2024 Headliners

The way its framed makes it sound like the third slot talks with person X earlier this year fell through and they haven't sorted anyone yet.

They then last week received a call about someone who wasn't really on their radar but is free and wants to play.

To me that screams P!nk way more than it does Madonna who surely would have been on their radar prior.

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Decent interview, they could have pushed her a little harder, Annie Mac obviously not realising Taylor Swift is unavailable. 

I reckon the big artist contacting them is P!nk. Sounded like it was out of the blue, that wouldn't be the case with Madonna.

It’s probably a reasonable assumption that they held at least one slot open for Madonna’s taking, but there’s no reason to think the call couldn’t be from her people, which may have been a surprise to Emily and would make sense to people why she kept it open.

Would they say yes to Pink if Madonna was still possible? 

Edited by kalifire

I know people are correlating the phone call being Pink to the tour dates just announced but… that’s not how it works - she wouldn’t announce tour dates and at the same time call up Glastonbury saying she’s available. Surely that would’ve happened earlier. Maybe this is pure copium from me, but I’m still going with Madonna. Pink doesn’t warrant that level of hype from Emily and her ‘you’ll see when the lineup is out’ comment wouldn’t really make sense if it was Pink, whereas with Madonna it would very much be a ‘oh sh*t they got Madonna’.

So yeah, Madonna.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I know people are correlating the phone call being Pink to the tour dates just announced but… that’s not how it works - she wouldn’t announce tour dates and at the same time call up Glastonbury saying she’s available. Surely that would’ve happened earlier. Maybe this is pure copium from me, but I’m still going with Madonna. Pink doesn’t warrant that level of hype from Emily and her ‘you’ll see when the lineup is out’ comment wouldn’t really make sense if it was Pink, whereas with Madonna it would very much be a ‘oh sh*t they got Madonna’.

So yeah, Madonna.

Also Emily’s Madonna insta post. Pink despite her qualities would be a really bad booking to headline Glastonbury in 2023. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

It’s probably a reasonable assumption that they held at least one slot open for Madonna’s taking, but there’s no reason to think the call couldn’t be from her people, which may have been a surprise to Emily and would make sense to people why she kept it open.

Would they say yes to Pink if Madonna was still possible? 

They could still be holding a place for Madonna and grab the chance of P!nk if it came up. The "headliners still in the air" comment makes me think nothing was 100%nailed down so there was another slot available. 

4 minutes ago, JimboSlice said:

Sounds like they had discussions with Madge's people, who said they'd let them know in a non committal way. Then this week they've got the call. I could still see pink playing, subbing like lil nas x and lizzo or same slot as Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus did.

Pink plays and sells out stadiums so no way she’s playing lower down.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is the Boss announcing anything until his dicky tum tum gets mended? He still has to reschedule his US dates.

Check the tour announcement thread, looks like something is coming next week.

3 minutes ago, JimboSlice said:

Sounds like they had discussions with Madge's people, who said they'd let them know in a non committal way. Then this week they've got the call. I could still see pink playing, subbing like lil nas x and lizzo or same slot as Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus did.

Pink isn’t subbing. If we deploy my non scientific ‘NZ stadium method’ she’s playing three stadium shows here this summer. GnR played two when they came here and neither Arctic Monkeys  nor Kendrick could fill one on this side of the world. Pink is a bigger draw than a number of recent Pyramid Stage headliners.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Pink plays and sells out stadiums so no way she’s playing lower down.

I know they tried to bill her as a Co headliner but Lizzo subbed and is absolutely huge. Glastonbury isn't a natural fit for Pink, so could see her taking a slightly lower slot if she was wanted to play the festival 

12 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It's also possible that the artist giving them a call isn't female. Springsteen imminent to announce stadium dates apparently, could be him?

I think you're right, and it's not just possible but likely even.

Emily was saying at least 2 female acts in March ish. She's still saying two female acts.

My guess is that we've got those same two female acts she was talking about still in play, and the newcomer is male.

Not as confident that it'd be Springsteen specifically, but it's true that his summer tour plans for next year are being put in place around now and expected to be announced soon.

Edited by incident

Just now, JimboSlice said:

I know they tried to bill her as a Co headliner but Lizzo subbed and is absolutely huge. Glastonbury isn't a natural fit for Pink, so could see her taking a slightly lower slot if she was wanted to play the festival 

Pink is on another level to Lizzo though - completely different ballpark. If Pink plays, she headlines, but yeah… I just dont see that happening, thankfully. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is the Boss announcing anything until his dicky tum tum gets mended? He still has to reschedule his US dates.

All the rescheduled North American dates were announced a couple weeks ago - with a 4 month summer gap in between them which presumably is for Europe.

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Check the tour announcement thread, looks like something is coming next week.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

All the rescheduled North American dates were announced a couple weeks ago - with a 4 month summer gap in between them which presumably is for Europe.

2 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

They were re-scheduled and announced a couple of weeks ago I think. Canada last week as well I believe

Cool - cheers.

Rereading the last few pages of the thread, my gut instinct reckons Madonna is the one that they've got the call from. Think P!nk would be perfectly plausible as well, and I think she only feels like a "step down" for lack of a better phrase because they other possibility is Madonna. 

Neither particularly my bag but either would realistically be a very good headliner for Glasto these days

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Were released early on ticketmaster and then taken down - two late June dates in Anfield I think.

Was the 24th and the 25th I think. Someone posted a screenshot of it before it was taken down.

Edited by Mark H