2024 Festival

Chad888

17 hours ago, VCK2 said:

I swear to god, if they give another high main stage slot to Two Door, The Wombats or The Vaccines...

Come on R&L, it's not 2012 any more, no one listen to them. Surely you can find more currently relevant guitar acts to fill that slot?

Massive "I don't like them therefore nobody else does" energy this. 

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Vaccines haven’t been booked in years, they’re due a return. Fully expecting TDCC and Wombats to be there too because they always pull massive crowds. 

Also, saying no one listens to them is mad considering they’re both massive and sells a tonne of tickets tour. 

Hang on, aren’t you wanting The Prodigy? It’s not 1997 anymore, no one listens to them.

The Prodigy are one of the most legendary artists in their entire genre who are no strangers to headlining festivals; The Wombats and TDCC were just reasonably successful indie bands from 10-15 years ago (who were nowhere near headline level in their prime).

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Maybe as there is only one Spider

Sales were not that bad last year, despite what people believe. This year they will be improved also.

Leeds was clearly half empty and if Reading wasn’t significantly down, no one was in the arena watching the headliners judging by the footage…

1 minute ago, Benj said:

Leeds was clearly half empty and if Reading wasn’t significantly down, no one was in the arena watching the headliners judging by the footage…

Can't comment on Leeds as wasn't there and am not involved with it.

The headliners are subjective to taste, haven't seen any footage but when I was walking around the arena and campsites, it was certainly busy. Probably more a split with arena/campsite depending who's playing when, the rest sitting at camp drinking those Dark Fruits 😋

Sales figures compared to capacity are confidential, but from what I know, it was nothing to be worried about. 

10 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Can't comment on Leeds as wasn't there and am not involved with it.

The headliners are subjective to taste, haven't seen any footage but when I was walking around the arena and campsites, it was certainly busy. Probably more a split with arena/campsite depending who's playing when, the rest sitting at camp drinking those Dark Fruits 😋

Sales figures compared to capacity are confidential, but from what I know, it was nothing to be worried about. 

The overall camping area was reduced significantly, so it remaining busy doesn’t mean there was not significantly less campers.

The fact that they reduced the camping capacity and tickets still didn’t sell out, suggests there were significantly less campers…

28 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Reckon we’ll get Sum 41 or maybe ADTR on the Blink day? Mates aren’t sold yet and need a bit more to commit to a day ticket

Sum 41 have their Download appearance as their final UK festival show.

Obviously that means little these days but that’s what’s been advertised 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Benj said:

Maybe its only at Leeds...

After last year's sales there, they need something attention grabbing

Or maybe like the main stages they have multiplied...

It's only at Reading.

3 hours ago, p0sterb0y said:

Halsey < Lana Del Rey

Arctic Monkeys > Liam Gallagher

Rage Against The Machine > Blink-182 (The 1975 < Blink-182)

Dave > Fred Again..

BMTH > Catfish and the bottlemen

Megan Thee Stallion < Gerry Cinnamon

Dave may technically be a bigger act than Fred, but in terms of who’s more at the centre of the zeitgeist and is gonna ensure their day sells out, Fred is miles ahead. Don’t think there’s a better act the festival could’ve booked to headline at this point. 

54 minutes ago, Boddah said:

It's only at Reading.

That's kinda crazy, although I suppose Leeds already has late night options that Reading doesn't. You'd think that given Leeds doesn't have the same restrictions that Reading has they'd have it later on there.

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

That's kinda crazy, although I suppose Leeds already has late night options that Reading doesn't. You'd think that given Leeds doesn't have the same restrictions that Reading has they'd have it later on there.

It’s an odd one, it surely can’t even be a nighttime thing at Reading with the curfew so what’s the point if the Dance tent is remaining

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Dave may technically be a bigger act than Fred, but in terms of who’s more at the centre of the zeitgeist and is gonna ensure their day sells out, Fred is miles ahead. Don’t think there’s a better act the festival could’ve booked to headline at this point. 

Dave in 2021 was a lot bigger than Fred Again is this year.

Dave had dropped off quite a bit in the last 2 years, but at each others respective stage in their career - Dave was the far bigger prospect.

In the last 4 years of MSE/MSW, who is the strongest MSE/MSW acts and what year would you consider worst for each?

MSE//

21/ Stormzy, Post Malone, Liam Gallagher

22/ Dave, Arctic Monkeys, The 1975

23/ Sam Fender, Billie Eilish, The Killers

24/ Blink-182, Fred Again.., Liam Gallagher

MSW//

21/ Catfish & the Bottleman, Disclosure, Biffy Clyro

22/ Megan the Stalion, Bring me the Horizon, Halsey

23/ Foals, Imagine Dragons, The 1975

24/ Gerry Cinnemon, Lana Del Ray, Catfish & the Bottleman

I'd say 2023 has the weakest MSE, and 2024 has the weakest MSW.

My strongest lineup out of those -

Billie Eilish // Arctic Monkeys // Blink-182

Biffy Clyro // Lana Del Ray // The 1975

2 hours ago, Boddah said:

It's only at Reading.

Unless there is a massive arena shakeup, you'd have to assume it would be where the dance tent is now, so we may even lose the medium tent!

Will deffo make things interesting in the build up as to arena layout etc...

4 hours ago, Benj said:

The overall camping area was reduced significantly, so it remaining busy doesn’t mean there was not significantly less campers.

The fact that they reduced the camping capacity and tickets still didn’t sell out, suggests there were significantly less campers…

There were more day tickets sold

7 minutes ago, Benj said:

Unless there is a massive arena shakeup, you'd have to assume it would be where the dance tent is now, so we may even lose the medium tent!

Will deffo make things interesting in the build up as to arena layout etc...

The guessing is the best part on here..

44 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Dave in 2021 was a lot bigger than Fred Again is this year.

Dave had dropped off quite a bit in the last 2 years, but at each others respective stage in their career - Dave was the far bigger prospect.

How has Dave dropped off in the past 2 years?

3 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

There were more day tickets sold

None of which sold out either…

Will be interesting to see how this year’s goes. It seems to have been better received…could also be that it he whiners have all moved on