Download 2024

FeverDream

55 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Maiden definitely look to be touring next year, but not sure exactly what that will manifest. If they're about to add Australian dates - possibly New Zealand and Japan too? - I'm guessing they'll fall before Bruce hits the road for his solo shows. Is that March?

Maiden have hinted next year they're playing Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Bruce's tour (currently) runs through April into early May and then he plays Mystic Festival in Poland the week before Download.

4 hours ago, crumbler said:

I know Lee has been spot on in the past but I really don't think Maiden are doing it, I think it's more likely Bruce is playing and wires got crossed somewhere. 

I think we're not getting Rammstein or Maiden. Bruce is probably playing instead either subbing main or headlining 2nd stage, I don't think he's big enough as a solo act to headline main. 

1 hour ago, Marka23 said:

Metallica's tour was never announced specifically as a stadium tour like Rammstein's has. 

But it was announced separately from Download. I mean you can argue semantics all you like but it's the same principle - their own stadium dates plus Download. https://www.metallica.com/news/2022-11-28-m72-world-tour.html

I'm not even sure Bruce, with his solo stuff, is a big enough draw to headline second, though I'm honestly not sure where else you'd put him. The rarity factor alone certainly helps.

Give him seventy-five minutes there, sure he could hit a nice blend.

Back from the Edge
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Mandrake Project #1
Chemical Wedding
A Tyranny of Souls
The Mandrake Project #2
Revelations
Laughing in the Hiding Bush
The Mandrake Project #3
10 Accident of Birth
11 Tears of the Dragon
12 Tattooed Millionaire
13 Run to the Hills

31 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

No way is it Rammstein now. 

Edit: although if you watch the video the stamp doesn't work for the dates right after Lyon which could be a hint but I mean they aren't doing 2 days in a row anywhere apart from Dresden so I highly doubt it. 

Still there are no back to back dates in different places. Rammstein won‘t play Download.

But I‘m sure they were at one place a few months ago. Things have changed probably.

38 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Are Download possibly now struggling to get headliner bookings in? 

Absolutely nothing indicates that this is the case.

But I do think they will need to diversify the pool a bit as the older headliner bands in their 60s and 70s wind down and also retire. Hopefully BMTH was an amazing enough case study that taking 'risks' (even though BMTH was looooong overdue) can work out. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Green Day, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc start to pop up in the headline slots; but they might be in the same boat as the Download staple headliners soon as all these bands have been about since the 80s and aren't getting any younger. 😄

3 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

They're in France on Saturday 15th and don't play consecutive nights, so the only viable option really is Thursday, and as far as I'm aware Download isn't doing four days/nights again. I think it's more likely they do BST after/before Dublin.

Back to the traditional 3 day festival next year. I think those dates 99.9% confirms they aren't playing Download.

Edited by Gingerfish79

With it looking unlikely that Maiden and Rammstein are playing I think we may see something like this:

A7X / MCR / Aerosmith

No idea if MCR or Aerosmith have any plans to tour (especially Aerosmith, swear they’ve done about 5 farewell tours?!).

A7X is probably the only one I’d put a bet on.

1 minute ago, FeverDream said:

With it looking unlikely that Maiden and Rammstein are playing I think we may see something like this:

A7X / MCR / Aerosmith

No idea if MCR or Aerosmith have any plans to tour (especially Aerosmith, swear they’ve done about 5 farewell tours?!).

A7X is probably the only one I’d put a bet on.

I'd day Aerosmith have to be a very likely option and I reckon they would be a very late addition to the Glastonbury lineup if so....likely coming with the full lineup.

41 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Absolutely nothing indicates that this is the case.

But I do think they will need to diversify the pool a bit as the older headliner bands in their 60s and 70s wind down and also retire. Hopefully BMTH was an amazing enough case study that taking 'risks' (even though BMTH was looooong overdue) can work out. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Green Day, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc start to pop up in the headline slots; but they might be in the same boat as the Download staple headliners soon as all these bands have been about since the 80s and aren't getting any younger. 😄

I don't see Download ever grabbing Green Day or Pearl Jam. Andy would be shouting it from the roof tops lol.