Rosalia

CaledonianGonzo

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Assuming she plays - and we clearly hope she does - where do we think she'll show up?

Has she outgrown West Holts headliner size?  There doesn't seem to be any space for her at the top of the Other Stage. I can't really see it third down on the Pyramid.

Other sub I reckon.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d still go with WH headliner myself. She’s obviously absolutely huge in other parts of Europe but I’m not sure that’s quite translated to here just yet, and they’ve had some pretty big acts topping WH in the past. 

But yeah, IF she is in fact too big, third or subbing Other it is. 

Personally I think the main issue with her playing on the WH is that her production seems pretty massive. She'd probably want to play a stage that can cater for those needs better.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

How are other fests managing? She's playing Werchter, right?

She’s playing the main stage there apparently before your dream top two of QOTSA and Arctic Monkeys. 

I think Other sub makes sense too. She’d be a decent fit before any of Sam Smith, Fred or The Prodigy and a good counter to the guitars on the Pyramid.

13 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

Saw her at the O2 last month. Was absolutely sublime. I think the show really suits a night time slot so WH would make sense. A. huge percentage of the audience were Spanish too so I've no idea of her crossover appeal to mainstream British audiences.

I think probably more crossover than Bad Bunny. 

17 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Personally I think the main issue with her playing on the WH is that her production seems pretty massive. She'd probably want to play a stage that can cater for those needs better.

She managed to squeeze into JP a few years back (and was superb)

24 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Trying to work out where I fit in but apparently I did read over 100 Guardian articles last year 😂

I have Spanish friends who told me about her. Given the popularity of Spain as a holiday destination for the Brits, maybe that's something? Or are holidaying Brits in Spain not that much into the local culture? Who am I to judge or imply anything? 

14 minutes ago, moogster said:

I have Spanish friends who told me about her. Given the popularity of Spain as a holiday destination for the Brits, maybe that's something? Or are holidaying Brits in Spain not that much into the local culture? Who am I to judge or imply anything? 

Most British holidaymakers who go to Spain go to parts of Spain that are basically England in the sun so I don't think they are hearing her on holiday. I think she's just more critically acclaimed and the music is great.