Birthday at Glasto

metty22

Hi All. Long time lurker since my first Glasto way back.

Managed to get tickets and my partners 40th falls on the Wednesday.

Although it's my 10 festival never had any mates birthday fall on the festival so looking for any recommendations or to hear anything anyone has done to celebrate a big birthday.

Thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, metty22 said:

Hi All. Long time lurker since my first Glasto way back.

Managed to get tickets and my partners 40th falls on the Wednesday.

Although it's my 10 festival never had any mates birthday fall on the festival so looking for any recommendations or to hear anything anyone has done to celebrate a big birthday.

Thanks in advance

i had my 40th there in 2016 ... brexit happened bit of a downer that . getting randoms to sing happy birthday is quite a buzz for recipient .... I had that before baggy mondays one year .. I believe you might be able to buy birthday cakes from the bakery onsite ... might need to preorder . and fancy dress and a massive birthday badge are musts 

Some bars sell bottles of prosecco - i turned 21 on the monday this year. we couldn't find the bottles at 1am believe it or not 😂 had a shot though of prosecco! I think i need to wait till like 2025 before my birthday next falls on glasto weekend but then i get a few in a row!

I've been lucky to celebrate every birthday since 85 there, of which from a quick count eighteen of them specifically occurred on the festival days. 

For me it varies -

On my thirtieth I shared it with another pal and we set off a bag of rockets (clearly we'd get thrown out today, but back then stewards congratulated us and just told us to take care - I was pie eyed) 

Many times I've just enjoyed pals being there and enjoying the fest - it feels like you're having a big party anyway

Deluxe Diner is nice if you fancy a sit down and some posh grub and drink

Glasto Latino is one of many places doing lovely cocktails 

Obviously can't take bottles of fizzy, but several places sell it by the glass

Is there anything that's usually open on Wednesday that's up their street? - great night for a boozy singalong for example

We've got a few mates who have birthdays which fall during the festival.

Singing Happy Birthday to them in places with lots of people always gets loads of randoms joining in.

Did it once on The Park hill, and another in 2008/9 before Kesha on the Thursday. We hoisted her on our shoulders and by the end of the song had hundreds of people joining in.

Was a vibe tbh.

Always my birthday at Glasto (I'm 24th June so Saturday this year woop!)

You can order a birthday cake from Deluxe Diner. And the theatre and circus fields have a birthday party every day for everyone who has a birthday while they are there 🤣 (set opening times and didn't do it last year but it's there)

I was basically born to be at Glasto 💁🏼‍♀️

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I started talking to a women in 2004 , she had a tiny baby in a sling around her. turns out she had the baby the day before. went into labour on site then went to hospital. Had the baby and came back with the baby.

that babies birthday will be glasto every year. they will be 18 now. I wonder if they come?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I started talking to a women in 2004 , she had a tiny baby in a sling around her. turns out she had the baby the day before. went into labour on site then went to hospital. Had the baby and came back with the baby.

that babies birthday will be glasto every year. they will be 18 now. I wonder if they come?

Thats questionable behaviour to say the least

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

From what I've heard it gets booked up very early. Guess you can book pre festival

Yes you can, follow their facebook page and they advertise when booking it open, there's a few sittings a day, and from memory you preorder food, you need to book quickly but if you;re onto it you should be ok 

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Deluxe diner for a one off sit down meal, with real cutlery 🙂 If its the wednesday you won;t miss too much and its a nice one off treat 

Later in the festival you miss more - but appreciate the good food with cutlery more! Deluxe Diner equilibrium must be found

5 hours ago, shuttlep said:

Some people just bounce back I guess... the state I was in after having my two that would NOT be the case for me. Not my cup of tea but each to their own. One way to build up immunity

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Some people just bounce back I guess... the state I was in after having my two that would NOT be the case for me. Not my cup of tea but each to their own. One way to build up immunity

I'm guessing she was a "traveller/off-grid living type", they're a different breed and such behavour is normal in that world.

8 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Always my birthday at Glasto (I'm 24th June so Saturday this year woop!)

You can order a birthday cake from Deluxe Diner. And the theatre and circus fields have a birthday party every day for everyone who has a birthday while they are there 🤣 (set opening times and didn't do it last year but it's there)

I was basically born to be at Glasto 💁🏼‍♀️

I'm 24th too, as above every one since 85 so I feel very lucky. 

Never done the T&C thing though  🤔

On 11/17/2022 at 8:20 PM, Skip997 said:

I'm guessing she was a "traveller/off-grid living type", they're a different breed and such behavour is normal in that world.

My elder daughter went to her first festival at 4 days old, The Forest Fayre. 

On day 10 we blocked the M5 North bound attempting to have Castlemorton 2.0 and I got arrested. 

Edited by Sawdusty surfer
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

My elder daughter went to her first festival at 4 days old, The Forest Fayre. 

On day 10 we blocked the M5 North bound attempting to have Castlemorton 2.0 and I got arrested. 

I remember the Forest Fayre, great little festival. Seem to remember the final one was a washout though.

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I remember the Forest Fayre, great little festival. Seem to remember the final one was a washout though.

It was. We had an army marquee called The Ska Bar, only one genre of music was played.... 

Brought loads of red wine from France to sell. Weather was so foul we sold most of it as mulled wine. 

Ace event. 

June 22 here 

had quite a few bithdays on site including my 30th in 2011, and this past year my 41st.  2023 ill be turning 42 on the Thursday. 

I second the deluxe diner recommendation.  We did that for the first time this year and loved it. On my 30th we went up to the stone circle and watched the sunrise.