Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

I experienced GNR's Wichita Lineman at Download in '18. And their cover of Black Hole Sun.

Not as bad as you might imagine, but totally perfunctory. The real shame is there are so many originals they hardly ever play that I'd really love to hear:

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive 

Breakdown

Yesterdays

There Was A Time

Catcher In The Rye

Street of Dreams

And if they'd re-write the objectionable lines in it, One In a Million.

And VR's Fall To Pieces

On 4/22/2023 at 7:07 PM, maelzoid said:

I experienced GNR's Wichita Lineman at Download in '18. And their cover of Black Hole Sun.

Not as bad as you might imagine, but totally perfunctory. The real shame is there are so many originals they hardly ever play that I'd really love to hear:

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive 

Breakdown

Yesterdays

There Was A Time

Catcher In The Rye

Street of Dreams

And if they'd re-write the objectionable lines in it, One In a Million.

And VR's Fall To Pieces

How long did they play at Download out of interest? Surely, they're going to have to cut out a lot of songs to play Glasto.

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

How long did they play at Download out of interest? Surely, they're going to have to cut out a lot of songs to play Glasto.

According to the clashfinder from that year they got 3 and a half hours at Download, which seems absolutely mental. Not sure if they actually played for that - maybe some time added to account for Axl being late? - but they won’t get close to that at Glastonbury. 2 hours fifteen seems more realistic meaning they’ll have to cut out a lot of the lesser known stuff, and the set will undoubtedly be all the better for it. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, lolbot said:

What their 2023 setlist is looking like. They won’t be squeezing that lot into their Glasto slot.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2023/etihad-arena-abu-dhabi-united-arab-emirates-bb94d66.html

Crikey, 32 songs.

Considering his voice is a bit hit and miss, I'm surprised Axl wants to do such long shows.

Still, they'll obv play the hits, so cutting some stuff out for the avg fan will be easy.

Can't wait to see them.

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Crikey, 32 songs.

Considering his voice is a bit hit and miss, I'm surprised Axl wants to do such long shows.

Still, they'll obv play the hits, so cutting some stuff out for the avg fan will be easy.

Can't wait to see them.

Guests might help him out a bit ....welcome to the jungle with Carrie sounded brilliant 

https://youtu.be/7nAFB_f7Too

9 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Was pretty keen to see GnR but having watched a bit of this I have to say it sounds pretty ropey to say the least!

Maybe it would be sound better if you were actually there in the crowd??👀

Yeah feeling the same tbh. Do I really want to see some of my all time anthems murdered by Axel’s voice

Edited by Twiggy553

18 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Was pretty keen to see GnR but having watched a bit of this I have to say it sounds pretty ropey to say the least!

Yup.  Saturday decision made.  Norman it is.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, rubenz said:

I think it’ll be much better in person. I’m not gonna defend his voice - it does sound ropey as f**k for most of it - but the vocals are also isolated in such a way that they sound especially bad, and even Slash’s guitar noodling sounds a bit shite for a lot of this when we know he’s an excellent guitar player. Think it’ll be an absolute hoot for those attending, a proper rock show that’s been sorely missed from the Pyramid for some time, but pretty interested to see how it comes across on the BBC broadcast and I’m anticipating it being a bit of a laughing stock to be totally honest.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Yeah feeling the same tbh. Do I really want to see some of my all time anthems murdered by Axel’s voice

Yeah wanted to see them as they were a favourite band of one of my Glasto buddies who sadly passed away during lockdown. Would be a nice tribute to him and some good memories attached to those songs but worried it could be a bit of a mess!

F**k that is grim - very hard to listen to ... and Axl is hard to watch as well.  Check out Mr Brownstone near the start - cringing 😲

Was gonna give them a go, but think that just done it now for me.  Ah well plenty else on

Edited by circus92

33 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Patchy but sounds pretty decent in parts. Sound mix is shocking though, the Guitar way too low. That would be more a problem on the Pyramid than the voice. Hope it’s just that video.