Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

As a Leeds fan I’ve been to two play off finals and lost both times so I’m seeing it as a good omen if I just don’t watch and miss it. If I watch it, we lose and I miss bands in the process I’ll be pissed and it’ll probably ruin my day a bit so might just give the game a swerve, hope for the best, look for the result and celebrate into the night/Leeds city centre into the early hours. 

On the Slam Dunk hype train now with only 2 days left at work. What’s everyone’s schedules looking like? Going to both days and think I’m going to try catch the following.

Hatfield: Beauty School or As Everything Unfolds (if anyone can recommend either of these live or in general that’d help as I don’t know either but both sound alright on a limited listen) > Arms Length > End of Big D & The Kids Table > The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus > Head Automatica > One Step Closer > We The Kings > The Blackout > State Champs > L.S Dunes or Boys Like Girls > The All American Rejects > You Me At Six

Leeds: Bob Vylan > Against The Current > Pale Waves > Palaye Royale > End of Funeral for a Friend > I Prevail > Hot Milk DJ Set

31 minutes ago, foolee said:

Hatfield: Beauty School or As Everything Unfolds (if anyone can recommend either of these live or in general that’d help as I don’t know either but both sound alright on a limited listen)

I'm a big fan of both. Seen them each about 5 times. AEU are really strong live and I'd recommend seeing them if you don't know either. I'll be at Beauty School though as they are back to back with Arm's Length and I love an emo sing a long.

Edited by sacred shape
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, foolee said:

As a Leeds fan I’ve been to two play off finals and lost both times so I’m seeing it as a good omen if I just don’t watch and miss it. If I watch it, we lose and I miss bands in the process I’ll be pissed and it’ll probably ruin my day a bit so might just give the game a swerve, hope for the best, look for the result and celebrate into the night/Leeds city centre into the early hours. 

On the Slam Dunk hype train now with only 2 days left at work. What’s everyone’s schedules looking like? Going to both days and think I’m going to try catch the following.

Hatfield: Beauty School or As Everything Unfolds (if anyone can recommend either of these live or in general that’d help as I don’t know either but both sound alright on a limited listen) > Arms Length > End of Big D & The Kids Table > The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus > Head Automatica > One Step Closer > We The Kings > The Blackout > State Champs > L.S Dunes or Boys Like Girls > The All American Rejects > You Me At Six

Leeds: Bob Vylan > Against The Current > Pale Waves > Palaye Royale > End of Funeral for a Friend > I Prevail > Hot Milk DJ Set

Schedules looking good there!! Both dates this weekend for me aswell. My schedule looking like:

South: Caskets, Red Jumpsuit, Stick To Your Guns, Mallory Knox, State Champs, Boys Like Girls, AA Rejects, I Prevail, Rest of YM@6

North: We The Kings, The Blackout, The Ghost Inside, Pale Waves, Funeral For A Friend, Wonder Years (Start of), YM@6

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, foolee said:

Leeds: Bob Vylan > Against The Current > Pale Waves > Palaye Royale > End of Funeral for a Friend > I Prevail > Hot Milk DJ

Seen Leeds lose twice, Shrewsbury my second/home team 4 times and adopted Solihull as my local team last year ...2 times again inside a week

The curse has to be broken 

4 hours ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Seems to be an anonymous seller with unlimited tickets for SD at £65 on Tixel. Wouldn't be surprised if this is SD themselves sneakily punting half price tickets to try boost attendance numbers.

You seem to be right.

Has slam dunk ever had to give away or mass reduce the price of tickets before? Because I can't recall them ever doing so. Usually you get the announcement that the south site sells out within the last week or two

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They've closed the car parks at Leeds today due to weather so there will be a free shuttle bus from Leeds City centre and passes will be refunded. No doubt they'll get pelters for this but it can't really be avoided 

That seems fair, although logistical nightmare. I left mid-headline last night and it was getting pretty treacherous getting out of the car park

45 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Any insight into what’s happened with Bob Vylan?

Apparently got in a tangle after his set with production staff (also Pale Waves mentioned to be involved), he ran over time by like 5 mins

1 hour ago, LazyDavid said:

Apparently got in a tangle after his set with production staff (also Pale Waves mentioned to be involved), he ran over time by like 5 mins

Who mentioned Pale Waves? Only person I see claiming Pale Waves were involved is that Rob Kellas from TPD TV who is a notorious wind up merchant that looks to bait people with nonsense. 

2 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Who mentioned Pale Waves? Only person I see claiming Pale Waves were involved is that Rob Kellas from TPD TV who is a notorious wind up merchant that looks to bait people with nonsense. 

He was the first person to mention it yesterday (so he must have known something happened) and has since taken it down, we'll probably never know