Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

scrap baby again to be honest. do not get that song it was hyped for months but its honestly awful

god just seen that was with an extra 15 minutes too

Yeah, I’d probably agree that I’d lose that one. 

2 hours ago, rwoo said:

I love Lights Out but hard to drop anything else from that setlist. Party time 

Drop rumble for me... Not my favourite.... Although to be fair, it is very different to the rest of his catalogue, and has a lot of people who do like it, so probably best it stays, especially if PHM isn't happening. 

9 hours ago, rwoo said:

I love Lights Out but hard to drop anything else from that setlist. Party time 

Would drop the FO cover tbh. 

Lights Out is top tier!

7 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Dont think this is fully accurate, as this is a video of Angie/Clara which isn't on this setlist 

Ah there’s hope then! 

7 hours ago, gfa said:

scrap baby again to be honest. do not get that song it was hyped for months but its honestly awful

god just seen that was with an extra 15 minutes too

Yeah it’s pretty average compared to some of his others. 

HAAI has played it out in some of her sets but pitched up by 20BPM. Sounds much better tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone here see his set at Parklife? I'm genuinely not too fussed about seeing him compared to young fathers but my mates are all gonna go so will tag anyway. Just dont see him being too exciting live, like his boiler room set was a dj set not a live set as he'll be doing so at glasto sooo.. sunset will make it better at least. Just wanna gage how good the live show is?

19 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

Did anyone here see his set at Parklife? I'm genuinely not too fussed about seeing him compared to young fathers but my mates are all gonna go so will tag anyway. Just dont see him being too exciting live, like his boiler room set was a dj set not a live set as he'll be doing so at glasto sooo.. sunset will make it better at least. Just wanna gage how good the live show is?

Didn’t play Lights Out again. Would be a huge omission from his set if he doesn’t play it at Glasto! 

On 6/3/2023 at 10:44 PM, Vulpes vulpes said:

Shouldn’t Fred be headling? Seems when wiz kid comes on there will be a lot leaving for the se corner?

Apparently Fred turned down swapping

28 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

It will basically be the same as the boiler room set just with his newer singles thrown in and live show features like screens etc. All his own songs just like Boiler Room set.

38 minutes ago, gfa said:

Apparently Fred turned down swapping

It will basically be the same as the boiler room set just with his newer singles thrown in and live show features like screens etc. All his own songs just like Boiler Room set.

Disagree. I saw him at Brixton in December and it’s definitely far more akin to a live show from a flow perspective. I actually didn’t really rate him at Brixton at all. Definitely wasn’t like his boiler room where he played other artists like Overmono and Skrillex. 

Edited by gordong
  • Like 1

I find Fred's music relatable when it's about how lockdown is actually emotionally taxing, depressing and can be damaging to your mental health. Especially compared to some of the posts on here from the time telling everyone to "calm down, just go into the garden with your family! It's just a few weeks more!" when I was stuck in a tiny flat.

53 minutes ago, gordong said:

Disagree. I saw him at Brixton in December and it’s definitely far more akin to a live show from a flow perspective. I actually didn’t really rate him at Brixton at all. Definitely wasn’t like his boiler room where he played other artists like Overmono and Skrillex. 

Sorry i forgot he did play some other artists although it was still 20/24 songs his own stuff and all 4 songs that weren't his own were in a row ... hardly like most dj sets where you get 3-4 own songs in the space space of time

14 hours ago, gordong said:

Brixton was good, but agreed that it was much different vibe than Boiler Room, or his All Points East set which was hectic. I think that given Mike Skinner, Romy, Flowdan, even the Blessed Madonna are all on site that there's a good chance we see a few guest appearance (maybe not all) which will elevate this show over his Brixton show.

Edited by themunn

28 minutes ago, themunn said:

Brixton was good, but agreed that it was much different vibe than Boiler Room, or his All Points East set which was hectic. I think that given Mike Skinner, Romy, Flowdan, even the Blessed Madonna are all on site that there's a good chance we see a few guest appearance (maybe not all) which will elevate this show over his Brixton show.

Without wanting sounding too repetitive. My hunch is that he doesn’t bring anyone out during his set.. but turns up to play B2B with likes of Romy, BM, Haai, I.Jordan, Joy Anonymous etc once at the very least.

9 hours ago, DavoTheWorthy said:

It’s going to be a “live” set surely; absolutely here for him playing Overmono though.

Unpopular opinion maybe but Skrillex is Sh*t.

Skrillex is sh*t.

9 hours ago, Jose Pose said:

I don’t think you can compare him on some pioneers in a dingy club in his boiler room set, to a full on stage show with lights etc. completely different things.  

I don’t have a link to hand, but there are so-called ‘live shows’ which are him with a laptop. They’re shite. 

Edited by kalifire

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I don’t have a link to hand, but there are so-called ‘live shows’ which are him with a laptop. They’re shite. 

But I suspect given he specifically requested the sunset slot instead of headline status and the fact he knows it will be shown on the BBC, this won’t be one of the those. He’s clearly fully aware of the exposure of this slot.

Just watched some of his set from Primavera Sound Porto and it looks ace.

The pendulum between Fred vs Young Fathers vs Camelphat has swung back to Fred... 

Think after Folamour, gonna grab a bite to eat and then take up a decent spot at the Other stage. Predicting it's gonna be busy already, even before all the Churnupers come round.