2023 ticket competitions

Leyrulion

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

It’ll feel incredible to see your design on people too! 

Honestly, I think that's the most exciting bit of it! I can't quite believe people will be wearing it! Wild!

28 minutes ago, naivetyplay said:

Thank you! I'm honestly pinching myself, because there were some absolutely fantastic designs that didn't even get through to the final five but which I think should have. 

Deserving winner. I actually feel proper chuffed for you. The excitement must be unreal 🥳

Just now, Lucy92 said:

Feel the same, so chuffed for someone I’ve never met haha! 

Exactly... No idea who they are, but I just said to myself it's better than it going to some random 🤣 feels like we get to share the joy a little I guess. Sorry you were lucky yourself

Just now, jomilky said:

Deserving winner. I actually feel proper chuffed for you. The excitement must be unreal 🥳

I thought the other designs were fantastic - the HOPE design in particular - so I was genuinely just made up to to even get into the top 5, especially considering some of the others I'd seen on Twitter that didn't make it.  So when they called I couldn't stop shaking! A level of excitement I don't think I'll ever forget.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, naivetyplay said:

I thought the other designs were fantastic - the HOPE design in particular - so I was genuinely just made up to to even get into the top 5, especially considering some of the others I'd seen on Twitter that didn't make it.  So when they called I couldn't stop shaking! A level of excitement I don't think I'll ever forget.

I am buzzing for you. To be able to see your tattoo on thousands of people. Awesome. 

2 hours ago, naivetyplay said:

I can; it was the one which won 😀 I actually still can't quite believe it! I'm ecstatic about winning the tickets (this would have been the first Glastonbury I'd missed since 2004), but I'm even more excited about seeing people wearing a design that I spent a long time on as a temporary tattoo! 

It's just a shame that they all couldn't win because I thought they were all great in different ways.

Massive congratulations 🥳🥳

3 hours ago, naivetyplay said:

I can; it was the one which won 😀 I actually still can't quite believe it! I'm ecstatic about winning the tickets (this would have been the first Glastonbury I'd missed since 2004), but I'm even more excited about seeing people wearing a design that I spent a long time on as a temporary tattoo! 

It's just a shame that they all couldn't win because I thought they were all great in different ways.

Having thousands of people wear your design - well, it'll  be totally cosmic to see in person, I'd say.

Congratulations. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, naivetyplay said:

I’m a bit pissed at this point and forgot which one was yours ? 

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If anybody’s listening to Radio 2 + 1 today and tomorrow could you post about what their competitions entail. In work so can’t listen unfortunately.

Radio 2: when they play Elton John call 0800288291. Answer a qualifying question and tell them why you should win the tickets. Lines open for 30 mins. The producers pick the best two they go head to head on air to answer questions. Winner gets the tickets. Best of luck anyone who is going for it!

Edited by mickthevoice

7 minutes ago, mickthevoice said:

Radio 2: when they play Elton John call 0800288291. Answer a qualifying question and tell them why you should win the tickets. Lines open for 30 mins. The producers pick the best two they go head to head on air to answer questions. Winner gets the tickets. Best of luck anyone who is going for it!

Well that’s me out! Oh well, not to be I suppose.

56 minutes ago, mickthevoice said:

I always find these a bit odd, like calling and answering the questions isn't enough you then have to prove yourself, or basically beg live on radio for them!

I thought in the T&Cs posted earlier it said you had to text in an answer and they'd call the winner?  Calling in to make a desperate plea followed by a head to head battle live on air is my idea of a nightmare - not even Glastonbury is worth that!

Edited by Lubic

11 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I always find these a bit odd, like calling and answering the questions isn't enough you then have to prove yourself, or basically beg live on radio for them!

Yeah totally agree. I was lucky enough to win tickets on Radio 1 back in 1999. It was literally the week before. All you needed to do was be the first person to call in and Steve Lamacq read my name out. Tickets in the post 2 days later. None of this begging live on air. 

After the hell of 97 and 98 I wasn’t gonna bother going back again. Luckily 99 was wall to wall sunshine and a top weekend. Reignited my love for the place and still loving it!

10 minutes ago, Blank Expression said:

Anyone managed to get through yet?

Nope. I’ve rang and listened to that personal data message on two phones over 70 times now. Feels like madness is setting in 😂

Was calling on both my work and personal phone. Got the dialling tone loads of times but no answer 😞

I was going to listen to the competition on air but no point torturing myself further and putting up with Michael Buble so back to 6music now. 

Edited by Chip Batch