Passing the time....

Bike_Like_A_Mum

Hi all,

Been to Glastonbury twice before but got the tickets in the resales both times. As you all know, it takes over your life and becomes all you can think about... I've only had a couple of months of this before. So after being so lucky and getting tickets yesterday, my question is... HOW ON EARTH AM I GOING TO COPE WITH 8 MONTHS OF GLASTOBATING!!! 🤣🤣

Tips for passing the time when you're beside yourself with excitement please...? How does one spread out their preparations in a typical glasto cycle?

#firstworldproblems

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

How does one spread out their preparations in a typical glasto cycle?

Obsess on this forum for 8 months, in the following sequence....

who’s headlining

who’s playing

the weather

tents

footwear

food stalls

drinks and cherry bake well vodka

Best and quickest way in

Pablo Honey

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Hi all,

Been to Glastonbury twice before but got the tickets in the resales both times. As you all know, it takes over your life and becomes all you can think about... I've only had a couple of months of this before. So after being so lucky and getting tickets yesterday, my question is... HOW ON EARTH AM I GOING TO COPE WITH 8 MONTHS OF GLASTOBATING!!! 🤣🤣

Tips for passing the time when you're beside yourself with excitement please...? How does one spread out their preparations in a typical glasto cycle?

#firstworldproblems

Obsess over every single thing on The Thingy and off the back of that make endless predictions for when we’re getting our next announcement 😂

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com

Edited by DareToDibble

17 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Obsess on this forum for 8 months, in the following sequence....

who’s headlining

who’s playing

the weather

tents

footwear

food stalls

drinks and cherry bake well vodka

Best and quickest way in

Pablo Honey

I think the weather just runs in parallel alongside the whole thing 🤣

It’s so hard! I am allowing myself a little indulge now, in the post-ticket day glow, but soon I am going to try to force myself to stop looking / thinking about it for a while otherwise I will bore myself silly by spring. My husband loves the place too but even he rolls his eyes at me going on about it so much, and I have to bite my tongue and not mention things a lot 😂 - this forum helps! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Obsess over how long Emily pauses for in interviews at NME awards when being interviewed and use that to decipher who the three headliners MUST be.

🤣🤣 OK so have you noticed any patterns!! What's your verdict?

23 hours ago, Miathedog said:

It’s so hard! I am allowing myself a little indulge now, in the post-ticket day glow, but soon I am going to try to force myself to stop looking / thinking about it for a while otherwise I will bore myself silly by spring. My husband loves the place too but even he rolls his eyes at me going on about it so much, and I have to bite my tongue and not mention things a lot 😂 - this forum helps! 

Me too! All the time. Every day

• Like 1

Same, always picked up in the resale. This is crazy, don't know what to do with myself honestly. 

I think step 1 is going to be force myself to listen (& somehow maybe find a way to enjoy) the new Arctics album. If they're playing, my girlfriend is dead set on seeing them, as she never has before.

Just coming on here is a good outlet and if you have a couple of friends that you can chat about it with then hopefully you can avoid driving those who don't care about it completely insane. 

I also just find channelling it to listening to new music so that when the line up comes out you have more clashes than you can dream of is also good. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Same, always picked up in the resale. This is crazy, don't know what to do with myself honestly. 

I think step 1 is going to be force myself to listen (& somehow maybe find a way to enjoy) the new Arctics album. If they're playing, my girlfriend is dead set on seeing them, as she never has before.

🤣🤣 it's so true!

You can always go for a little solo wander. I met some amazing people on my lost meanderings this year. Couldn't tell you anyone's names but ended up spending hours with them 🤣

22 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

1 vlog  a night Is keeping me sane.

I binged about 6 already 🙈

I also watched the Netflix Woodstock Trainwreck documentary today. Made me hail Michael and Emily Eavis even more (if that's possible) for managing to strike that balance between security and freedom at Glasto. They really are geniuses! 💖🫶🏼🏼

21 minutes ago, k8yphillips said:

Read the 50th anniversary book if you can get hold of one.

watch lots and lots of vlogs and documentary’s on youtube -‘show down at Glastonbury’ is good one to watch on YouTube… from 1992 I think.!

Already got that, my friend bought it for my brithday (my birthday is 24th June so I had it to open while I was there this year 😊 and my birthday will be the saturday night in 2023 woop!!) It sits pride of place in my little hippy caravan but I could definitely read it again!

9 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Already got that, my friend bought it for my brithday (my birthday is 24th June so I had it to open while I was there this year 😊 and my birthday will be the saturday night in 2023 woop!!) It sits pride of place in my little hippy caravan but I could definitely read it again!

happy birthday then.... day after mine 🙂 

Edited by Crazyfool01

18 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Such a good read… helped me pass the time in the run up this year..! May have to get it out again 🤣

On 11/7/2022 at 9:09 AM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Hi all,

#firstworldproblems

Pffft 8 months is NOTHING

We got our first Glasto tickets in Oct 2019, and we all know what happened there!!!!

Try passing 32 months!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Was worth the wait though 🙂

Efesters were VERY successful in that resale weren't they? 🙂 

Yes it was and we were. 

I suppose we had time to get organised but every announcement and every time you heard people moaning about something when they had tickets and we didn't was horrendous. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes it was and we were. 

I suppose we had time to get organised but every announcement and every time you heard people moaning about something when they had tickets and we didn't was horrendous. 

Ahh yes the "At least you have f***ing tickets" feeling. 

I had a very miniature dose of that whilst sat on the holding page until 10:20 on Sunday. All I was seeing was people saying the payment screen had crashed several times before they'd managed to get tickets and none of us had even got off holding yet. I just kept thinking "it'd be nice to see a damn payment screen." 80 minutes isn't quite 29 months, but it was torturous still. 

All's well that ends well. 🙂 

17 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Ahh yes the "At least you have f***ing tickets" feeling. 

I had a very miniature dose of that whilst sat on the holding page until 10:20 on Sunday. All I was seeing was people saying the payment screen had crashed several times before they'd managed to get tickets and none of us had even got off holding yet. I just kept thinking "it'd be nice to see a damn payment screen." 80 minutes isn't quite 29 months, but it was torturous still. 

All's well that ends well. 🙂 

Yep thankfully we know it's worth it.