Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

28 minutes ago, therefused said:

I just cant see it being elton, guns, and am.

I don't see it being Elton

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

What a bizarre and strange thing to actually type. 

Really not. The biggest bullshit, make up story and troll on here. We come here because it's all there is. It's not all there because of Neil, not going by his last few years. It's all there is because frankly no one cares that much enough. You get a few hundred on here out of how many people that go to festivals?

Edited by thewayiam

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see it being Elton

Really not. The biggest bullshit, make up story and troll on here. We come here because it's all there is. It's not all there because of Neil, not going by his last few years. It's all there is because frankly no one cares that much enough. You get a few hundred on here out of how many people that go to festivals?

You know the options don’t you ? 

Thought just occurred to me that the lack of announcements, lack of strong candidates/candidates playing elsewhere (a la Swifty) and the increased costs of putting on a performance might all be symptoms of the same problem.  Glasto can't afford to pay the sort of money big acts can make on stadium tours etc. and that gap has rapidly widened since 2019 when there were great headliners in the mix.  Perhaps bigger acts just can't afford to do it for the fees on offer now or are chasing coin by doing their own stuff or more commercial festivals instead.  Maybe Glasto can't compete in the market anymore and the cache of headlining isn't enough to swing it.  Maybe they are actually struggling to get replacement headliners after being let down?

11 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Thought just occurred to me that the lack of announcements, lack of strong candidates/candidates playing elsewhere (a la Swifty) and the increased costs of putting on a performance might all be symptoms of the same problem.  Glasto can't afford to pay the sort of money big acts can make on stadium tours etc. and that gap has rapidly widened since 2019 when there were great headliners in the mix.  Perhaps bigger acts just can't afford to do it for the fees on offer now or are chasing coin by doing their own stuff or more commercial festivals instead.  Maybe Glasto can't compete in the market anymore and the cache of headlining isn't enough to swing it.  Maybe they are actually struggling to get replacement headliners after being let down?

This year they had Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar and they've not even announced anyone yet for next year.

I think you are jumping the gun a bit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Doesn't matter who it was does it. It was wrong, you were wrong. What's new!

Exactly

GOOD! You aren't needed there anymore

You knew the ticket price before you chose to purchase without any bands announced.

it was good info at the time i was given it, things changed.

i was hoping for a top-notch line-up when i bought my ticket, and if gnr are headlining it definitely isn't going to be top-notch.

if i'm going to stop going somewhen soon (and i am, getting old sucks, then best to drop out in a bad year.

gazza i'm going to kill off your latest alter-ego.

5 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

This year they had Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar and they've not even announced anyone yet for next year.

I think you are jumping the gun a bit

Maybe I am, but they were all honouring commitments from before the global economy went to shit.  We expected Taylor Swift to do likewise for next year, but guess what?  She chose to make gazillions of dollars instead.

19 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Maybe they are actually struggling to get replacement headliners after being let down?

Might force them to think out of the box, take some chances and get some interesting headliners.

Sod the picnic blanket bucket listers.

And no I'm not going to make any suggestions.