

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2023 at 11:56 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

Long shot, but is there anyone on here who won’t be using their Manchester coach return? I have two from Birmingham at 9am that I’m happy to swap?

Remember your tickets will be handed out on the coach you are booked on to!

Edit just seen the word “return”. Nothing to see here

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude
  • Upvote 1