2024 Headliners

Just now, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

We were a few rows from the front and had a blast too. Unexpectedly brilliant and a highlight of the weekend for sure. Full on 🪩 🕺 

Was on the barrier … don’t think I’ll do that again but really enjoyed it … 

25 minutes ago, incident said:

Honestly can't see how Kylie would have been better as a headliner, even with the extra lighting/fireworks/whatever. That placement totally played to her strength as an adopted National Treasure.

Playing at 4pm, she got a huge crowd that were all willing her to succeed, and a 75 minute setlist which meant it was mostly cut down to just the biggest hits.

Playing at 10pm, She'd get a smaller crowd with much more expectancy  placed on it and a longer set so having to dive deeper into the back catalogue for less ubiquitous tracks.

Honestly believe that a headline slot would have become "just another show" by Glastonbury standards. Whereas playing the legends slot allowed it to be an all-timer.

^^ this…

19 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Can't we just have  a Kylie/Lionel double header legend? Plenty of awesome duets to be had.

Well, Ms. Ross won’t sing it with him, so I’d settle for a Kylie/Lionel version of Endless Love on a Sunday afternoon. 

It we're bringing a Legend back for another stab at it, although it's too late now, Paul Simon but with his old mate Art.

Cut out the complaining about being ill from Simon and the poetry from Garfunkel and it would be an all timer.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Need to see those racetrack odds again. Think Madonna still ranks third behind Dua Lipa and Coldplay, no?

Those odds haven’t been updated since before the Stevie Wonder rumours started, markets have been frozen for months. 

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

Woah Jesus! I get opinions and takes and but there no way Pet Shop Boys are being the greatest thing of anything in any year and 2022 on paper was not a great year for me. Pyramid was dire overall.

Were you at the gig?

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

Woah Jesus! I get opinions and takes and but there no way Pet Shop Boys are being the greatest thing of anything in any year and 2022 on paper was not a great year for me. Pyramid was dire overall.

Probably should have stopped at ‘opinions’

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spindles said:

Like Friday night 2013, an absolute smorgasbord of fantastic gigs all over the site.  I didn't get to attend last year, so just like the Cure in 2019, that PSB gig was a great memory of my last gig on the farm to tide me over until I get back.  I have a feeling that we'll have more than one night like that this year, based on the whispers on the wind about who is likely to play.

Hopefully we do. Was at both them sets you mention and they were both pure magic. 2013 was nuts, clashes all over the place on Friday then I struggled for a headliner on the Sunday. Such is life I suppose.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

You had to be there.

That sounds like a bit of a cliquey answer to a new person asking that question tbh. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

A big french festival (Beauregard in normandy) just announced a last minute surprise with an additional day as a result. The artist will be announced tomorrow morning (12h00 french time, 13h UK time).

In 2023 blur was programmed at this festival but canceled to save wembley becasue Dave injury. 

The day five will be a Wednesday 3 july so it's a big artist because it's very hard to sell a middle week day, 5 months before.

In 2022, it was Muse and in 2023 it was a french big band "Indochine". These artists are stadium artists.

Edited by ThomasPh

23 minutes ago, ThomasPh said:

A big french festival (Beauregard in normandy) just announced a last minute surprise with an additional day as a result. The artist will be announced tomorrow morning (12h00 french time, 13h UK time).

In 2023 blur was programmed at this festival but canceled to save wembley becasue Dave injury. 

The day five will be a Wednesday 3 july so it's a big artist because it's very hard to sell a middle week day, 5 months before.

In 2022, it was Muse and in 2023 it was a french big band "Indochine". These artists are stadium artists.

Blur, to make up for last years cancellation? 

18 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

Blur, to make up for last years cancellation? 

They had promised to come back... but well, those are just words. It could also be David Guetta who fills the festivals in France...

Edited by ThomasPh

43 minutes ago, ThomasPh said:

Isn't 12pm in France 11am UK time?

1 minute ago, ThomasPh said:

Yeah sorry, that exact. 12pm in france, 11am in UK.

Good to clear it up. Sorry, was just a little confused that's all.

Any speculation as to who it could be just yet? Blur coming back to make up for their cancellation would be neat, but in this game, it's not exactly a given a return is guaranteed. 

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Good to clear it up. Sorry, was just a little confused that's all.

Any speculation as to who it could be just yet? Blur coming back to make up for their cancellation would be neat, but in this game, it's not exactly a given a return is guaranteed. 

No, there is no speculation, it's truly unexpected. In December, the festival stated that there would be no fifth day in 2024, so it's a last-minute opportunity.
The only thing that might provide a clue is their announcement which says: "Do you want to come party and dance with us on Wednesday, July 3rd? 👀 See you tomorrow at 12:00 pm 🕛'"

I don't know if it's a clue, but if it is, it might be a DJ.

6 minutes ago, ThomasPh said:

No, there is no speculation, it's truly unexpected. In December, the festival stated that there would be no fifth day in 2024, so it's a last-minute opportunity.
The only thing that might provide a clue is their announcement which says: "Do you want to come party and dance with us on Wednesday, July 3rd? 👀 See you tomorrow at 12:00 pm 🕛'"

I don't know if it's a clue, but if it is, it might be a DJ.

Not sure of the relevance to Glastonbury headliners, however it's a great line-up for this festival. 

3 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Can someone explain the “d@b up” / “d@b down” vernacular to me?

dab up = playing glasto

dumb down = no longer playing glasto

its then used for other things that are similar e.g. if i returned my ticket i'd have is as dumb as me

wish i had gone to PSB, bicep were an amazing end to the weekend but haven't ever seen PSB and probably never will!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Those odds haven’t been updated since before the Stevie Wonder rumours started, markets have been frozen for months. 

Do bookies genuinely allow bets on Glastonbury headliners? Surely those in the know (admittedly a very small circle) can just put a load of money on. It's not like sport where no-one knows the outcome. 

3 minutes ago, kpins said:

Not sure of the relevance to Glastonbury headliners, however it's a great line-up for this festival. 

Yeah, when I saw the announcement, I thought they would announce something big, capable of filling a whole day on its own. The date is a few days after Glastonbury, so I thought there might be a big artist announcing a tour. But indeed, if it's a DJ, it's of no interest to Glasto