2024 Headliners

20 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

so free reign for Glastonbury  announcement then once thats announced   you reckon  ? or could Glastonbury announce her before that ? 

They don’t tend to be announced immediately afterwards, BST (as the one paying the big bucks) will have their time to bask before Madge gets an announcement a month or two later.

I’d be shocked if Madge gets announced for BST this close to Christmas now so we may well be into next year anyway.

• Thanks 1

I’m starting to doubt the Madonna booking now… if she’s announced she’s not just going to be wheeled out on the poster - she’d have her own announcement same as Elton. 

But… it’s not happening unless BST does and there’s no time to sell those tickets before Xmas, so where does that leave it all? 

Maybe it’s a bad fit after all.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’m starting to doubt the Madonna booking now… if she’s announced she’s not just going to be wheeled out on the poster - she’d have her own announcement same as Elton. 

But… it’s not happening unless BST does and there’s no time to sell those tickets before Xmas, so where does that leave it all? 

Keep the faith. 

BST have only announced two headliners so far - Bocelli and Robbie - which is highly irregular for them to have so little out this side of Christmas. There’ll be plenty of stuff to come in the new year towards the end of Jan.

35 minutes ago, stuie said:

Like I said earlier, the Stones were announced along with the poster and were similarly doing BST that year too. Ball’s very much in her court but there’s no reason to think she couldn’t be held back until the big announcement if she wants to sell her BST date first. 

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

While I've got my own doubts about whether she's playing, I wouldn't read too much into what BST are doing or how that impacts the Glastonbury announcement schedule.

BST would still have plenty time to announce her whenever they want, given that they've got plenty empty dates (which someone is going to fill) and the tickets would fly out regardless.

On the Glastonbury side I agree that she'd almost certainly have her own announcement, but there'd be all the time they need to fit it in almost regardless of what BST does - we're not likely to see a "first poster" until approx the end of March (or even very early April), so loads of time to get it in before, and even then there's precedent for the poster being published with a headliner TBA.

I'd be more concerned about what seems like a complete radio silence regarding other potential shows - as far as I can tell the BST rumour is the only indication we have that she's doing anything at all beyond the current end of the tour in April. Feels like if she was going outdoors there'd be whispers of something in mainland Europe - stadium shows or the likes of TW Classic - I really can't see it being "just" a couple UK dates.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Coldplay are potentially the only ones without UK dates to sell next summer - if Madge is playing then you'd expect a BST show or similar to accompany, likewise Dua is popping up at Euro festivals and you'd think she'll have something lined up over here too.

That said Coldplay are such an uninspiring booking I could easily them apologetically shuffled out on the poster.

Coldplay no longer does festivals except Glastonbury. And for this one they are able to integrate it without making a tour.

I noticed a hole in the Bring Me The Horizon tour during the glastonbury weekend. Maybe a Other headliner ?

Edited by ThomasPh

20 minutes ago, ThomasPh said:

Coldplay no longer does festivals except Glastonbury. And for this one they are able to integrate it without making a tour.

I noticed a hole in the Bring Me The Horizon tour during the glastonbury weekend. Maybe an Other headliner ?

I hadn’t actually noticed that Coldplay had stopped doing festivals but yeah, seems like 2011 was the last time they did any other than Glastonbury. For all the stick we give them and the festival for always booking them, that’s a great little feat for Emily + co. Are there any other festivals in the world who have a singular relationship with a mega headliner like that?

As for BMTH, I believe somebody had info that they’re gonna be there, and Other headliner would make sense, but they could equally play be down as they have the previous two times they’ve played as they clearly don’t seem to mind so much given Glastonbury isn’t exactly their demographic.

Edited by FloopFiller

If it's Dua / Coldplay / Madge then regardless of your age that is definitely the best top line of any festival for next year. I know it's not really comparable, but have you SEEN the nonsense lineup that Latitude just released. 🙈 Festival lineups are looking pretty scarce across the board for next year imo. Do you think we're not far away from seeing the first DJ act at the top of the pyramid? Times are changing...

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

January is a wasteland for announcements as nobody has money to buy tickets.

If Madge is doing Glasto/BST then you’re probably looking at BST announced late Jan/early Feb then Glasto sometime in March.

Agree with this. I think Madonna will be early/mid March with the poster a few weeks later. Will almost certainly get her own announcement though.

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

If it's Dua / Coldplay / Madge then regardless of your age that is definitely the best top line of any festival for next year. I know it's not really comparable, but have you SEEN the nonsense lineup that Latitude just released. 🙈 Festival lineups are looking pretty scarce across the board for next year imo. Do you think we're not far away from seeing the first DJ act at the top of the pyramid? Times are changing...

I would say Blink 182/Prodigy/Lana/Liam G at Reading is a pretty damn good set of headliners

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

If it's Dua / Coldplay / Madge then regardless of your age that is definitely the best top line of any festival for next year. 

Regardless of peoples musical tastes I think it would be difficult to argue that isn't an incredibly strong trio of headliner. A new, big female headliner. One of the biggest bands in the world. And possibly the biggest solo female act of all time? Incredible.

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Do you think we're not far away from seeing the first DJ act at the top of the pyramid? Times are changing...

I think it's very, very unlikely. Only one I can think of for the future is maybe Fred Again. But I can't see it personally.

Just now, Nestacres said:

I would say Blink 182/Prodigy/Lana/Liam G at Reading is a pretty damn good set of headliners

It's all subjective isn't it... but my answer to that is.

Blink 182/Prodigy in particular have a narrower audience than madge and all of those have been around forever. Glasto wins with the fresh bit in Dua Lipa

Don't get me wrong...I'd personally rather be at the R/L headliners. Probably wouldnt be at dua,Coldplay or madge to be honest. But I think that wins overall for a wider crowd

2 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

It's all subjective isn't it... but my answer to that is.

Blink 182/Prodigy in particular have a narrower audience than madge and all of those have been around forever. Glasto wins with the fresh bit in Dua Lipa

Don't get me wrong...I'd personally rather be at the R/L headliners. Probably wouldnt be at dua,Coldplay or madge to be honest. But I think that wins overall for a wider crowd

Fair enough. I didn't get Glastonbury tickets but am going to Reading and IoW but I'm sure it'll be enjoyable wherever you are! 

8 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Please god say it’s so!! 

PHM for Sat night headliner 🥳🥳🥳

27 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

If those are the headliners I'm unlikely to bother with any of them, maybe Madge, clash dependent. 

All the big festival line-ups I've seen so far are dreadful, here and abroad.

As for first DJ act top the Pyramid - 2000 - Chemical Brothers, but anyway I'd be all up for a top DJ headling the Pyramid.

33 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Do you think we're not far away from seeing the first DJ act at the top of the pyramid? Times are changing...

We'll never see a DJ set headline Glastonbury. If we do, you know the festival has really fallen on hard times. But...it is about time an electronic act was given the chance again. I would like to have seen the Chemical Brothers given another go on the Pyramid on the last tour cycle instead of headlining the Other. Actually, forget Coldplay, a trio of Dua Lipa, Chems and Madonna would be sweet in 24 

48 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Duran Duran would make a good booking for Glasto.

• Upvote 1