Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

On 4/14/2023 at 2:13 PM, saintfletch said:

Afternoon all,

Not been here in a while as not been successful in the last couple of years and didn't try in the resale last time around. Booted off the payment page twice in the main sale so hoping the new system may work out for us next weekend.

Looking to join a stragglers group as it looks like I am a bit late for the main spreadsheets. We are a group of 4 so it would be good to hear from any other groups/individuals who would like to team up and help each other out.

On a positive note, I have been successful in the resale twice before so there is hope for everyone!!

Send me a DM, I've set up a Resale Group 5 for tickets! See above posts for what you need to send me!

or will 

14 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

First person/ reg entered  in will be lead booker … so it will be them that gets the email 

Or will they?

I seem to remember in previous sales you had all the way up to and including the end of the process to change the email address of the order... it would suggest the email of Persona #1 but you could overwrite it... no?

So as a booker (but not a ticket-attendee) I could put my own instead of #1's?

Is it true that only the lead booker can buy the tickets? I thought back to when I last went and it didn't matter who was the lead booker, everyone who had their reg details entered into the booking got an email and everyone could pay off their own ticket individually.

What happens if the lead booker just cancels the tickets? Surely as soon as the reg details are in the lead booker becomes almost irrelevant.

9 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is it true that only the lead booker can buy the tickets?

By definition, yes.

9 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I thought back to when I last went and it didn't matter who was the lead booker, everyone who had their reg details entered into the booking got an email and everyone could pay off their own ticket individually.

For balance payments, that's how it works - but for the initial deposit and past resales, to date it's always been the lead booker paying for the entire group of 1-6 as a single lump sum payment.

But how it works this time - as yet, we don't yet know because it's uncharted territory. Some people have asked See and been told it'll be a single payment for the entire group, but based on past experience I consider that answer worthless - I don't trust that See customer service either understand the question or know the correct answer as there's precedent for them failing in the past on both counts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In the resale the purchaser usually has to pay the full amount when they press the Buy button.

Different this year, so noone really knows.

Seetickets were asked the question about who pays earlier this week eg whether the lead booker gets the email and pays for them all, or whether each individual on the order gets a separate email and pays individually.

The answer received was.....

"If 4 tickets were booked on the same order then you would need to pay for them together".

Seems to *suggest* therefore there will be one email that goes to lead booker who then has to pay for all tickets on the order.  

9 minutes ago, incident said:

By definition, yes.

For balance payments, that's how it works - but for the initial deposit and past resales, to date it's always been the lead booker paying for the entire group of 1-6 as a single lump sum payment.

But how it works this time - as yet, we don't yet know because it's uncharted territory. Some people have asked See and been told it'll be a single payment for the entire group, but based on past experience I consider that answer worthless - I don't trust that See customer service either understand the question or know the correct answer as there's precedent for them failing in the past on both counts.

I see what you mean. They may be drawing on previous years experience and not got (or read) any new memo.

Looking forward to the website crashing in new and interesting ways next week. What's this, nearly 20 years in a row now under the SeeTickets umbrella?

1 minute ago, UEF said:

I see what you mean. They may be drawing on previous years experience and not got (or read) any new memo.

Tbh - my belief (and many many years ago I used to know people who worked at See, and it was definitely this way then) is that the customer facing staff rarely if ever have any information beyond what's already been released to the public, and have no sane route to ask the question internally.

So I always assume that any answer they give is their interpretation or best guess based on the same info we're seeing. So they may well be right, but they could equally be wrong and there's plenty examples of that in the recent past.

Also, I don't think any customer service person gives a toss really if the info they give out is wrong in the long term (whether intentional or not) because there's not going to be any culpability for them personally, it'll just be SeeTickets who gets criticised again as a whole.

But from the answers everyone has given here, it does seem the bookings will all have to be paid in one lump sum.

11 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Anybody know how long the resale has taken to sell out in previous years? I remember it being around 13 minutes in 2019.

I think with no payments being needed and the 5 min payment window not being used it will sell out in under 5 mins or less as theirs gonna be no banking fails 🤯

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Nah it’s gonna go wrong somehow 

haha yeah more likely the system will crash due to all the extra thousands of people trying now that theyve changed the payment requirements

Hey all, we're up to 9 on the 5th Glasto Resale list, so not a bad start after a day! A few people messaged me with interest but forgot to include registration details and if you're able to help out/want coach tickets for the Wed or Thurs.

Make sure you include:

- registration numbers

- postcodes

- which days you want to aim for coaches (Wed/Thurs)

- your top 3 departure locations

- a phone number so I can add you to the WhatsApp group

So far, so good! But the more people who we can join together, the better chance we all have! Any latecomers welcome!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Hey all, we're up to 9 on the 5th Glasto Resale list, so not a bad start after a day! A few people messaged me with interest but forgot to include registration details and if you're able to help out/want coach tickets for the Wed or Thurs.

Make sure you include:

- registration numbers

- postcodes

- which days you want to aim for coaches (Wed/Thurs)

- your top 3 departure locations

- a phone number so I can add you to the WhatsApp group

So far, so good! But the more people who we can join together, the better chance we all have! Any latecomers welcome!

Sent you DM. I'm not trying for coach tickets only general,  so I can try for someone else on the coach resale.