Too early to talk tents??

Dizzy2012

On 11/13/2022 at 4:11 PM, RustyBee said:

We got ourselves one of these for the 2 of us: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/camping-tent-2-seconds-easy-3-p-fresh-black/_/R-p-313048?mc=8576110 

No way we'll be able to stand up in it, but as we're 180/190cm we're just happy it has space for us to lie down! Has a small outside flap, so should be able to leave boots there, if not actually sit there.

We gave it a test today. Very impressed. Take out and find the two umbrella like pull cords, pull and... pop! TENT! 

More impressive, pop the umbrella thingies, and fold up like umbrellas, all very gently and simple. Hold them together, roll up.. and it went back in the bag without any issue!

I was worried someone would think it was funny to collapse the tent. How obvious are the buttons to take it down?

2 hours ago, jonday81 said:

I was worried someone would think it was funny to collapse the tent. How obvious are the buttons to take it down?

Hmm didn't think about that. The buttons are on the top of the "umbrella" poles. They aren't obvious, but if someone knows about such tents, they could spot them and collapse things on us 😞

• Like 1

The risk of someone collapsing your tent is massively overinflated. Virtually any tent design can be brought down from the outside whilst you are in it, and yet it more or less never happens. It genuinely doesn't cross peoples' minds to even consider it. You are not in any more danger if you get a popup tent compared to a poled version, and the amount of danger you are in is effectively zero.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Coleman 3 person black out tent down to £160 as one of amazons Black Friday deals.

Quite spacious living area, reasonable height for this type of tent, relative to footprint.  Not tried this one so no idea how these blackout tents compare to fresh & black, but I have been happily using Coleman tents for many years so will give it a try.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Unisex-Chimney-Rock-Green/dp/B0798PXMJC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3PUNHK28MDF33&keywords=coleman+chimney+rock+3+plus+tent&qid=1669243450&sprefix=coleman+chimney%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-1

On 11/19/2022 at 8:58 PM, FrankieX said:

The risk of someone collapsing your tent is massively overinflated. Virtually any tent design can be brought down from the outside whilst you are in it, and yet it more or less never happens. It genuinely doesn't cross peoples' minds to even consider it. You are not in any more danger if you get a popup tent compared to a poled version, and the amount of danger you are in is effectively zero.

Tbh, I was worried about this when I was considering the inflatable ones! The air cap just looked like it would be too tempting! 

Noting the one mentioned above, which fresh & black tent would everyone recommend for a couple? 

Looking at the selection of 3 person tents, the prices vary from £64.99 up to £199.99 (the one above). WIll there be any significant drawbacks to the cheaper tents as opposed to those in the higher price bracket?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/c0-sports/c1-camping/c3-blackout-tents/_/N-1404orwZi04ph1?Ns=sku.modelLowestPrice|1||sku.activePrice|0||sku.availability|1

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Franky said:

Hey all, excuse the noob post but I am getting lots of different hits on Fresh and Black Tents, can anyone post me a link to the official Fresh and Black site? 

Many thanks and much appreciated.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/c0-sports/c1-camping/c3-blackout-tents/_/N-1404orw

I got my F&B tent at this time of year, the inflatable four man one - it was reduced from £400 to £180 i think, cos it was the end of the line and they were releasing a new version of it the next year. Absolute bargain, its four years old now and still in belting condition - end of line sales are wonderful things