Stadium Ticket Pricing

stanh

Absolute insanity.  I'm a huge music fan, but (a) stadiums are shite venues for live music anyway, (b) no act on the planet is worth shelling out north of £100 to see and (c) you'll end up paying £10 for a pint of watered down piss and £20 for a f**king hot dog so will likely go though another £100 at least whilst trapped in there.  I really don't understand why people do it.  You could spend that amount of money taking a chance on 5-6 small gigs in your home town with bands you don't know, have a much more enjoyable experience and maybe discover your new favourite band.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Absolute insanity.  I'm a huge music fan, but (a) stadiums are shite venues for live music anyway, (b) no act on the planet is worth shelling out north of £100 to see and (c) you'll end up paying £10 for a pint of watered down piss and £20 for a f**king hot dog so will likely go though another £100 at least whilst trapped in there.  I really don't understand why people do it.  You could spend that amount of money taking a chance on 5-6 small gigs in your home town with bands you don't know, have a much more enjoyable experience and maybe discover your new favourite band.  

Very true indeed

37 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Very true indeed

I'd normally very much agree (Wembley is utter pants tbh...) although the best sound and acoustics I've ever heard was at Berlin Olympic Stadium for Roger Waters doing "The Wall" back in Sept 2013.  Granted it was a crystal clear still evening and we were centre pitch seated but the sound overall was something very very special.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

I'd normally very much agree (Wembley is utter pants tbh...) although the best sound and acoustics I've ever heard was at Berlin Olympic Stadium for Roger Waters doing "The Wall" back in Sept 2013.  Granted it was a crystal clear still evening and we were centre pitch seated but the sound overall was something very very special.

Didn't he have a reputation for being very specific about the audio set up for that tour? 

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Saw that tour at Wembley Stadium, halfway back in the top half of the lower bowl, sound was fantastic, which was a surprise to me. I'd seen Bruce there earlier in the summer, and sound was only good once we got as far forward as the back rail to the pit. His sound crew must have taken an age to get everything set up and just right. 

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

AC/DC ticket went up to 400 euro for the Irish date. Dynamic pricing is here!

Thought dynamic pricing wasn't allowed in Ireland? 

They didn't even think to remove the Front Pitch Standing option from within what they list as "Full Price Tickets" when you click to choose by area, so it's obvious to all what they originally cost. 

14 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Thought dynamic pricing wasn't allowed in Ireland? 

Is now it seems. I (and 1000s of others) got tickets in the residents presale the day before as someone leaked the link.

And the promoter had a hissy fit about breach of trust and the like. 

Croke Park residents accused of 'breach of trust' by stadium bosses after leaking ACDC pre-sale ticket link

lol. The stupid c**ts.

24 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Is now it seems. I (and 1000s of others) got tickets in the residents presale the day before as someone leaked the link.

Croke Park residents accused of 'breach of trust' by stadium bosses after leaking ACDC pre-sale ticket link

lol. The stupid c**ts.

It's 2024.

How are they not individualising the links?

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

lol. The stupid c**ts.

I nearly bit on that, but figured they'd have a restriction on addresses and it'd get cancelled. 
Damn. 

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Didn't he have a reputation for being very specific about the audio set up for that tour? 

I think he's pretty particular whenever he plays tbh.  I still remember the quad sound he brought to the farm in 2002 as being top notch,  and that's 22 years ago now 👌 😯

5 hours ago, Dark Star said:

Saw that tour at Wembley Stadium, halfway back in the top half of the lower bowl, sound was fantastic, which was a surprise to me. I'd seen Bruce there earlier in the summer, and sound was only good once we got as far forward as the back rail to the pit. His sound crew must have taken an age to get everything set up and just right. 

I was at that Bruce gig too....15th June.....we had pitch tickets but started off sat at the back in lower tier free seats.  The sound back there was so bad we ended up moving at least halfway up the pitch before even the volume was sufficient.  I've not been back since so I'm a bit concerned we've got AC/DC and Taylor Swift there this year.

Playing all of "Darkness...." plus the acoustic "Thunder Road" to close made up for it though 🙂

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I was at that Bruce gig too....15th June.....we had pitch tickets but started off sat at the back in lower tier free seats.  The sound back there was so bad we ended up moving at least halfway up the pitch before even the volume was sufficient.  I've not been back since so I'm a bit concerned we've got AC/DC and Taylor Swift there this year.

Playing all of "Darkness...." plus the acoustic "Thunder Road" to close made up for it though 🙂

I'm back there for Bruce (Sat) and AC/DC (Weds). Only doing the former because it's the last night of the tour, and, I suspect, the last ever E Street Band show in Europe. Really didn't like the stadium, these are the first tickets I've bought for a show there since. 

Edited by Dark Star

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

I think he's pretty particular whenever he plays tbh.  I still remember the quad sound he brought to the farm in 2002 as being top notch,  and that's 22 years ago now 👌 😯

Ah yes, I had a foggy recollection of that 😊

Grumpy this morning realising that the Pearl Jam £170 standing price wasn't an elaborate prank. Manchester isn't even a stadium ffs. 

Band's so incredibly out of touch if they think this is what "normal fans" (their words talking about a ballot system) can afford, they're on my shitlist. 

1611922932_Screenshot2024-02-23at10_52_35.thumb.png.b0213e9a991bc958b7da7fc9df965477.png

Genuinely couldn't believe these prices. I'm paying about that for 3 days at NOS Alive to see them there.

I couldn't find any £125 seats. The £157.50 being offered were at the back of 505, really high up and miles away from the stage.

People seem to be buying them though. Front standing has already sold out.

At £125 for the cheapest seats, surely this has got to be the most expensive stadium show ever in the UK?

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Grumpy this morning realising that the Pearl Jam £170 standing price wasn't an elaborate prank. Manchester isn't even a stadium ffs. 

Band's so incredibly out of touch if they think this is what "normal fans" (their words talking about a ballot system) can afford, they're on my shitlist. 

As someone vaguely out the loop, didn't Pearl Jam make a huge song and dance in the 90s about taking on Ticketmaster? Only to now charge the same prices and curtail to them in the same way as everyone else. 

Or am I thinking of a different act?

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

As someone vaguely out the loop, didn't Pearl Jam make a huge song and dance in the 90s about taking on Ticketmaster? Only to now charge the same prices and curtail to them in the same way as everyone else. 

No, you're right. They're turncoat c**ts. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

That was them. As well as now banging on about "giving normal fans access to tickets" via the ballot they're also proponents of "all in pricing", where what you see is what you pay... except apparently that didn't translate here, because Jenko's screenshots don't seem to include the added fees that take the tickets to £170.

Arseholes. 

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

That was them. As well as now banging on about "giving normal fans access to tickets" via the ballot they're also proponents of "all in pricing", where what you see is what you pay... except apparently that didn't translate here, because Jenko's screenshots don't seem to include the added fees that take the tickets to £170.

Arseholes. 

Plus an extra £10 each if you want a paper copy of the ticket.......

Looking at their official forums it seems like tickets aren't exactly flying. PJ doing a Manchester arena show should be an instant sellout but standing is still there after an hour, clearly lots of ballot winners put off at that price point. Barcelona hasn't moved at all. 

Best case scenario they scrap the entire thing and try again at sane prices. They're never selling out shows where nosebleeds cost £150.

On 2/19/2024 at 9:15 AM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Because they want to see mega-artists duh. Yes price wise smaller gigs are way better value in terms of the amount you can see but massive artists tend to play massive stadiums so you don't have a choice. Some people just really want to see Taylor Swift (myself included). Back standing was 110 quid, for a 3.5 hour set and paramore supporting. Really doesn't bother me at that price. It's possibly the only time I'll see her.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Because they want to see mega-artists duh. Yes price wise smaller gigs are way better value in terms of the amount you can see but massive artists tend to play massive stadiums so you don't have a choice. Some people just really want to see Taylor Swift (myself included). Back standing was 110 quid, for a 3.5 hour set and paramore supporting. Really doesn't bother me at that price. It's possibly the only time I'll see her.

Sure, but something's gone horribly, horribly wrong when I saw Beyoncé at Spurs 8 months ago for £105 standing and now f**king Pearl Jam are trying to charge me nearly a third more for an arena show. They're not Beyoncé. 

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Looking at their official forums it seems like tickets aren't exactly flying. PJ doing a Manchester arena show should be an instant sellout but standing is still there after an hour, clearly lots of ballot winners put off at that price point. Barcelona hasn't moved at all. 

Best case scenario they scrap the entire thing and try again at sane prices. They're never selling out shows where nosebleeds cost £150.

At £80-£100 loads of tickets would have been hoovered up by tout looking to sell for £150. PJ are essentially selling at touts prices straight from the off.

Not surprised about Barcelona tickets not shifting. You could essentially buy a day ticket at Mad Cool for not far off half the price.

7 minutes ago, jenko said:

At £80-£100 loads of tickets would have been hoovered up by tout looking to sell for £150. PJ are essentially selling at touts prices straight from the off.

They did a ballot though - touts can't hoover up in a ballot. Only problem was they massively overcharged even with a ballot.