Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

2 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

Would The Used play that low down, or even be invited back after last time?

I guess them being sh*t in the past could lower their fee/placing. They're a big draw and are the epitome of the genre that the fest is based around. Depends if the bookers hold grudges I guess.

Some bands I think could play that I would love to see on the line-up:

Rancid - Sleep Token - Turnstile - Alkaline Trio - Quicksand - Finch - Say Anything - Thursday - Head Automatica

I would love to see The Menzingers back again but can't see it happening so soon. The new album is rad. 

• Like 1

Throwing some of my wishes into the pot:

Alkaline Trio

Rise Against

Frank Turner

The Flatliners

Youth Fountain (again yes but low down this year so needs a bigger slot)

Mayday Parade

Taking Back Sunday

Manchester Orchestra

Sam Russo

Laura Jane Grace/Against Me!

Atleast 4 or 5 of the above would probably be enough for me to get a ticket I think.

4 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

Alkaline Trio have announced a new album and US tour for Feb/March. I think there's a very good chance they're playing SD or at least touring the UK April/May.

Definitely a high chance, potentially headlining/subbing that stage tbf. 

Can rule out TSSF if anyone had them on the card with them back in August for the rescheduled blink shows/leeds fest with Blink. 

5 minutes ago, jcarb said:

If Billie Joel is to be trusted there’s no Rancid at SD. 

Saying they have a world tour of Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid and The Linda Lindas. 

Tbf that says Summer and includes Smashing Pumpkins who are touring here until middle of June. I expect the US Summer tour would start end of June or in July. 

RDT_20231020_1004575984144044322370753.jpg

Edited by ScarletBlaster
Adding tour teaser

Green Day tour will likely be July/August to fit in stadiums before the NFL starts. Pumpkins are already doing their own independent UK dates (with Weezer) in July, so don't think its necessarily the same support across the US/ EU + UK legs of the Green Day tour. Could see Rancid doing their own shows/festivals too in spring/early summer (including Slam Dunk). Think Green Day will probably be around Europe in late June/early July to hit some of the bigger festivals like Rock Werchter or Mad Cool before heading back to the USA.

28 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Green Day tour will likely be July/August to fit in stadiums before the NFL starts. Pumpkins are already doing their own independent UK dates (with Weezer) in July, so don't think its necessarily the same support across the US/ EU + UK legs of the Green Day tour. Could see Rancid doing their own shows/festivals too in spring/early summer (including Slam Dunk). Think Green Day will probably be around Europe in late June/early July to hit some of the bigger festivals like Rock Werchter or Mad Cool before heading back to the USA.

Could they not do their own dates in Europe too?, I don't really know how big they are there.

18 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah, feel like this means Rancid are more likely as are active. They could play Slam Dunk and support Green Day in June or they’ll just have different supports. 

I think they will want as much crossover as support as they can if going by previous Hella Mega is to go by. TSP though have their own tour to sell and this will naturally dent sales. Unlikely they are going to come back end of the year until it is worth it but it would still be an announced so don't expect them. 

But if Green Day want Rancid then I can see them choosing them instead. I never saw Green Day playing Download myself and they aren't a band to play two days at a festival. If Download tried to do that to get Green Day I don't think it sits nearly as well as Metallica.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

What are you hoping for? 

Not saying it's not realistic but just doesn't suit me at all!

Realistic wise maybe; A Day To Remember, Alkaline Trio and Bullet For My Valentine

Wishful thinking for me would be something like Limp Bizkit, All Time Low and Sleep Token

Are I Prevail really at the level to headline one of the main stages?

I thought they were still an average academy level act. 2nd down sort of placement. 

That Green Day tour will hit UK/EU with a different line up. Likely someone like The Interrupters/Distillers or someone on that level. 

1 hour ago, jcarb said:

Are I Prevail really at the level to headline one of the main stages?

I thought they were still an average academy level act. 2nd down sort of placement. 

That Green Day tour will hit UK/EU with a different line up. Likely someone like The Interrupters/Distillers or someone on that level. 

They sold out every date on their recent academy tour and sold out Wembley arena with it on top of a 3rd down main stage slot at Download, they’d headline SD now.

14 hours ago, Nice to Michu said:

They sold out every date on their recent academy tour and sold out Wembley arena with it on top of a 3rd down main stage slot at Download, they’d headline SD now.

That’s pretty crazy! I don’t pay much attention to them in all fairness. 

19 hours ago, sacred shape said:

That lineup would also be terrible for me. Kinda realistic wishlist is All American Rejects (probably headliners as not played in the UK since SD14), and AFI 

AAR only headlined as ADTR pulled out or they were the sub. One of the Key Club stage headliners opposite YMAS on the other side. 

I'm hoping Turnstile are at next year's Slam Dunk, although they currently have no dates booked for the foreseeable future, so wonder if they're going to be taking some time out to write and record. Rancid would also be very cool. I don't really see who else they get to headline that stage? The pool of bands big enough to headline that dickies stage seems to be getting smaller and smaller, especially with the acts they have had in the past few years. Sum 41 felt like a bit of a curve ball against bands like Offspring and NOFX, but I suppose it shows it could be one of the bigger pop punk bands.

Would love to see Capdown back as well. They haven't played in a few years.

You would think Electric Callboy have to be a shoe in for it. Can also imagine Bury Tomorrow playing as well.

Would also love to see Something Corporate/Andrew McMahon. As long as it's full band I don't really care.