2024 Headliners

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Was a big crowd at Lana. By the sounds of things at GnR you could get right to the front so everyone must have been somewhere

You couldn't.

It wasn't the largest Pyramid crowd ever, but I don't think it was quite Arcade Fire level either.

Most relevantly, it was probably still more than could have fit at the Other Stage.

Edited by incident

I was at GnR for a few tracks  then left to catch LDR there was absolureb stream of people leaving walking though leftfield doing the same.  The GNR crowd was very spread out but not very dense at all. 

At the time she was due on the Lana Crowd was much more packed out. 

Sadly it thinned very quickly with the lateness

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Also glad to have matt42 back. Gets way too much unnecessary flack. He had an infectious excitement   Which I liked. 

if more former regulars like him came back the thread wouldnt be such a ghost town 

and whinging about whats happened in the past helps  how ? would be lovely if people moved on . and this threads been exceptionally busy last few days as the headliners have become uncertain again . and im happy that matt has decided to return just like any others when they feel ready , until that point work is being done to improve things although you may not see it its happening .

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've seen the Stones nuff times. 

But something about the vibe of that entire day - the entire weekend if I'm honest - was the good sh*t. Made better by the fact that we didn't want to waste the day I'm front of El Pointo so rocked up towards the end of Primal Scream but still ended up looking the auld rascals in the whites of their eyes.

And then they deployed that setlist.

Stones and Elton were very similar in that the actual performance was secondary to the atmosphere and general vibe on site. In both cases it felt like the entire weekend was geared around one set and one set only.

In both cases the performances were decent enough but I’ve seen them both do better elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've seen the Stones nuff times. 

But something about the vibe of that entire day - the entire weekend if I'm honest - was the good sh*t. Made better by the fact that we didn't want to waste the day I'm front of El Pointo so rocked up towards the end of Primal Scream but still ended up looking the auld rascals in the whites of their eyes.

And then they deployed that setlist.

"Engage: All Timer"

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I cant vouch for the average Elton fan, but there was a moment 20 or so  minutes into the Stones when I realised how much they were smashing it that genuinely lifted me up a level.

Didn’t enjoy the first half hour or so as we were down the front and it was just too busy to get into it (shoutout to the young lady who stayed up on her boyfriend’s shoulders far too long and had about ten pints of various fluid lobbed at her). Doom and Gloom slapped hard though.

Watched the rest from the Grande Boueff stall with a pint of cider and enjoyed it much more. 

33 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

and whinging about whats happened in the past helps  how ? would be lovely if people moved on . and this threads been exceptionally busy last few days as the headliners have become uncertain again . and im happy that matt has decided to return just like any others when they feel ready , until that point work is being done to improve things although you may not see it its happening .

I’m not whinging I’m just saying I enjoyed Matts contributions in part cause they were sometimes so mental.

i think  it’s fair enough to point out that the info doesn’t come here as much anymore and that’s annoying to me cause I prefer this place to discord. I won’t mention it again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I’m not whinging I’m just saying I enjoyed Matts contributions in part cause they were sometimes so mental.

i think  it’s fair enough to point out that the info doesn’t come here as much anymore and that’s annoying to me cause I prefer this place to discord. I won’t mention it again

it will give it time , 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Didn’t enjoy the first half hour or so as we were down the front and it was just too busy to get into it (shoutout to the young lady who stayed up on her boyfriend’s shoulders far too long and had about ten pints of various fluid lobbed at her). Doom and Gloom slapped hard though.

Watched the rest from the Grande Boueff stall with a pint of cider and enjoyed it much more. 

Can imagine in the jostle at the back it was a bit hit or miss.

But being baws deep all I can say is that Mick and Keith came out with something to prove.

8 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

A lot of people have heard of her, she is massive. Unfortunately though the average age of glastonbury goers is about 38.

Is this meant to imply that 38 is old?

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

2013...what a year! Arctics and Stones both in my top 5 gigs of all time!

Some people saying that this years lineups are d@bbed down are forgetting that Mumford headlined that year 🤣🤣

I thought they were just an extra band on after the real headliner?

10 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Also...

I don't see why we're f**king about. 

Just get the Pet Shop Boys on the blower. 

Would be the biggest Pyramid party of all time. 

Is it because they're shite?

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

Stupid argument, at least my option is an actual song Stevie Nicks was apart of. She's not expected to fo an Elton John song.

Ok, let’s make it more straight forward, if you can’t figure out the nuance of why I posted such a clearly stupid suggestion… why on earth would she sing a song that slags her off and she has repeatedly said she hates? Completely pointless, idiotic post.

43 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Weird take. The only reason they weren't the greatest thing of 2022 was because of Macca. 

Not weird at all. They're shite. I don't understand why people can't grasp this reality. One half of them didn't even bother showing up for half their set, probably too busy trying to find the back up USB.

• Downvote 1