2024 Headliners

13 minutes ago, sedra said:

It was the ViP platform not the disabled one- one of  the pyramid sound/tv stages( where Jo Wiley did her live tv intro for Macca)  - I was standing at the side of it and saw her and a load of others watching Macca.  To be honest after 2 hours in the cold she was looking a bit bored with it all ! 

We were right near there too. We saw Geri Haliwell trying to look like someone important.

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Opposite SZA would be top. That's a Glastonbury struggling for headliner booking.

Nobody in their right mind can think Fatboy is headlining the same stage 2 years in a row?! 

and Sza is at least a booking that’s forward thinking rather than AM phoning it in again etc…

Edited by sisco

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Nobody in their right mind can think Fatboy is headlining the same stage 2 years in a row?! 

and Sza is at least a booking that’s forward thinking rather than AM phoning it in again etc…

I didn't think it, I questioned it as its on the rumors page dude.

I've got no problem with phoning it in again. If a band has been away a while and wants to play because they enjoy it then why not. Arctic Monkeys I saw for a couple of songs I hadn't heard before and probably enjoyed some stuff pre AM I hadn't got into before. I don't think they are a band of the quality to headline the Pyramid now but that's just me...their ticket sales suggest they are still way big enough.

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I've got no problem with phoning it in again. If a band has been away a while and wants to play because they enjoy it then why not. Arctic Monkeys I saw for a couple of songs I hadn't heard before and probably enjoyed some stuff pre AM I hadn't got into before. I don't think they are a band of the quality to headline the Pyramid now but that's just me...their ticket sales suggest they are still way big enough.

Fair enough, in that case… the rumours page is very wrong. 

The problem is you get the same people headlining over and over.  Surely it’s time for some new blood.  At least it’s different 

21 hours ago, ThomasPh said:

They had promised to come back... but well, those are just words. It could also be David Guetta who fills the festivals in France...

Well, you called it correctly as David Guetta.

Didn't know he was still that big of a deal. But maybe I'm just being an idiot.

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

The problem is you get the same people headlining over and over.  Surely it’s time for some new blood.  At least it’s different 

I want to see Fatboy Slim do a proper headline set this year whether it be Glastonbury or probably Victorious 

20 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Hold up. Idles turned down a headline slot because they weren't offered enough??? 

Surely not? 

Obviously not headline, but elsewhere.

My girlfriend met Joe at the Pop Pop Pop Up Shop a couple of weeks ago and he told her they aren't playing.

Somebody in the self-confirms thread then backed this up after meeting Joe at the same thing. They said he'd told them that Idles were offered a slot but turned it down because it was below their expectations. I'd imagine most people would have at least had them down as headlining Woodsies this year so you have to wonder what they were offered and what they were expecting.

2 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Somebody in the self-confirms thread then backed this up after meeting Joe at the same thing. They said he'd told them that Idles were offered a slot but turned it down because it was below their expectations. I'd imagine most people would have at least had them down as headlining Woodsies this year so you have to wonder what they were offered and what they were expecting.

Tangk seems to have disappeared into thin air so they should get used to lower slots sadly.

21 minutes ago, northernangel said:

On Fatboy Slim, is the TBA Park a thing a again or it just says that at this stage?

It’s been listed as that for some time, I haven’t changed it because I’ve not heard of any different info, I probably should get rid of the Park reference because it doesn’t sound legit to me.

15 minutes ago, northernangel said:

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

I guess imo this ties into what Glastonbury's Pyramid slot is for - is it for giving a leg into superstardom for an artist with a decent/growing fanbase, a chance for a name to re-establish themselves or is it just for the hottest ticket seller available?

11 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s been listed as that for some time, I haven’t changed it because I’ve not heard of any different info, I probably should get rid of the Park reference because it doesn’t sound legit to me.

It's no dramas man, just wondered.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I guess imo this ties into what Glastonbury's Pyramid slot is for - is it for giving a leg into superstardom for an artist with a decent/growing fanbase, a chance for a name to re-establish themselves or is it just for the hottest ticket seller available?

It's for entertaining the ticket holders.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's for entertaining the ticket holders.

But which way is the best way to entertain those ticket holders?

... or maybe it's easy just to get lost in this thinking. Although it's certainly an argument that's popped up in the 500+ pages of rambling we've eked out before a headliner has even been announced.

Could be a stupid question, but with it being likely Madonna and Stevie Wonder have pulled out - does it mean we could see more 'heritage acts' elsewhere? 

Kool & The Gang, Sister Sledge, Johnny Marr, Chaka Khan, Cyndi Lauper among others have been mentioned in some of the predictions. Do we think many of these are likely to turn up? Considering you would normally have at least one of the headliners being an older type of act. 

33 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I want to see Fatboy Slim do a proper headline set this year whether it be Glastonbury or probably Victorious 

He hasn't done a proper headline set anywhere since about 2004.

Edited by GrumpyRaver

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

They’re on my lengthy list of ‘GSH’ and possibles which is due to be added as another category but hasn’t happened yet due to technical issues I understand. I agree they should be added as a Rumour.

Is it worth adding SZA as at least a Rumour now too?