2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, neil93 said:

Having never actually seen Coldplay before, I am quite up for it, in fact very up for it. A good old sing song.

Same. Next year will be my sixth Glastonbury and they haven't played any of the ones I've been to before. I'm well up for it

58 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Even some very early initial murmurings among our team about checking them out, after swerving in 2011 and 2016. Whatever else is on at the same time depending, of course.

Same here. Depending on West Holts. I think the sets from The Killers etc have helped with this - unexciting bookings but actually a good time down the front was had by all. I would normally early entry to SE corner but...

I'm the opposite, having seen Coldplay a few times in the past they're very much a last resort for me this year.

We'd have to be looking at Sunday 2014 levels of headline wasteland to make me consider them.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

2 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

Think we're due an announcement next couple of weeks... Dua Lipa?

Doubt it.  I expect its the third headliner they want to nail down and announce - if they've got Madge, she's a Macca or Elton sized headline act that makes the papers and builds up goodwill among the ticketholders.

Comparatively speaking, Dua and Coldplay are a bit more ho hum and may not even warrant their own announcement in the way last year that Arctic Monkeys and GnR just appeared on the poster.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Doubt it.  I expect its the third headliner they want to nail down and announce - if they've got Madge, she's a Macca or Elton sized headline act that makes the papers and builds up goodwill among the ticketholders.

Comparatively speaking, Dua and Coldplay are a bit more ho hum and may not even warrant their own announcement in the way last year that Arctic Monkeys and GnR just appeared on the poster.

Agreed, but something is better than radio silence to placate folk for a bit no?

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

If they’ve not got Madge I reckon Emily will do what she was hoping to do and we’ll get all 3 on the first poster.

1 minute ago, MichaelsBeard said:

Agreed, but something is better than radio silence to placate folk for a bit no?

If they've got a marquee name in the third slot - and there's no embargo on announcing it due to e.g. BST - then I'd expect them to shout it from the rooftops as soon as they can.

Which suggests there's either an embargo, they don't have a third name, or they think who've they've got doesn't quite stand by themselves as announcement-worthy (I could see O-Rod in this latter category).

16 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Even if Coldplay don't sit anywhere in my all-time list of favourites, there are very few artists who will likely pull me away that evening from them.

I saw their 2011 set and if they fill that field with a similar overwhelmingly happy and positive vibe you’d have to work really hard not to have a great time. Thats what sticks in my head from that set, not any particular song but one of my favourite atmospheres ever at WF.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

I don't folk really need placating at this stage.

Anyone with even a passing interest in Glastonbury knows this is how it is every year.