2024 Headliners

21 minutes ago, Rodders2023 said:

I can’t work this forum out. 

I’m seeing comments saying pink isn’t big enough but then she’s clearly bigger & has more longevity than a billie eilish 

then the goal posts have to move so she’s not current enough 

but the same people are all over Madonna who isn’t current at all. 

fact is while pink may not be current she is still a big act that has been going since the 90’s sold plenty of albums sells out stadium tours 

she isn’t my thing but too many on here sound like hipsters and anyone not deemed cool in their eyes is shot down

I don’t think it’s just about being big enough. Pink has more of a niche market, she’s not in everyones subconscious like Madonna or Elton. 

Instantly recognisable hits like Holiday or I’m still standing, known by everyone even if you’ve not paid any attention to the artist before make them cross generational and appeal to all types of people that make up a pyramid crowd.

Edited by stuie

12 minutes ago, Rodders2023 said:

I can’t work this forum out. 

I’m seeing comments saying pink isn’t big enough but then she’s clearly bigger & has more longevity than a billie eilish 

then the goal posts have to move so she’s not current enough 

but the same people are all over Madonna who isn’t current at all. 

fact is while pink may not be current she is still a big act that has been going since the 90’s sold plenty of albums sells out stadium tours 

she isn’t my thing but too many on here sound like hipsters and anyone not deemed cool in their eyes is shot down

Maybe, I just don't think she can fill the pyramid that's all.

3 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

God love her and god bless her and god keep her thriving for the rest of her life but I really don’t think the Eavis are going to book an act whose only live vocal contribution would be shouting into the mic ‘hello glastonberry’

Glastonberry, London 

Kinda random and probably wrong but I don’t think Dua will be headlining because artists usually release music then wait until the year after to start touring, so I think she’s more likely to headline in 2025. For instance, let’s say she releases a single in November, next single won’t probably be until January, then another single in March, then an album in March/April if she follows what she did for Future Nostalgia. Hardly any artists, as big as Dua Lipa, tour within the same year of releasing an album (it’s a waste of money marketing wise) as you want the most amount of hype around your name for as long as possible. So, she probably won’t tour till Spring 2025, making headlining at Glasto 2025 more likely. 

Just now, stuie said:

I don’t think it’s just about being big enough. Pink has more of a niche market, she’s not in everyones subconscious like Madonna or Elton. 

Instantly recognisable hits like Holiday or I’m still standing, known by everyone even if you’ve not paid any attention to the artist before make then cross generational and appeal to all types of people that make up a pyramid crowd.

Exactly. Can't actually sing one Pink song. And neither can my friends and definitely not my children. Just can't see it on the pyramid. I don't know any of Billies songs either but lots did because she is current, so that booking made complete sense

36 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Well, I am going for Britney. She may be erratic, but fits with the launch of her book and the timing of Emily's talk and cos just don't see Pink as a big enough draw. It will be a very low crowd. Otherwise, Madonna. Not a fan but seems an obvious catch for Emily. Obviously not Ri as she is from Barbados

The thought of loads of hairy arsed blokes in the field dressed in St Trinians uniforms singing hit me baby one more time gives me the fear😉😊

• Upvote 2

Pink has at least four songs absolutely everyone knows and a further four that people would be like ‘oh I know this one’. Plenty would go see her.

however, I do think there’s something about it that is still an odd booking, and something tells me she can be talked into a lower spot, both Miley and Katy were third on Pyramid. There’s precedent for Female pop artists even those who have been the biggest in the world getting slightly shortchanged on where they could have a slot.

For me, it’s Madonna headlining.

17 minutes ago, Rodders2023 said:

A quick google apparently the average age of the glastonbury crowd is 38/39 I think that’s the demographic that would have grown up on her stuff. 

Ok so that’s the average but what about everyone else? 

6 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

Pink has at least four songs absolutely everyone knows and a further four that people would be like ‘oh I know this one’. Plenty would go see her.

however, I do think there’s something about it that is still an odd booking, and something tells me she can be talked into a lower spot, both Miley and Katy were third on Pyramid. There’s precedent for Female pop artists even those who have been the biggest in the world getting slightly shortchanged on where they could have a slot.

Would she settle for Other headliner? 

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

Ok so that’s the average but what about everyone else? 

Yeah where will the thought be for everyone else when Dave’s headlining like most on here would like to happen 

people will just turn up as they are headliner and they would for someone like pink or that someone of that size and ilk I’m sure most 50 year old & below will have heard & know at pink songs.

i’d Hazard a guess most people over 30 wouldn’t have a clue any of his songs 

1 minute ago, Rodders2023 said:

Yeah where will the thought be for everyone else when Dave’s headlining like most on here would like to happen 

people will just turn up as they are headliner and they would for someone like pink or that someone of that size and ilk I’m sure most 50 year old & below will have heard & know at pink songs.

i’d Hazard a guess most people over 30 wouldn’t have a clue any of his songs 

Yeah I’m in my 40’s… Dave can do one 😂

10 minutes ago, Rodders2023 said:

😂😂Isn’t that the exact argument those who claim someone to be current enough 

but what about the young en’s 😂

As I said earlier, current and rising fast perfect for the pyramid, joking aside Dave belongs up there like Eilish and Stormzy etc. I won’t be there though. 😂

52 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

Pink could definitely play lower down the Pyramid bill surely? A quick look at 2023's Rock Werchter lineup and the big hitters subbing or playing  2nd / 3rd.

Hand on heart if I was asked to name or hum a Pink, Dua Lipa or Rihanna sing I couldn't, and that, personally speaking is an age thing and the fact that I'm a rock / Americana guitar band fan.

Now, if Madonna was to headline, I'd be there at the front (ticket permitting!) with bells on. She was part of the fabric when I was at primary school and into my early teenage years. So many great memories of school discos and starting out in life, with Madonna soundtracking the halcyon days of our youth 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stuie said:

Instantly recognisable hits like Holiday or I’m still standing, known by everyone even if you’ve not paid any attention to the artist before make them cross generational and appeal to all types of people that make up a pyramid crowd.

Literally moved the goal posts to "if my mum doesnt know them they cant be bothered".

The real goal posts are that the headliners must appeal to the lowest common denominator music fan aka brainless people. You cant ask them to think too much or itll make then get out of their chair for once to leave the pyramid field. If the eavii actually booked a progressive lineup and put it up without a ticket having been sold you would see a mass exodus of old gits not go and a real audience show up for once.

If the general audience had it their way there would never be anything different than this years headliners which would be men and caucasion. 

Edited by Suprefan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Good grief. She's just sold out 6 stadium shows in the UK. She's not playing at the same level as Foals, Lizzo and Lil Nas X.

With P!nk it would be her accepting playing outdoor stadiums to her crowd is different to a festival crowd. I'm not saying either way but I agree generally she headlines. She isn't a Glastonbury typical act though.