• Di-Rect
  • Ellie Goulding
  • Electric Callboy
  • The Hu
  • Machine Gun Kelly
  • Niall Horan
  • Donnie

17 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Might just be me but that seems a low billing for The Black Keys. Buzzing to see their name in contention for European festivals 

Yes that's a low billing. They are usually headliners in festivals that are in the USA. Their last tour in Europe was in 2015.

Edited by birchtree29

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Archi said:

Gonna be my first time at Pinkpop. Does anyone here attend the festival before? Any tips, recommandations? Also, I'm going only on Sunday: are there any trains/bus/anything available at the end of the day or you have to sleep nearby (camping/hotel)? Thanks!

Hi, myself and a group of friends went back in 2019. We stayed for the full weekend but I’ll answer as best I can 😊

Pinkpop runs on a token based system rather than cash; but I would wait until you get to the festival for get your tokens as they used to have really convenient points located around the site and it was no more expensive to get them there. The food was really good at the festival too and decently priced; there used to be a two “streets” before you got to the main stage full of great food spots, bars and some cool things like vintage stores. 

From the centre of Landgraaf (the town around a 5 minute walk from campsite B) there used to be a late train, but I don’t know where it ran to or what time at but it could be worth sending them a message on Facebook. I would advise maybe staying to the right hand side of the stage for RHCP just so it’s easier for you to get out of the arena afterwards as the entrance used to lead into a field with a tent stage, go down past another tent but then it kind of bottle necked into the main field with the main and second stages (apologies if I haven’t worded that well, but it could make it a bit of a delay getting out at night) 

Bare in mind too that the festival grounds are located further away from the campsites (not too much, maybe 5 minutes) so factor this into your journey too.

Hope this all helps, and have a great time! 😊

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw the timetable is online and sadly - but expected - MGK and RHCP aren't on the same stage. MGK close one Main Stage and RHCP start 15 minutes later. For those who attended the festival in the past (@49Lawson maybe), any tips to see both acts not too far away? Priority goes to RHCP of course but don't wanna see MGK from the sound-desk of the other stage...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archi said:

Just saw the timetable is online and sadly - but expected - MGK and RHCP aren't on the same stage. MGK close one Main Stage and RHCP start 15 minutes later. For those who attended the festival in the past (@49Lawson maybe), any tips to see both acts not too far away? Priority goes to RHCP of course but don't wanna see MGK from the sound-desk of the other stage...

There is "golden circle" near the main stage which works on "first come first served" basis. After reaching the limit they close the entrance to it, so if you want to be there I would recommend to come for RHCP at least 30 minutes before the show. Don't know about the second main stage, there wasn't such system when I've been there, but AFAIK stage plan is different now. 

On 5/13/2023 at 9:33 AM, Archi said:

Hey Archi!

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been looking at the stage plan to see if it was different from the time I went and it seems to be mostly the same for the first and second stages. 

As Mondo-Kun mentioned, there is a “golden circle” type set up for the main stage with a first come first serve set up. But the second stage faces the same way as the main stage does, meaning that you have to approach it from behind and access the stage by the side. 

If you wish to see both my advice would be to stand at left hand side of the second stage for MGK as fewer people tended to stand there compared to the right hand side. With the RHCP it’s probably best to decide on the day at what point you leave depending on how busy it is.

Hope this helps! 😊

9DF6B2CE-FE7A-4CC1-B51E-C82F884EFC59.png