2024 Headliners

What's the chat with Hozier? Might be me being out of touch, but I didn't have him popular enough for the billing he is getting just now.

He's headlining a show at Glasgow Green right before Transmit. Sub-headliner or third from top at Glastonbury? 

15 minutes ago, Krisesk said:

What's the chat with Hozier? Might be me being out of touch, but I didn't have him popular enough for the billing he is getting just now.

He's headlining a show at Glasgow Green right before Transmit. Sub-headliner or third from top at Glastonbury? 

There is absolutely no way Hozier is subbing Glastonbury.

Subbing the Other feels like a stretch.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno. Coldplay and Dua were probably locked before this summer, and they've been after Madonna for ages. Then if she's not inclined to do ot for whatever reason it's case of what works best from the remaining pieces on the board.

That's a point, fair enough.

Boston Calling... won't be calling for me, I must say.

It would be handy if they put the dates on these posters. 

I'm sure if I made the effort to listen to the acts I dont know, I'd find enough to keep me occupied at Bonaroo. Not so sure on Boston Calling. 

It does though show how loads of acts don't cross the Atlantic in terms of being popular in both countries, I don't think it used to be like that or am I mistaken?

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

That's a point, fair enough.

Boston Calling... won't be calling for me, I must say.

I did look into the originally planned Boston Calling in 2020 with Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters and RATM but thought it was too expensive.

Though given how difficult 2020 went for international travel, I'm kinda relieved I didn't have the headache of attempting to get refunded.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

f**k no.  What is a Tyler Childers?

Let me tell you a story.

My dad was really into country music. He even played in country bands for years in pubs and clubs around the North West. As a result, I heard a lot of the stuff when I was growing up, proper old school country; Vernon Oxford, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Merl Haggard etc. And I hated it.

As I've got older, I've got into Americana and I've started to worry that maybe I didn't really hate country music like I thought I did. Maybe I'd just been rebelling and getting into rock and punk as some sort of teen angst thing.

I've just listened to some of Tyler Childers latest album and it sounds like that really, really sh*t country my dad used to like. So it turns out I was right all along. That's some dreadful shite, right there.

47 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Let me tell you a story.

My dad was really into country music. He even played in country bands for years in pubs and clubs around the North West. As a result, I heard a lot of the stuff when I was growing up, proper old school country; Vernon Oxford, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Merl Haggard etc. And I hated it.

As I've got older, I've got into Americana and I've started to worry that maybe I didn't really hate country music like I thought I did. Maybe I'd just been rebelling and getting into rock and punk as some sort of teen angst thing.

I've just listened to some of Tyler Childers latest album and it sounds like that really, really sh*t country my dad used to like. So it turns out I was right all along. That's some dreadful shite, right there.

JOYLESS