Download 2024

FeverDream

23 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

And instantly f**ked it by putting Bad Omens, one of the few bands whose position we know, in the wrong spot.

Haha. Funnily enough I looked last night to see if someone had done a clashfinder and didn’t find this.

Good job i didn’t, as you say, it’s got the basics wrong haha 

15 minutes ago, MrJB said:

Has anyone considered that another reason for the Enter Shikari slot being held back, will be because it's the 15th anniversary of Common Dreads on the 15th June, so their special guest slot may be themed to that?

There’s nothing to say Enter Shikari are playing a set ragged as ‘special guests.’ Copping using that wording when talking about them on a podcast indicated to me that he sees them as a Main Stage sub (special guest below the headliner meaning that slot). But it’s clearly not true if he’s got them playing third down. I think either slot suits them. 

2 hours ago, MrJB said:

Has anyone considered that another reason for the Enter Shikari slot being held back, will be because it's the 15th anniversary of Common Dreads on the 15th June, so their special guest slot may be themed to that?

No, they just have a shitload of tickets to sell that aren't selling. This won't help them either, poor lads. 

3 hours ago, MrJB said:

I think it's just because they are crap and believe they can sell tickets that would make them bigger than they are.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There’s nothing to say Enter Shikari are playing a set ragged as ‘special guests.’ Copping using that wording when talking about them on a podcast indicated to me that he sees them as a Main Stage sub (special guest below the headliner meaning that slot). But it’s clearly not true if he’s got them playing third down. I think either slot suits them. 

No way are Shikari a sub.

19 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think it's just because they are crap and believe they can sell tickets that would make them bigger than they are.

No way are Shikari a sub.

You are obviously being biased with your own personal taste. Objectively they are one of the best live bands out the there and they do usually shift a load of tickets, they sold out ally pally in 2021 on their arena tour, this year they did a 3 month uk tour of small venues and sold out the same venue 3x instantly. They also headlined Slam Dunk this year and really put on a great show. They could be pushed to a sub, if Architects can then Shikari can. 
they haven’t sold out Wembley yet because people who like them have probably seen them a lot lately. Their new album hasn’t really taken off either. 

39 minutes ago, callum97 said:

You are obviously being biased with your own personal taste. Objectively they are one of the best live bands out the there and they do usually shift a load of tickets, they sold out ally pally in 2021 on their arena tour, this year they did a 3 month uk tour of small venues and sold out the same venue 3x instantly. They also headlined Slam Dunk this year and really put on a great show. They could be pushed to a sub, if Architects can then Shikari can. 
they haven’t sold out Wembley yet because people who like them have probably seen them a lot lately. Their new album hasn’t really taken off either. 

Yes naturally they have never been my cup of tea, I think I like one of their songs. They tour too much to ever be a rarity to see or a band that pushed themselves to that next level.

On 11/15/2023 at 9:15 AM, Gejonimo said:

Saw QOTSA at Manc Arena last night. If they play that setlist the way they played it last night, they are gonna go down like a lead balloon at Download. I'm a big fan of QOTSA but just didn't find myself having that good of a time. They sound great but there are so many hits missing from their setlist that it took away from the experience, and the pacing was all sorts of off. 3 fairly tame tracks from the last ten years followed by one you could sort of dance/mosh to. Just seemed to keep cutting their momentum off over and over again. 

If they swallow their pride they could smash it, but Homme doesn't have the best track record of that. 

I really enjoyed them at Stockton last night. The encore was particularly great - crowd wouldn’t stop moshing which sent the security team into a bit of a panic for no real reason! But we only got 1 song off Like Clockwork… which was a bit disappointing. Still think they’ll smash it, one of the tightest sounding live bands I’ve seen.

1 hour ago, FeverDream said:

I really enjoyed them at Stockton last night. The encore was particularly great - crowd wouldn’t stop moshing which sent the security team into a bit of a panic for no real reason! But we only got 1 song off Like Clockwork… which was a bit disappointing. Still think they’ll smash it, one of the tightest sounding live bands I’ve seen.

THEY PLAYED AVON?! WTF I wish I went to Stockton instead of Manchester

Think first poster was on about the song Avon 🙂

I couldn’t decide whether to go to this leg of the tour as I went to Margate in June which was awesome, and didn’t want to feel disappointed.

Sounds like Josh has still been in top form though, and set lists have looked great, so I have some regrets. But I’m definitely going to get a day ticket for Download!

I’m admittedly a little biased, but I’m sure they’ll be fantastic as headliners. 

Will they definitely be the Friday?

14 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

There's been a few good shows through Stockton-on-Tees. What's the venue like up there?

The Globe is a brilliant theatre, especially for the chance of seeing really big bands in a smaller setting. Think the capacity is about 3000, was there for QOTSA last night (pictured) which was incredible, and Morrissey last year which was also very good. 

I had meant to post in here today to say having seen them last night and at Piece Hall in the Summer, QOTSA are in the form of their life at the minute and will smash that Friday at Download

IMG_9545.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

The Globe is a brilliant theatre, especially for the chance of seeing really big bands in a smaller setting. Think the capacity is about 3000, was there for QOTSA last night (pictured) which was incredible, and Morrissey last year which was also very good. 

I had meant to post in here today to say having seen them last night and at Piece Hall in the Summer, QOTSA are in the form of their life at the minute and will smash that Friday at Download

IMG_9545.jpeg

That's a tidy looking venue! Assume it was a sellout?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

That's a tidy looking venue! Assume it was a sellout?

Yeah I don’t think it took them long to shift the tickets! Think they all went on the day of release, but considering it’s just a small town Stockton has an excellent live music scene, with a good few bars and venues in the city hosting gigs (like Ku and the Georgian theatre alongside the Globe where QOTSA played) and they even have their own little city festival, Stockton Calling. 

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

Yeah I don’t think it took them long to shift the tickets! Think they all went on the day of release, but considering it’s just a small town Stockton has an excellent live music scene, with a good few bars and venues in the city hosting gigs (like Ku and the Georgian theatre alongside the Globe where QOTSA played) and they even have their own little city festival, Stockton Calling. 

Aye, it appears that they have a thriving one!