Best Kept Secret 2023

clasher

3 hours ago, clasher said:

Couldn't find the 2023 topic for this little gem of a festival.

Majority of the lineup coming in January - according to their instagram.

I've been checking their pages every day and started to worry they wouldn't go ahead.

Then the good news came today.

Probably, due to Primavera Madrid, their lineup will be a lot different from Primavera one... And so they had to work hard to complete a good program. Let's wait.

17 hours ago, gigi21 said:

I've been checking their pages every day and started to worry they wouldn't go ahead.

Then the good news came today.

Probably, due to Primavera Madrid, their lineup will be a lot different from Primavera one... And so they had to work hard to complete a good program. Let's wait.

Primavera Madrid AND Porto, doesn't leave a lot of overlap margin.

Blur might be available on the Sunday

I still expect some overlap since the profile of the festival is so similar to Primavera, but Madrid certainly makes things harder for them. There's space for one of the Prima headliners on the 11th I suppose (Kendrick could do it with no consecutive dates for example) and there's some tasty stuff in the undercard, especially those that are exclusives (Mars Volta would be a huge coup, and there are the likes of Ghost and TWOD too). Fred again must be a possibility as well.

This is all just guessing based on looking at the Prima posters. We'll se soon enough.

2 hours ago, clasher said:

I still expect some overlap since the profile of the festival is so similar to Primavera, but Madrid certainly makes things harder for them. There's space for one of the Prima headliners on the 11th I suppose (Kendrick could do it with no consecutive dates for example) and there's some tasty stuff in the undercard, especially those that are exclusives (Mars Volta would be a huge coup, and there are the likes of Ghost and TWOD too). Fred again must be a possibility as well.

This is all just guessing based on looking at the Prima posters. We'll se soon enough.

KL is at Rolling Loud so is ruled out. 

Blur look like they'll be at this or Lowlands out of the Dutch festivals. Think BKS might have to be clever with their bookings and think a bit outside of the box given PS Madrid and Porto cuts down their options. Can see them booking a dance headliner personally and maybe a co-headliner for one of the nights?

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Blur look like they'll be at this or Lowlands out of the Dutch festivals.

I hope they 'll be at this one in which case I'm buying tickets instantly (undecided at this point). But looking at the Primavera(s) dates, seems highly unlikely. 

Sigur Ros have good chances for a high spot I think. And considering the luck of big names this year I wouldn't be surprised if Editors are there but that will not excite many. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mln said:

they were supposed to relase the line-up 'in the course of January', right? Something must have happened behind the scenes.

Yes, they said that a lot of times... Then, ten days of silence and finally today this.

There have been speculations on Festileaks forum about contracts matters, in particular regarding Frank Ocean, but I honestly don't know how reliable they are.

On 12/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, DDave said:

KL is at Rolling Loud so is ruled out. 

Blur look like they'll be at this or Lowlands out of the Dutch festivals. Think BKS might have to be clever with their bookings and think a bit outside of the box given PS Madrid and Porto cuts down their options. Can see them booking a dance headliner personally and maybe a co-headliner for one of the nights?

Blur in Japan when Lowlands is happening, so BKS could be the dutch date of Blur. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, moogster said:

Yeah agree. I live very  close so may go one day if enough of the undercard i'm interested in ends up on same day

Was looking at this as an option. Thought it would be the Chems and Blur which would have been great. They've gone from Nick Cave and The Strokes to The 1975 and OATW in a year. Disappointing 

The website is truly awful as well. 

Edited by DDave

Good to see BCNR finally making good on their booking for the 2020 cancelled festival.

Personally I'm quite happy that the headliners are shit compared to last year as I'd far rather be in the tents than by the Main Stage, but maybe that's just me.

Elsewhere, not great but not too bad. Nice that The Comet is Coming,  Crack Cloud, Psychedelic "Prn" Crumpets and Personal Trainer are on the bill, plus there are plenty of unknown (to me) names to discover... I'm pretty confident there'll be a solid undercard hidden in there - there always is.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Was looking at this as an option. Thought it would be the Chems and Blur which would have been great. They've gone from Nick Cave and The Strokes to The 1975 and OATW in a year. Disappointing 

Same here. The location is great and I was hoping that this would be my chance to see blur at a festival this summer. I will keep an eye on the next announcements but it's not as tempting with the current lineup as most of the names (that I know of) I will see elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey folks, really interested in going to this festival but lineup isn't blowing me away at the moment! Are we expecting any more major additions to the lineup or is this pretty much it?

36 minutes ago, Amsy said:

Hey folks, really interested in going to this festival but lineup isn't blowing me away at the moment! Are we expecting any more major additions to the lineup or is this pretty much it?

I wouldn't expect many more major additions. This festival is basically a "baby Primavera", with the strength and depth of the undercard as the main selling point, rather than a top-heavy poster. The setting and atmosphere are amazing though, so if you manage to find some gems in the fine print of the lineup I'd certainly recommend still going.

• 2 months later...

hi folks, I've just deceived to come to Best Kept Secret on a bit of a whim, swayed by the prospect of seeing both Aphex and the Chems at a festival in another country. It'll be my first overseas festival, I'll travelling alone but meeting up with a friend out there. I've had a quick look through the older threads but any hints and tips for going or things I should know?  I'm trying to work out if I can get away with just a carry-on bag for the flight, is it chilly at night when camping there?