Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

Gotta remember theres 3 of them selling 20k, thats only 6k each. Skrillex in the USA will be putting in serious numbers. Not denying they are big but I still think WH is fine for Fred alone. The arcadia set would be mental but theres clearly significant crowd overlap.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Its that cap because its 360 in the round. If it was end stage with standing its only 13,500. 

and since when did american popularity matter now....

Fred Again is bigger here than in NYC, so if he is doing that then we can draw conclusions on what might happen here.

Your much loved Bad Bunny on the other hand, is not!

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

He’s a bigger deal currently than a few other Other headliners have been at the time of them playing. Good enough is obviously subjective. 

Yeah totally agree my cup of tea is someone else's champagne and vice versa, what will be will be I suppose. 

If he had a few more tunes like "Jungle" I could be more at peace with it lol 

Saw a Twitter thread yesterday saying that yer man Fred Again tried to get out of paying some strippers by offering to give them some exposure on his Instagram. Heard some other rumours just in general by a couple of ITK people that he is a bit of a prick in general. 

14 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Saw a Twitter thread yesterday saying that yer man Fred Again tried to get out of paying some strippers by offering to give them some exposure on his Instagram. Heard some other rumours just in general by a couple of ITK people that he is a bit of a prick in general. 

was potentially bullshit i've heard and a kneejerk reaction to the hype while he was in that city around shows etc. source of the rumour is a meme page

Edited by gfa

10 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Skrillexb2bFredb2bfourtet have to be nailed for one of the prime arcadia spots don't they? I reckon this in addition to Fred headlining west holts personally.

they near enough self confirmed it at one of their b2b2b shows

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Skrillexb2bFredb2bfourtet have to be nailed for one of the prime arcadia spots don't they? I reckon this in addition to Fred headlining west holts personally.

Skrillex/Fred/Four Tet on Arcadia one night during headliner time, Fred headlining Other another night I reckon. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Love him or loathe him, one things for sure is that his marketing/PR team need a rise as the amount of hype around him is kinda crazy 

I can't remember anything like it tbh. Talk of him headlining Other is also out of this world if true. 

Edited by Freddyflintstonree

11 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Love him or loathe him, one things for sure is that his marketing/PR team need a rise as the amount of hype around him is kinda crazy 

The "lads on tour" thing they've been doing is one of the most perfect bits of marketing for all of them, however organic or cynical it really is. Weaponising social media, people's FOMO, exclusivity, online hype, meme moments, etc etc. Plenty of other artists will be looking at this as a model in future.

The hype around Fred himself is totally deranged and unsustainable, but this loose collab/collective thing is such a smart choice for all of them.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ironmike8 said:

The guy is 3 albums in, is headlining the Other stage that insane a thought? 

Billie headlined the pyramid off 2, as did ??stormzy??

so no definitely not

the thing is his albums are fairly filler, all of the big big tunes are just standalone singles

definitely will be in a big slot regardless

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

People on another site are saying he's sub-headlining The Other stage, rather than headlining 

Can picture a few potential reasons: 

- He was booked for this slot (or lower) but there is no room to bump him up further as they’ve already committed to other acts headlining 

- Management may want to avoid a clash with a headliner (Elton?) and capture a bigger crowd from the lower slot