2024 Headliners

5 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

I may be completely underestimating her stock, however I just don't see O-Rod as a Pyramid Stage Headliner, personally.

Luckily for you there are lots of other stages. Plenty of other acts have headlined at similar stages in their careers. The first time Coldplay headlined they wouldn't have been as big as she is now.

Just now, Little Andy said:

I'm now checking out Olivia Rodrigo music for the first time ... it's reminding me a little of Holly Humberstone who I love! Is it all like this? This rumour may not be so bad for me!

That's not the worst comparison. I think both her albums are really good. Always great to discover new things.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

So with this new information coming to light…instead of it pushing the poster back…could it mean the poster is now imminent (tomorrow as predicted) with how the news has come about?

Anyone predicting tomorrow was doing so in hope rather than it ever being likely.

Ultimately we don't know how far along GFL will be in securing a replacement for SW (as we don't know when they found out) - but it seems likely that we won't get a poster until either they have all 3 headliners locked in, or they get to the point that they feel they need to release it even if there's a headliner missing (so approximately a month from now).

25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

This was dismissed because of the Oliver/Olivia typo but it could easily have been a genuine mistake. 

But it also says there will be good clues around in a couple of weeks, it's now 4+ since the post.

Remembering that typo. Was how I easy found it with the search rather than trawling though every Olivia post lol.

Maybe a sign

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Anyone predicting tomorrow was doing so in hope rather than it ever being likely.

Ultimately we don't know how far along GFL will be in securing a replacement for SW (as we don't know when they found out) - but it seems likely that we won't get a poster until either they have all 3 headliners locked in, or they get to the point that they feel they need to release it even if there's a headliner missing (so approximately a month from now).

Hope and the last two years being the first Friday in March? (I know, I know, there is no pattern!)

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Luckily for you there are lots of other stages. Plenty of other acts have headlined at similar stages in their careers. The first time Coldplay headlined they wouldn't have been as big as she is now.

Oh absolutely, no doubting that. FWIW, I probably would have been elsewhere whilst SW was on also. 

I caught a bit of her set on the Other in 2022 and didn't mind what I saw, but I dunno, I just think artist at a similar stage of their career (Stormzy, Billie etc) had more in their catalogue that the wider audience would appreciate. But again that may be down to me being out of touch.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I reckon she's better positioned with crowd-pleasers than either Billie or Stormzy.

Drivers Licence, Vampire, Good 4 U, Get Him Back, Bad Idea Right? are all big tunes.

Yeah, she has got a run of really well known crossover songs - I would say Billie is a good comparison.

6 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

Oh absolutely, no doubting that. FWIW, I probably would have been elsewhere whilst SW was on also. 

I caught a bit of her set on the Other in 2022 and didn't mind what I saw, but I dunno, I just think artist at a similar stage of their career (Stormzy, Billie etc) had more in their catalogue that the wider audience would appreciate. But again that may be down to me being out of touch.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I reckon she's better positioned with crowd-pleasers than either Billie or Stormzy.

Drivers Licence, Vampire, Good 4 U, Get Him Back, Bad Idea Right? are all big tunes.

Yep I'd say there's definitely a lot more pop immediacy with O Rod than Stormzy or Billie. As well as her reputation of bringing other people on stage to do songs with her like Lily Allen, Alanis Morrisette etc. I genuinely think she could really pull it off.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Way better choice then Billie imo. You also have Brutal which is a bop live, Traitor is a big song aswell.

She's at the same stage in her career as Billie when she headlined (2nd album, previous other stage performance went down well) and I think she is perfectly positioned to headline the big pointy one myself.  I've absolutely played both albums to death, wall to wall bangers.