Who's Playing Where '23

mike46

49 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's way smaller than either of them.

Maybe the Other, but it would be early doors.

Yeah got her like fifth down in my head rather than third like those two, and tbh that’s an absolute win for me because it means far more likely to not get caught in some of the awful clashes later on. Gonna be one of the sets of the weekend.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nowhere near that big. To a lot of people (including on here) she’s still just the one hit wonder Call Me Maybe girl. Mid Other or high Woodsies at best.

Ah fair enough, I have no idea on the size of either of them so just assumed it would be the big pop song moment the BBC love 

22 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Ah fair enough, I have no idea on the size of either of them so just assumed it would be the big pop song moment the BBC love 

Guarantee that BBC will want to broadcast Call Me Maybe, really can't see that being in Woodsies. As much as I'd prefer her on a smaller stage, I'm thinking she's surefire mid-afternoon on Pyramid. She's not exactly small-time, she almost filled Ally Pally last month.

2 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Which stage announcement is everyone looking forward to the most? Park for me, if only to get headliner clash disappointments out of the way 😅

I always like Acoustic and Avalon announcements, there’s always a couple of pleasant surprises on those for me.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I always like Acoustic and Avalon announcements, there’s always a couple of pleasant surprises on those for me.

I’d agree with that. When they get announced that’s where the clashes really become a problem. Especially with a late nighter like Frank Turner on the Avalon ! 

• Upvote 1

I have been racking my brains about Carly, what I think and what I want. Personally, I don’t see Park for her. I think it’s Pyramid, Other or Woodsies - with the smaller the stage, the higher her billing obv. 
not sure I can see her as high as the Miley slot, but she is far from small, 15 million monthly listeners on Spotify. I’m personally hoping for early afternoon Pyramid or mid afternoon Other. 
Worried with a Woodsies slot it would be high up enough to worry about clashes.

1 hour ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Which stage announcement is everyone looking forward to the most? Park for me, if only to get headliner clash disappointments out of the way 😅

All about the electronic music for me now. 

Really interested to see what Silver Hayes put together, last year was a big improvement so hoping they can build on that. 

3 hours ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Which stage announcement is everyone looking forward to the most? Park for me, if only to get headliner clash disappointments out of the way

The Glade for me. It’s a convenient place to meet up and can be a great place to get lost for a few hours.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Pretty much my thoughts.

Yeah this. Haven’t really listened to her much but am doing so now and she’s got some tunes in her Arsenal. Fourth down Other would be a good slot. Hopefully Saturday for a Carly-Lizzo-GNR run that would please me immensely.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Yeah this. Haven’t really listened to her much but am doing so now and she’s got some tunes in her Arsenal. Fourth down Other would be a good slot. Hopefully Saturday for a Carly-Lizzo-GNR run that would please me immensely.

Yup. That’d be sweet.

In other news, listened to Maggie Rogers today for the first time and really impressed. Any thoughts on where she might feature? Afternoon Woodsies feels right to me but not sure.

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Yup. That’d be sweet.

In other news, listened to Maggie Rogers today for the first time and really impressed. Any thoughts on where she might feature? Afternoon Woodsies feels right to me but not sure.

Yeah considering she did Other last time, mid/late Woodsies seems spot on for her this time.