Who's Playing Where '23

mike46

On 5/1/2023 at 1:27 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

He’s played much smaller stages before . But yeah I’d think it will be busy considering he was meant to be headlining other not long ago 

Edited.

Screen shot removed at Norm's request.

Edited by nikkic
  • Like 2

Just now, Enkidu said:

So is that Fever Ray, Fatboy Slim and Manics for the three Park headliners?

Don’t think we have a confirmation on Manics doing it - people are just assuming they’ll be keeping their 2020 slot, but tons of acts switched stages last year from their original 2020 placings. 

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Fatboy vs Lana vs Carner vs Christine, can see quite an even split there, altho Park is a lot smaller, so might appear busier. 

I think he’ll pull a bigger crowd than most Park headliners. I’ve never been to see a headliner there but always got the impression that even the bigger acts don’t pull massive crowds, but Fatboy is a huge draw wherever he plays. Funny that he’s dropped down from Other to Park though - leads me even moreso to think he wasn’t plan A for Other headliner in 2020 and they had a late drop out before they released the lineup.

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think he’ll pull a bigger crowd than most Park headliners. I’ve never been to see a headliner there but always got the impression that even the bigger acts don’t pull massive crowds, but Fatboy is a huge draw wherever he plays. Funny that he’s dropped down from Other to Park though - leads me even moreso to think he wasn’t plan A for Other headliner in 2020 and they had a late drop out before they released the lineup.

Happily ticking off the stages though still 🙂 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Had no idea he was going to headline Other in 2020, actually. Strange that they'd de-Stage him - despite I'm sure he doesn't care where he plays 'cos he loves the place, altho they've done the same to Christine it appears (which I'm not surprised about). Outside of Four Tet, I can definitely see him drawing a crowd bigger than the other two Park headliners from last year.

On a closer look, I've just been checking out the Spotify plays - can't be bothered to go into ticket sales and tour capacities etc, but Lana has massive monthly listeners/plays. So, she'll prob do quite well too. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Obvs it doesn't impact me as I'll be at The Pyramid on Saturday night, but another stage succumbing to a dance headliner is a bit shit. 

Doesn’t seem to be any other dance headliners that night does there? Not on the big 5 anyway. 

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Doesn’t seem to be any other dance headliners that night does there? Not on the big 5 anyway. 

No, and I nearly typed something about Lana taking up a usual dance headliner slot but couldn't be arsed checking back who'd done Saturday on The Other in recent festivals. 

Just that The Park normally avoids that sort of stuff. 🤷

25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

No, and I nearly typed something about Lana taking up a usual dance headliner slot but couldn't be arsed checking back who'd done Saturday on The Other in recent festivals. 

Just that The Park normally avoids that sort of stuff. 🤷

I don't know if they're in the same mould of dance, I'm pretty terrible with genres esp when it comes to dance/SH stuff, but weren't Four Tet there last year, Hot Chip in 2019, done it before?

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

21 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I don't know if they're in the same mould of dance, I'm pretty terrible with genres esp when it comes to dance/SH stuff, but weren't Four Tet there last year, Hot Chip in 2019, done it before?

I take it all back, I've clearly blanked all the dance acts who have done The Park from my mind due to utter disgust.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

6758B69A-0364-40C9-AE25-9D370F951482.thumb.jpeg.bc6fed966e1717b4f638b683f72db24b.jpeg

Is this your screenshot? 

swear Instagram messages land at the bottom of the screen not the top? also what’s up with the curved corners? 

Not doubting. Just doing due diligence 

Edited by leath02