Craft and (crap) beer at Glastonbury

BBC7BBCHEAVEN

On 6/13/2023 at 1:49 PM, balti-pie said:

14.8%! That’ll be like treacle! Is it barrel aged? I love a barrel aged imperial stout, and they are perfect for so many reasons at festivals; don’t need to be cold, can be carried around and won’t fizz up, you can deploy them at will just before a set starts and get a decent buzz by just having a good swig, and you’ll not need to head to the toilet so often like when on pints of standard 4% stuff. The choice of champions. 

strongest beer I’ve had was an 18.9% bourbon barrel aged macadamia nut stout from the US, can’t remember the brewer - had it at a beer festival a couple of years back, it was amazing. Sadly not canned though, cos I would defo import a couple of cans of that for stupid money, it was beautiful 

Yeah, it's from Revolution Brewing in Chicago - they have some of the team who left Goose Island when they were bought by AB InBev, so this is their equivalent of Bourbon County Stout.

I like to have at least one big barrel aged beer for after dark - like you said, strong enough to build a buzz quickly, no need for toilet trips, the sugar helps keep your energy up too. Along with the Deth Star there's some Barrel Aged Coconut Vanilla Speedway Stout from Alesmith (13.2%), VSO Gravedigger from Revolution (14.9%), then a couple of barley wines - Straight Jacket (15%) and A Deal With the Devil Double Oak from Anchorage (17%), which comes in a 483ml can with wax on the bottom for fun

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

they have Independence in Maceos

INDEPENDENCE - U.S PALE ALE | DDH

CITRA | MOSAIC | NUGGET
4.6% ABV

THE INFAMOUS BBF PALE ALE, THE BEST OF AMERICAN HOPS BUILT ON A SOLID MALT PLATFORM. DOUBLE DRY-HOPPED TO MAX-OUT THOSE U.S HOPS IN EVERY SIP. STAND INDEPENDENT

This is very good news indeed!

5 minutes ago, MJH6363 said:

So the Bristol Beer Factory offerings are crew only to confirm?

they were in 2022 - Tow and hitch had a couple on, and i think Broke Britain in Unfairground as well - but they do run out fairly quickly (sometimes before the festival even starts) and then get replaced by whatever the main site beers are

3 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

The main beer at the bars was Carlsberg last year, which is a massive stitch, considering how weak the percentage is. I only bought 1 pint all weekend, and that was because my mate dared me to chuck a whole pint into the crowd whilst walking past the stage Diana Ross was on. 

And still people maintain there are no twats at Glastonbury

41 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

The main beer at the bars was Carlsberg last year, which is a massive stitch, considering how weak the percentage is. I only bought 1 pint all weekend, and that was because my mate dared me to chuck a whole pint into the crowd whilst walking past the stage Diana Ross was on. 

I remember the first time I got drunk too.