Festival Medical Services

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, westholtschic said:

He did indeed. And you got a mention 😀

Yes, I heard that as well, there was pockets of cheering from different parts of the field, must have been all the e festers in attendance!  I remember the festival medical team was also at the worthy pastures camping. A cause well worth supporting. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

I paid a visit to the medical tent on the Thursday last year after an extremely violent reaction to an undercooked breakfast egg roll 🤮

They were brilliant. Left feeling reassured and with anti nausea and rehydration medication. Will be steering clear of eggs at Glasto in future and recently donated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi team does anyone know when wristbanding stops today for FMS arrivals? Friend worried he may not be able to get on site by time of arrival. Thanks 

Edited by stuie

2009, the origin of my “Prodigy” scars. Leaving Other after Prodigy, tripped over someone’s bag on to a load of smashed glass. Knee is in shreds, welly filling. Got driven up to the med tent and stitched up by a Falkands vet with a big ‘Tash. Being Sunday evening, they only had a pretty heavy gauge stitching left but very grateful.

2023, I spent all night in the queue in agony, doubled over. I was being stubborn as I had to get in first and I did. When I finally got my tent up I collapsed in pain and got dragged up to the med tent.

Got promptly taken to RHU Bath, Turns out it was a kidney stone. Back in the party by 8pm, fed and morphined up.

Thanks a million guys. 

Edited by bennyboi
  • Upvote 1

Big shout out to these guys and gals who did a sterling job over the weekend .

I went to the tent in the park by the co-op on Saturday morning and although they were very busy (mostly sunburn and twisted ankles) I was triaged in five minutes and sorted and  out of the place in twenty minutes. A nice simple job of getting a sore on my leg dressed.

I wish my GP could run a service like that.

• Like 1

Big up FMS and I know must have been an extremely tough year, losing someone on site. 

On a lighter note I would most like to thank them for losing me in the system last year, as they were looking for a 40 year old woman and had immediately discounted me as I was far too young, and so thought I had left. The leg got bandaged AND the ego healed!!

was doing my monthly hospital volunteering today, mentioned glastonbury ( actually thanked a therapist who had introduced himself to me in the past as "my job is to get you back to glastonbury festival", and had been my inspiration to do it) and when he asked how to get a ticket for next year i said "you volunteer for FMS".

• Upvote 1