Too early to talk tents??

Dizzy2012

I’m so delighted to be able to do this but gutted for those who didn’t get tickets - especially the hard core lovers, I hope this ain’t insensitive but I’m too excited!

we brought our two kids this year for their first glasto and lucky enough to get tickets again.. to say they’re excited is an understatement!

we brought a 4 man vis a vis this year and it was just too small.. way too small. If it had thrown it down for a while I’m not sure how we’d have coped. 

we own a few tents and would love to be able to bring our icarus 500 (without additional awning). Weighs about 15-16kg I think. Has anyone any experience of trolleying similar into site? I’d hope to come down overnight Tuesday to arrive wed for openi mg next year and so park a little closer than Pink which we ended up in this year Thursday morning!!

many thanks 

Never too early to talk tents.

The answer is Fresh & Black. The answer is always Fresh & Black.

It depends how old your kids are I guess, but would they be old enough to split into an "adults" tent and a "kids" tent? It'd be easier to carry, cheaper, and a bit more flexible in the long term if that's an option.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

My much loved and well used Vango 300 has served me well, but it has seen its last festival. As the years have gone by, I’ve struggled more and more with the fact I can’t  stand up in it to dress/undress ( it’s 105cm high and I’m 182cm). Footage of me attempting to get into my sleeping bag after 5 nights this year would have been an internet sensation.

Following success this morning (still grinning) I will spend the next few months seeking out a taller tent for 2023.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

Question on the much heralded F&B's - are they comparatively heavier than others of the same size? Also does anything set them apart from other blackout style tents? 

Air versions heavier than polled mine is a quite hearty 12 kg air … that a 4 man though 

25 minutes ago, incident said:

Never too early to talk tents.

The answer is Fresh & Black. The answer is always Fresh & Black.

It depends how old your kids are I guess, but would they be old enough to split into an "adults" tent and a "kids" tent? It'd be easier to carry, cheaper, and a bit more flexible in the long term if that's an option.

Keep hearing about the fresh and black ones but kids will be 7&10 so not an option o don’t think…

they sound fab tho!

22 minutes ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

Question on the much heralded F&B's - are they comparatively heavier than others of the same size? Also does anything set them apart from other blackout style tents? 

It stays cooler (the fresh part). Significantly cooler may i add - means you can sleep longer.

Do it, you won't regret it !

1 hour ago, marathonsteve said:

The Last Hurrah for my tent was at End of the Road it survived Glastonbury, developed a tear at Greenman then…….

333E9E68-D32B-424D-A701-CB94612FE4F7.jpeg

3F61FDCC-A52B-4C14-8371-EE46E70335B1.jpeg

46696598-A0DA-48BD-9AD4-62A661162336.jpeg

I should have said that this tent served me well for over 25 festivals . I do a lot in a year !. Last year was exceptional with the hot weather so  I am happy to get another tent of the same brand

Edited by marathonsteve
Stupidity

19 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

I should have said that this tent served me well for over 25 festivals . I do a lot in a year !. Last year was exceptional with the hot weather so  I am happy to get another tent of the same brand

A fresh n black variant ... i hope!

Agree fresh and black are great but when you get into family sized ones the price does get ££££££

We bought a hi gear eclipse tent as a family tent from an ebay seller called Camping Resources who sell Go Outdoors returns. It had a minor fault and is great.  It has blackout bedrooms but doesn't have the reflective element that the fresh and black do.  

On 11/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, Dizzy2012 said:

I’m so delighted to be able to do this but gutted for those who didn’t get tickets - especially the hard core lovers, I hope this ain’t insensitive but I’m too excited!

we brought our two kids this year for their first glasto and lucky enough to get tickets again.. to say they’re excited is an understatement!

we brought a 4 man vis a vis this year and it was just too small.. way too small. If it had thrown it down for a while I’m not sure how we’d have coped. 

we own a few tents and would love to be able to bring our icarus 500 (without additional awning). Weighs about 15-16kg I think. Has anyone any experience of trolleying similar into site? I’d hope to come down overnight Tuesday to arrive wed for openi mg next year and so park a little closer than Pink which we ended up in this year Thursday morning!!

many thanks 

I have an Icarus 500 which i take to Glasto for just me and the misses, she has trouble if she is on her knees too much.  😬 its heavy compared to our 2 man vango but i have a good trolley with big wheels so easier to pull. also we do a second trip to the car after tent is up, i also have a 60L rucksack on while pulling it. we park in Ashcombe which is nearer and you can be through the gates in 15 mins. We had a horrendous 2016 with it though, an hour and a half through the mud from pink parking, nearly killed me, it was my first Glasto and i took too much stuff. So i still take the icarus but you need to limber up first at the car and take a few rest stops on the way. standing up in the tent is worth the effort.

If you are carrying a heavy load, a trolley with the biggest wheels possible, ideally inflatable wheels, will be easier  to navigate over the fields.

On the subject of F&B, they are the awesome! Being cool and in the dark on a sunny day when you have a hangover is the way to go. I've had a 2 man one for a few years and its better than all of the big brand ones.