Americana - 2023

Peter_Quaife

Hi..had a look and didn't see an existing thread.

Hoping for some Americana at the festival, had a wee look at a few of the bands / singers I'd love to see and their June touring status:

The Jayhawks (right at the top of my wishlist) - Touring in April

The Avett Brothers - Touring USA , playing 22nd/23rd/24th June

Gregory Alan Isakov - Touring USA, has a gap

Mason Jennings - Touring USA to early June

Jason Isbell - has a USA festival on the 25th June

My Morning Jacket - Playing Primavera in June (would also be very high on my wishlist)

Wilco - Doing European Festivals and have a gap

Feel free to add, be great to get some possibilities / new names to check out...thanks

Calexico are in Denmark, they could do the Sunday, but they’re on several nights in a row so perhaps unlikely. I’m a big fan. Bonny Light Horseman were good at Celtic Connections this year so I’d hope they can make an appearance, it’s possible on their itinerary. Shame the Avett Brothers are unavailable, they were superb at the festival a good number of years back.

21 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Shame the Avett Brothers are unavailable, they were superb at the festival a good number of years back.

Yeah they were great. 2010 in Avalon I think. Baking hot day. I only got into them as they were after The Wurzel's. Still love them now. Avett Brothers that is 🙂

Saw Baskery last year, although not so Americana they do cover Avett Brothers and Neil Young, but they were excellent too. 

I'm on the look out for more like the above this year if anyone has more recomendations along those lines......

On 3/24/2023 at 5:22 PM, rgalbraith said:

Yeah they were great. 2010 in Avalon I think. Baking hot day. I only got into them as they were after The Wurzel's. Still love them now. Avett Brothers that is 🙂

Saw Baskery last year, although not so Americana they do cover Avett Brothers and Neil Young, but they were excellent too. 

I'm on the look out for more like the above this year if anyone has more recomendations along those lines......

Remember seeing The Avett Brothers on a previous lineup poster, hard to believe that was 2010. The last time they played Ireland was March 2013, supported by Grace Potter. Absolutely brilliant gig. They have a huge following in America and just seem to tour the States 9 months a year, with the odd gig in Mexico. 

Really enjoying The Teskey Brothers (cheers Gnomocide). Calexico and Midlake would be a couple of super additions too. I'll add Dawes into the mix. Incredible band, though winding up after a tour and have to replace their long standing bass player, could be a longshot. 

Billy Strings and band would go down a storm. Does some epic electric rock covers live as well as the Americana / Bluegrass and Jim White would also be great.