2024 Headliners

13 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I was really looking forward to Madonna. 

I know that the article in the mail is terribly written but if you take out all the nonsense I think Madonna being in conversations and them now falling through is really likely. 

Be interesting to see who it is. Hopefully someone I care less about so I can go watch The National. 

Between Madge and The National I'd always go watch The National.

Or The Smile, who are nailed on for a Park headline slot. 

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

There's no way The Killers are back this soon.

It is a surprise that they still have a Glasto gap in their schedule between their Manchester and London dates, but I would be even further surprised if this is why. Much as I like them more than Coldplay, they've still had a much more recent appearance on El Pointo and it would most likely be a very similar set.

Just now, charlierc said:

It is a surprise that they still have a Glasto gap in their schedule between their Manchester and London dates, but I would be even further surprised if this is why. Much as I like them more than Coldplay, they've still had a much more recent appearance on El Pointo and it would most likely be a very similar set.

Chances are they're in the country and have kept that weekend free to go as punters.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Or maybe do a churnup spot 

Possibly, although I'm not sure what benefit that would serve given they've already done a high profile 'secret' slot, headlined the Pyramid and guested with another headliner within the last four festivals.

Sometimes a gap is just a gap.

5 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Olivia Rodrigo would be an awful replacement for Madonna.

At least she'd show up on time. 

In the grand scheme of thinks, Olivia clearly not as big a name as Madonna (few people are) but I could be tempted along to see her, whereas I have no interest in Madonna. 

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

Between Madge and The National I'd always go watch The National.

Or The Smile, who are nailed on for a Park headline slot. 

I love the National, seen them 6 or 7 times, last time was Ally Pally this year so in this particular scenario I would have seen Madonna because it would be more novel to me and a one off + my preference is to finish the festival with an upbeat pyramid headliner.

However, I think I would choose The National over most other acts.  They also need to right the wrong of the last time they played Glasto which was probably the most disappointing time I have seen them.

Would be up for The Smile and I'm hoping they are park headliner up against Coldplay. 

2 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

However, I think I would choose The National over most other acts.  They also need to right the wrong of the last time they played Glasto which was probably the most disappointing time I have seen them. 

2017? I didn't mind that show. But I was probably as drunk as Matt. 

2 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

2017? I didn't mind that show. But I was probably as drunk as Matt. 

it was fine, but I think I wanted them to "knock it out of the park" and play the hits but they played quite a few songs that hadn't been released at that point (4 I think). The set looks better in retrospect than it felt to me at the time not knowing the songs.

How did we get to the situation where we have not just one, not two, but actually three incredibly earnest mega-bands from the 00's that just want to play the festival every year and might in fact do it for free.

Nice problem for the festival to have of course, but take a break fellas please.

P.s. if we can't get Madge, get Santan in.

Edited by Nduja