2024 Festival

Chad888

Just now, Andre91 said:

I think that Neck Deep will headline that tent against Gerry Cinnamon so they don’t clash with Blink. 

As long as whatever they do doesn’t create a Spiritbox - Mannequin Pussy clash all is good

45 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I still can’t believe Militarie Gun are there. My eyes went straight to those bottom stages and I legit shouted ‘OHHHHH!’ when I saw them. My favourite new band of the last year and one of my favourite albums from last year (made my top 3). OOH OOH!

Gotta recommend you Spiritual Cramp who also got announced. Saw them support Militarie Gun at the Brudenell last year and enjoyed them just as much as the Gun

7 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Honestly think that Lana will above Fred Again... on the line up. She's the reason why day tickets for Saturday at Reading at £195 right now.

She suits the sunset spot well though

Although would work for Fred too…

13 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Gotta recommend you Spiritual Cramp who also got announced. Saw them support Militarie Gun at the Brudenell last year and enjoyed them just as much as the Gun

I had tickets for that show but couldn’t go in the end!

5 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Could it be Lana is the "headliner", 21 Savage is the sub .. and Fred close the stage as a late night DJ set?

21 isn't playing that day.

Let’s have a list of the acts I would see each day and then whose music I need to check out in the hopes I end up liking them. Recommendations are very welcome!

LEEDS 

Friday 

Would see: Liam Gallagher, 21 Savage, Pendulum, Skrillex, beabadoobee, Ashnikko, Destroy Boys 

Check out: Crawlers, The Japanese House

Saturday 

Would see: Blink-182, Two Door Cinema Club, Spiritbox, Neck Deep, The Prodigy, Denzel Curry 

Check out: Kneecap, Confidence Man, Mannequin Pussy, Lambrini Girls, Spiritual Cramp 

Sunday 

Would see: Fred again.., Lana Del Rey, Fontaines D.C., Loathe, Militarie Gun 

Check Out: Raye, Bleachers, The Last Dinner Party, Courting, Barry Can’t Swim, Wunderhorse

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Let’s have a list of the acts I would see each day and then whose music I need to check out in the hopes I end up liking them. Recommendations are very welcome!

LEEDS 

Friday 

Would see: Liam Gallagher, 21 Savage, Pendulum, Skrillex, beabadoobee, Ashnikko, Destroy Boys 

Saturday 

Would see: Blink-182, Two Door Cinema Club, Spiritbox, Neck Deep, The Prodigy, Denzel Curry 

Check out: Kneecap, Confidence Man, Mannequin Pussy, Lambrini Girls, Spiritual Cramp 

Sunday 

Check Out: Raye, Bleachers, The Last Dinner Party, Courting, Barry Can’t Swim, Wunderhorse

The last dinner party's debut album is out midnight so I recommend that one

21 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

LEEDS 

Friday 

Saturday 

Sunday 

Think we've got similar tastes - you should definitely check out The Scratch

• Like 1

Just found a poster I made months ago and whilst my artist prediction was way off, looks like I was pretty accurate with the staging! The Chevron stage is basically a mix of the Dance and 1Xtra tents, which is what I predicted on my lineup with the BBC Sound Stage. 

DCEB41F1-21EF-4101-B914-31FDD9F01000.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

LEEDS 

Friday 

Saturday 

Sunday 

Tldp and crawlers are excellent both in terms of music and stage presence. Crawlers especially - both times I’ve seen them in festival tents - have been proper good. Both made their way into my top 5 songs of last year too (nothing matters and messiah respectively)

Edited by Will b

2 hours ago, Benj said:

a speedy photo shopper has done this, looks so much better and comprehendible

https://www.reddit.com/r/readingfestival/s/QVGhFMTbBz

image.thumb.png.fe3da654008844e9fa3d5f767d3b1c64.png

So two headliners finishing the same stage now kinda like Wechter etc. If so it would make sense because how Lana would have taken MSW got knows. 

All of them given a headline set length. I thought Pendulim there though is a dead booking. 

I think it's a well thought out way although except for The Prodigy and Ashniko it's a bit apart from main.

Liam and Catfish are well out of the scene that day. The Prodigy vs Blink 182 is mad....I never thought The Prodigy were subbing though.

13 minutes ago, northernangel said:

The Prodigy vs Blink 182 is mad....I never thought The Prodigy were subbing though.

This can’t be right, no way would they clash these two… does this maybe reveal something about the stage setup 

2 minutes ago, gblock said:

This can’t be right, no way would they clash these two… does this maybe reveal something about the stage setup 

Someone has to clash. The only other option is that Chevron finishes before the main stage does. If it wasn't a clash I'm all over but I'm not choosing between them given The Prodigy look like they've not got Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Willcatch up tomorrow but this is the best foryears. Stacked headliners and a fantastic undercard. Hats off.

I think you may be in a minority lol. Headliners and The Prodigy yes but there is top much of trying to attract top many different crowds.

37 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think you may be in a minority lol. Headliners and The Prodigy yes but there is top much of trying to attract top many different crowds.

Disagree, the headliners are great and the undercard is brilliant. Not sure what else you could ask for, it’s RandL not Glastonbury, this is as good as it gets