Rock Am Ring 2023

Archi

First announcement today at 9am and many more to follow at noon!

Fo the 13 first names: 
Die Toten Hosen
Apache 207
K.I.Z.
Evanescence
Pantera
Tenacious D
Bring Me The Horizon
Machine Gun Kelly
Turnstile
Yungblud
Hollywood Undead
Papa Roach
Badmomzjay

BMTH were initially in the first announcement of this morning but the festival uploaded it again without them on it.

There are some changes too between the official version and the version from The MenzingersNOFX and Architects are not mentionned in the main names. Halestorm and BMTH are not on the poster posted by the RAR.

9 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Zero chance. They announced earlier today two dates in Germany. Can’t see why would they wait with RAR/RIP announcement

To sell solo shows first. Green Day played in Berlin same year they played RAR/RIP, Foo Fighters too.
Or you can be right and promoters still wait for, let's say, RHCP.

57 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

To sell solo shows first. Green Day played in Berlin same year they played RAR/RIP, Foo Fighters too.
Or you can be right and promoters still wait for, let's say, RHCP.

image.thumb.png.908e03117448104a85425f096fe70d99.png

I don't think Slipknot is one of the missing names. No reason to keep them out form the announcement, plus they would need to start tour one week earlier. It also doesn't fit the pattern you mention as their shows are June 20 & 21, DE show for headliners is typically in between/next to RaR/RiP days, this was the case for Green Day and others.

Germany is a huge country and the biggest part of the market on Mainland Europe. The 2 shows SlipKnot announced this morning at in the North (Hamburg) and at the capital on the East side (Berlin). The Rock Am Ring is the West part and the Rock Im Park more in the south. They can still play at the festivals for sure!

In 2019, they started their European Summer tour with a show in Finland followed by the twin festival, then played a couple of festivals including Download and played 2 German shows 10 days after that in Hannover (more in the northern part) and Leipzig (east). 

In 2015, their first show in Europe was the Rock Im Park. But didn't play any other shows in Germany, only festivals.

So SlipKnot are still 99% possible for the Rock Am Ring! And I'd bet Red Hot Chili Peppers are the last headliner!

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

There are rumors that System of a Down are going to announce dates for 2023, but no idea if it will include european dates.   Last Night, they released a teaser for an announcment in a festival in Las Vegas,  so who knows 

Hope so, I thought recently Serj said due to some back or surgical issues he wouldn't be doing 2023.

Theyre on my bucket list 

2 hours ago, Tigane said:

There are rumors that System of a Down are going to announce dates for 2023, but no idea if it will include european dates.   Last Night, they released a teaser for an announcment in a festival in Las Vegas,  so who knows 

A one off fest in Vegas. SOAD apparently won’t be touring extensively in 2023. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

Any festival historians here know if there’s going to be daily tickets available for this as well?

I knew that they have only full festival pass but from a quick search I found that in the last years there were also limited daily tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

Any guesses who the missing 2 headliners are?

It's a massive twin festival and with Hosen already announced, it must be someone big and international. Yet, I don't see any other major EU rock festival in early June waiting for headliners. Either they're struggling to find a suitable replacement for RATM who I believe were booked originally or it will be something exclusive (e.g. Tool who play an US festival in May)?  My bet is still on Metallica to be one of the missing heads as the dates fit their schedule, they play Hamburg the weekend before and Download weekend after, having RaR/RiP shaped hole in their tour.

8 hours ago, Ferda said:

Any guesses who the missing 2 headliners are?

It's a massive twin festival and with Hosen already announced, it must be someone big and international. Yet, I don't see any other major EU rock festival in early June waiting for headliners. 

Graspop waiting for two headliners, but it is middle June

Edited by SweetJesus

24 minutes ago, Archi said:

Spiritbox just announced they gonna play at Rock Am Ring! So they're too early and we gonna have an announcement at noon. Or they made the announcement but the festival rescheduled it. Answer today I guess...

Great band and great news. This makes Ghost possible as they tour together, but surely not as headliner?

7 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Great band and great news. This makes Ghost possible as they tour together, but surely not as headliner?

Ghost announced a show in Nantes (France) this morning on June 3rd. Just in between of the festivals. So it's not 100% sure they'll be at the twin festival. And about Spiritbox, they are on tour with BMTH in June, not Ghost. They have announce 2 shows (June 1st in Budapest and June 6th together with BMTH and Motionless In White). I guest BMTH could be at Rock Am Ring?