2024 Festival

Chad888

50 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Let us not forget - the ACTUAL most up himself man in the industry, Matt Healey, was happy doing MSW (as a replacement no less) this year and those guys also sell an absolute assload of tickets.

Worth caveating with the fact they're good friends with Capaldi so the whole "doing it as a favour" thing was likely very true. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Reckon Liam will play songs from other oasis albums as well as solo stuff and definitely maybe since definitely maybe is only 11 songs

Small part of me wonders if it's literally just Definitely Maybe for an hour and that's how they've got him on MSW. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Small part of me wonders if it's literally just Definitely Maybe for an hour and that's how they've got him on MSW. 

I’m sure he tweeted saying on the DM tour he isn’t going to be playing any solo stuff so I’d assume DM in full then 5/6 other Oasis tunes after. 

Liam's own Definitely Maybe tour will only be the album itself plus B-sides from the era, but seems like the festival set will be DM + solo songs + other Oasis songs, according to the R&L homepage:

"Brit-pop icon and Rock and Roll demigod Liam Gallagher will mark the 30th anniversary of Oasis’ all-conquering debut Definitely Maybe by performing the album in full at Reading & Leeds. The historic headlining sets will combine Oasis’ greatest hits with Gallagher’s lauded solo work, which has inspired new generations of fans with five UK #1 albums in just six years."

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Seriously gonna be so funny when Lana throws a paddy and The 1975 replace for the third time running 

Just woke up in Western Australia, saw the line-up and my first thought was honestly to come here and say "it's got to be Lana who bails and brings The 1975 in, right?"

That aside, that's... not a bad bunch of headliners?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

My mate was busy telling me Lana Del Rey being here was proof she should have topped Glastonbury outright.

But given I think MSW and Other Stage headliners tend to equate, she's exactly where she should be for me. (Albeit clearly the strongest of the trio there.)

Both are festival exclusives as well. That day's gonna sell out VERY quickly. Advise people buy ASAP if they're remotely interested. 

8 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Both are festival exclusives as well. That day's gonna sell out VERY quickly. Advise people buy ASAP if they're remotely interested. 

Yeah, absolutely. Fred Again is absolutely pure zeitgeist stuff - he might drop off next year, we have no idea - while LDR's relative rarity as a live pull makes these hotcakes.

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Two, Gerry was a sub (and feels like a last minute stand-in this time, or at the very least a cheap option to pay for Lana)

True, 3 of a comprised to headline and sub back 3 years later.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Had a go at putting some positions together and added a few future names in. Any suggestions or feedback? 

MSE: Fred again.. / Raye / Skrillex 

MSW: Catfish & The Bottlemen / Tom Grennan* / ??? 

MSE: Lana Del Rey / Two Door Cinema Club* / PinkPantheress*

MSW: Liam Gallagher / IDLES* / Digga D 

MSE: Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD* / A Day To Remember*

MSW: Gerry Cinnamon / The Wombats* / ??? 

I doubt you're getting ADTR below both Blink and Yungblud....the festival just don't need to book it, that day especially with the only arena act 3rd down. I think you're more likely to get ADTR sub Blink and Yungblud under Catfish based on that 

1 hour ago, frazzlef50 said:

The entire crowd moving between catfish and Liam is going to be pain, fair play to them managing to get Lana on MSW though 

Did Liam day in 2021 and missed the first tracks coming over from Biffy. Same for Wolf Alice after seeing Blossoms. Please tell me they've somehow sorted the overlaps?