2024 Headliners

14 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

More punts need to be taken

Less of these safe, boring old duffers

they need to get a balance in my opinion I don't think an event the size of Glastonbury would continue to sell out based on just upcoming artists ... it needs the big names and the bbc audience to continue to shift the tickets the way it does and that means mainstream ... the balance for me is perfect at the moment 

Also O-Rod is hardly a punt. She's one of the biggest pop stars in the world right now.

An example of a realistic/feasible punt would have been Lana Del Rey headline instead of AM or GNR this year.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, Skip997 said:

Or Elton

Yeah but as Crazyfool said, it's about the balance. I know you're not for it but Elton headlining was an objectively massive and legendary booking. As was demonstrated by the crowd he got.

48 minutes ago, Tfarm said:

Aren't Dua and Olivia too similar too have been 1st choice in the same year? Think if Olivia is there it's because she's replacing a 1st choice female

How are they too similar? Because they're both popular female artists? Completely different genres and styles of music.

16 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Or Elton

I know you don't want to hear it but Elton's Glasto Sunday has already gone down in the list of legendary performances at the farm.  He smashed it and it will long be remembered.  It's 100% the best booking they could have made for the Pyramid this year.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

How are they too similar? Because they're both popular female artists? Completely different genres and styles of music.

They aren't white men with guitars, so they are basically the same! 🙂 

/sarcasm

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

quite decent foresight if she booked O-Rod then ? or she was potentially lined up 

I've been going back and forth with O-Rod being a headliner. Saw her other stage set in 22 and it was great and I've enjoyed all she's brought out since.

I think it would be perfectly fine if she was to headline the pyramid but also perfectly fine if she was to sub it or even headline the other. Just looking at the other's headliners the last few years with the exception of Wizkid (who's she's clear of) I'd she's on par or just a bit better than them.

23 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Yup. It's an issue this year for some reason but not last year when we had AM and GnR headline!

It was an issue last year though, glasto and Emily were called out for it. They even left male names off the initial poster and pushed lizzo’s name up to try and balance it out a bit.

22 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

So Dua it is in the unlikely event that there's no one else worth seeing on anywhere else.

As you thought people couldn’t dance to Elton, I’d say that’s a good choice for you, Skip 😀

9 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Also O-Rod is hardly a punt. She's one of the biggest pop stars in the world right now.

An example of a realistic/feasible punt would have been Lana Del Rey headline instead of AM or GNR this year.

Biggest pop star that is only embarking on their 2nd ever tour. Billie at least had gone through the festival circuit and toured for 4 years before even getting on the Pyramid. Lets not forget to consider that Olivia could just be saying no to every fest and wants to genuinely just move up to things when she feels its right. Her agents know they could book every festival if they wanted anyway. That wont go away. 

12 hours ago, stuie said:

I know you don't want to hear it but Elton's Glasto Sunday has already gone down in the list of legendary performances at the farm.  He smashed it and it will long be remembered.  It's 100% the best booking they could have made for the Pyramid this year.

To be honest it's the best booking they could have made 30 years ago too.