2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

you think Dua gets a smaller crowd than foals or KoL? you are having a laugh.

Didn't say that. Said total. Not having a laugh. I would say she could potentially get a smaller crowd than KoL though. That's entirely debatable. 

2 hours ago, smogo said:

I don't think I've ever met anyone who likes Coldplay. How do they manage to sell out massive shows? Who are their fans and why?

Because they write very catchy songs, with hooky choruses and put on a fantastic live show. Simple maths.

1 hour ago, SpencerF said:

Honestly, the whole 'Who is SZA?' shitck is incredibly ignorant, from my point of view. She's more than capable of headlining and easily has the draw - just because a few rock n roll heads don't listen to that sort of music, doesn't mean she isn't capable. 

Stats are stats and at the end of the day, she has an audience of 70m monthly on Spotify alone, one of the biggest albums of the decade so far as well as featuring on two of the biggest albums to come out last year. I get it not being the music you're into; but honestly if you've never heard of an artist that popular who has dominated so much of the charts for the last couple years, then it's a you problem - not the festival 'running out of options'. 

Saw someone say Foals would draw in a bigger crowd ffs

Foals would get a bigger crowd than SZA. All day long. Don't think they should headline either. 70mill streams worldwide. Last time I checked that has sod all relevance to their popularity in the Pyramid field. Re: Bad Bunny

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If it is Coldplay then they will have headlined 5 times since the Millennium, or more accurately 5 in 19 years when you account fallow years and pandemics. That is a Fix You every 3.8 festivals.

I don't care which act it is, and I'd feel the same if it was someone I actually liked, that's too often.

Point of order: their first headline slot predated Fix You, so this calculus is invalid

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

I don’t see how it’s ignorant to say you don’t know who someone is, I had genuinely never hear of her until yesterday. I’m not the demographic for their music and that’s fine and not saying they can’t headline but I do expect it would be the smallest crowd of the weekend- still way better than having someone like GNR last year who were past it by any means 

...but who put on a great show.

21 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'd take it.  Great live band with a huge catalogue of tunes.  They'd be great.

Seeing as Simon has said pretty much that they'd only take headline, this might be their only shot...but they won't get it...

17 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

there are still Latitude tickets available.  Sunday headliner there....and boy are people happy with those headliners/lineup 🙂

Already seen them twice.  And I'll be on holiday in Egypt that weekend!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The Coldplay equation remains unchanged.

I agree that Coldplay aren't an exciting booking (and neither would Muse, Radiohead etc) purely on how often they have played previously. But in a cost of living crisis and with costs of live music especially escalating out of control to have one of the biggest bands in the world available as likely a budget option is an incredible position for a festival to be in.

I'd personally rather a few years of more risky Pyramid Headliners with one safe banker for crowds to preserve the quality depth of the rest of the line up. If it got rid of a good chunk of the negative moaners who attend as well even better!!

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

As per the full meaning, it would be  Saviour Zig-Zag Allah (having Googled it) 

SIZA according to the presenters of the Brits 

thats IZ as in scissor rather than IZ as in size ☺️

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I'd personally rather a few years of more risky Pyramid Headliners with one safe banker for crowds to preserve the quality depth of the rest of the line up. If it got rid of a good chunk of the negative moaners who attend as well even better!!

I can certainly see the point that booking them insulates the festival a little from the inevitable SZA backlash. 

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Don't get me wrong, absolutely agree with this and this is exactly my mindset too. I wish everyone had that. 

But they've still got to entertain the crowd that's onsite and get it right for crowd control.

I'd have said that went to absolute hell for Elton.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If it is Coldplay then they will have headlined 5 times since the Millennium, or more accurately 5 in 19 years when you account fallow years and pandemics. That is a Fix You every 3.8 festivals.

I don't care which act it is, and I'd feel the same if it was someone I actually liked, that's too often.

It probably is but as mentioned most people don't go to all of them and it is still 8 years. They are also the exception. It just basically needs to be accepted that they're going to be there every few fests. They'd be daft to turn them down - they are the biggest band in the world.