Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

20 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Dickies: Rancid, Alkaline Trio, The Interrupters, Pennywise, Reel Big Fish, The Skints, Random Hand, Grade 2

Amazon: A Day To Remember, While She Sleeps, I Prevail, The Blackout, Hot Milk,Currents, Dream State

Kerrang Tent: The Story So Far, Mayday Parade, Knuckle Puck, Tigers Jaw, Origami Angel, Save Face, Can't Swim, Anxious, Koyo, No Pressure

Knotfest: Code Orange, Loathe, Better Lovers, Saosin, Casey, END, Graphic Nature, Lake Malice

Key Club: Dinosaur Pile-Up, Tonight Alive, Loveless Games We Play, Bad Nerves, Caseyette, Deliah Bon,  The Nightmares

Wouldn’t be pleased with the headliners but I’d be fairly happy with the rest. Would be surprised to see I Prevail that far down and lower than WSS. Have a feeling WSS will opt for Trees next year. I’d go watch Graphic Nature/Cassyette/Bad Nerves/The Blackout/I Prevail/While She Sleeps/Dinosaur Pile Up 

57 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Dickies: Rancid, Alkaline Trio, The Interrupters, Pennywise, Reel Big Fish, The Skints, Random Hand, Grade 2

Amazon: A Day To Remember, While She Sleeps, I Prevail, The Blackout, Hot Milk,Currents, Dream State

Kerrang Tent: The Story So Far, Mayday Parade, Knuckle Puck, Tigers Jaw, Origami Angel, Save Face, Can't Swim, Anxious, Koyo, No Pressure

Knotfest: Code Orange, Loathe, Better Lovers, Saosin, Casey, END, Graphic Nature, Lake Malice

Key Club: Dinosaur Pile-Up, Tonight Alive, Loveless Games We Play, Bad Nerves, Caseyette, Deliah Bon,  The Nightmares

The Interrupters would sub main stage, they are bigger than Alkaline Trio.

No chance the Amazon stage is going to be that top heavy, Dickies is the main stage. You put an arena band, with a band who have sold ally pally with another band who have done Wembley arena below. I Prevail are pushing to headline that stage themselves and WSS would be below them. Considering the subs this this were BFS and Billy Talent on the main stages which I personally thought was weak options but they are Brixton Academy level.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

No chance the Amazon stage is going to be that top heavy, Dickies is the main stage. You put an arena band, with a band who have sold ally pally with another band who have done Wembley arena below. I Prevail are pushing to headline that stage themselves and WSS would be below them. Considering the subs this this were BFS and Billy Talent on the main stages which I personally thought was weak options but they are Brixton Academy level.

Nostalgia plays a big part in placements. Trio would play above The Interrupters.

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

Alkaline Trio have more Spotify listeners than The Interrupters, not by much tbf but still I think more people know them.

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Nostalgia plays a big part in placements. Trio would play above The Interrupters.

Maybe your are right but they don't sell more tickets.

58 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

Alkaline Trio have more Spotify listeners than The Interrupters, not by much tbf but still I think more people know them.

Maybe they do but tickets wise, The Interrupters would both do a bigger tour and sell more tickets than them

I’m going for: 

ADTR with YMAS as very special guests on the Main Stage. 

I Prevail headlining the heavy outdoor stage with Bury Tomorrow below them. 

Funeral For A Friend and The Blackout headlining the dual tent stage playing Casually Dressed and The Best In Town in full. 

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m going for: 

ADTR with YMAS as very special guests on the Main Stage. 

I Prevail headlining the heavy outdoor stage with Bury Tomorrow below them. 

Funeral For A Friend and The Blackout headlining the dual tent stage playing Casually Dressed and The Best In Town in full. 

If that's the case, the undercard is gonna have to be very special for me to go. And I've been to both days the last few years so that's saying something

1 hour ago, SpongeNob said:

Are any of these rumours/speculations actually legit? I can't see ADTR playing Slam Dunk.

Played DL in a big slot 2022, were due to do their own headline shows on the SD sites before Covid, never headlined SD before and I don’t think they’d go back to Reading now, I think they’re a big shout to headline tbh.

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

If that's the case, the undercard is gonna have to be very special for me to go. And I've been to both days the last few years so that's saying something

I agree. If they booked those two to headline without a great undercard it's an easy £100 saving on a ticket for me on what is already verging on an overpriced ticket anyway.

1 hour ago, Nice to Michu said:

Played DL in a big slot 2022, were due to do their own headline shows on the SD sites before Covid, never headlined SD before and I don’t think they’d go back to Reading now, I think they’re a big shout to headline tbh.

They also pulled out as headliners the year All American Rejects headlined. 

21 hours ago, Nice to Michu said:

Didn’t know that, I think it’s them.

They pretty much owe the festival and the UK some headline shows at this point. 

Last proper headline tour was 2017 and I don’t think they’ve headlined anywhere in the UK since then either. 

Semi-realistic wishlist for funsies.

Dickies
AFI - Rise Against - Alkaline Trio - The Used - The Bronx - Goldfinger - Saves The Day

Amazon
ADTR - YM@6 - Electric Callboy - Polaris - Andrew WK - Empire State Bastard 

Whatever the f**k the pop-punk/emo-y stage is called
Funeral For A Friend - Dashboard Confessional - Motion City Soundtrack - Something Corporate - Cute Is What We Aim For - Movements - Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Semi-realistic wishlist for funsies.

Dickies
AFI - Rise Against - Alkaline Trio - The Used - The Bronx - Goldfinger - Saves The Day

Amazon
ADTR - YM@6 - Electric Callboy - Polaris - Andrew WK - Empire State Bastard 

Whatever the f**k the pop-punk/emo-y stage is called
Funeral For A Friend - Dashboard Confessional - Motion City Soundtrack - Something Corporate - Cute Is What We Aim For - Movements - Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness

Would The Used play that low down, or even be invited back after last time?