The 2023 food stall thread!

Franky

17 hours ago, spg said:

I haven't I'm afraid. Lalita's is purely vegan and do great dosa etc. They also still did the "meal for a fiver" last year, which was a curry n rice. So good value 

Dosa Deli is vegetarian, their onion bhajis and Dosa wraps are divine! I will have to do a comparison this year!

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are there two dosa places in WG? The big one as you come in from WH isn't vegan, or at least it didn't used to be - I've had a paneer dosa from it.

My bad, I hadn't realised they did paneer. I have amended my post to state they are vegetarian. 

39 minutes ago, Jack Leach said:

I recently had the pleasure of trying the Goody Chicken Quesadilla at a food stall in my hometown. Let me tell you, it was absolutely delicious! The combination of tender chicken, melted cheese, and crispy tortilla was simply mouth-watering.

An advert so good, it's almost as if you are affiliated with them!

I'm hoping the quality is back this year as almost everything I had last year was disappointing, from either a portion size, quality or taste perspective (typically all three).

I put it down to Covid but I imagine the inflation and cost of living crisis won't fix it.

On 3/10/2023 at 1:18 PM, Isaact said:

I'm hoping the quality is back this year as almost everything I had last year was disappointing, from either a portion size, quality or taste perspective (typically all three).

I put it down to Covid but I imagine the inflation and cost of living crisis won't fix it.

2022 was definitely the year when "Loaded Fries" became the dominant foodstuff of the festival.

Anyone know the name of the stall which sells massive arancini balls?? I seem to remember it being somewhere between the greenpeace and green futures in the path but don't quote me on that! I've just remembered it -- one of my favourite things I ate last year!

16 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Anyone know the name of the stall which sells massive arancini balls?? I seem to remember it being somewhere between the greenpeace and green futures in the path but don't quote me on that! I've just remembered it -- one of my favourite things I ate last year!

No. But I’m massively on board for this. (Drools)

• Like 1