Best Kept Secret 2023

clasher

On 6/2/2023 at 1:07 PM, onionterror said:

hi folks, I've just deceived to come to Best Kept Secret on a bit of a whim, swayed by the prospect of seeing both Aphex and the Chems at a festival in another country. It'll be my first overseas festival, I'll travelling alone but meeting up with a friend out there. I've had a quick look through the older threads but any hints and tips for going or things I should know?  I'm trying to work out if I can get away with just a carry-on bag for the flight, is it chilly at night when camping there?

It can get pretty chilly at night, but the forecasts are great, so wouldn't worry too much about it this year. Just do the Michelin guy on the plane and wear a hoodie and jacket.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 3:34 PM, clasher said:

I wouldn't expect many more major additions. This festival is basically a "baby Primavera", with the strength and depth of the undercard as the main selling point, rather than a top-heavy poster. The setting and atmosphere are amazing though, so if you manage to find some gems in the fine print of the lineup I'd certainly recommend still going.

Hey mate, ended up going to Best Kept Secret on your recommendation and had a great time! Just as you said, the atmosphere and setting were amazing! I discovered a fair few bands that I hadn't heard of and the sound on each of the stages was great.  There were also loads of great food choices and we also went for a posh meal at the Lodge.Also spent a fair bit of time on beach parts of the festival and had a swim. Its a great alternative to the usual festival.

Edited by Amsy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Amsy said:

Hey mate, ended up going to Best Kept Secret on your recommendation and had a great time! Just as you said, the atmosphere and setting were amazing! I discovered a fair few bands that I hadn't heard of and the sound on each of the stages was great.  There were also loads of great food choices and we also went for a posh meal at the Lodge.Also spent a fair bit of time on beach parts of the festival and had a swim. Its a great alternative to the usual festival.

Amazing, love to hear that! It really is a great little festival.

• Thanks 1