Pinkpop 2023

Rico_Pliskin

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

That's a hell of a pop lineup, honestly. Probably not for us but it'll do well.

Oh yeah definitely. To be fair, I don’t mind Robbie, grew up listening to him as my Mam loved him. Just not the sort of act I want headlining my festivals haha

22 minutes ago, MK1 said:

Last headliner rumored to be a guitar one..... GnR?????

I had them down as potential headliners after they were meant to play in 2020. Sure they had to cancel a show or two in Europe this year so thought they might be back around next year 

• 3 weeks later...

RHCP cancel their show in Israël in June 2023. So no RHCP in Europe during summer 2023 (calendar scheduled)?

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/culture/1668884474-red-hot-chili-peppers-cancels-performance-in-israel

In 2020 and 2021 they should have played in Israël and Europe for festivals. 

Edited by P.bintein

26 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

RHCP cancel their show in Israël in June 2023. So no RHCP in Europe during summer 2023 (calendar scheduled)?

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/culture/1668884474-red-hot-chili-peppers-cancels-performance-in-israel

Cancelled a concert doesn't mean all European dates. They may have a better offer elsewhere.

Another theory as it's Israel could be a band member doesn't support the government policy of Israel and it's a polite way of pulling out. 

54 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

It can be quite the opposite - the 2023 tour is planned, but they couldn't make it to Israel due to scheduling conflicts.

24 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Yeah it‘s in fact the opposite. Scheduling is done, the tour leg is finalized. That‘s why they come up with an announcement about Isreal now.

I‘d be surprised if we don‘t see them on the posters for Mad Cool and NOS on Tuesday and maybe Pinkpop.

Do you have inside informations they'll announce something next week?

I was thinking they'll don't tour in Europe next summer because I think they'll do only a few festivals shows (apart from Glasgow) In 2020 and 2021 they should have played some festival and the show in Israël was incorporated in between some other. 

So I don't understand why they can't integrated the gig in Israël this time. 

Edited by P.bintein

58 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

Do you have inside informations they'll announce something next week?

I was thinking they'll don't tour in Europe next summer because I think they'll do only a few festivals shows (apart from Glasgow) In 2020 and 2021 they should have played some festival and the show in Israël was incorporated in between some other. 

So I don't understand why they can't integrated the gig in Israël this time. 

Could be a variety of reasons. Maybe Hayarkon Park isn‘t available all the time. Maybe Israel is too far off their main leg and travel costs with rising energy prices do not justify the extra mile. Maybe bad sales in 2019, maybe political instability, maybe a band member doesn’t want to play Israel anymore, …

Edited by Karlos12345

We can never know with Israël indeed... and it was the only show announced so far. I can't imagine them not going back in Europe to play Summer festivals! They released 2 albums in 2022 and did only a small tour of 15 shows including 1-2 festivals like Rock Werchter. They should play at Pinkpop, maybe Rock Am Ring or Hurricane, Rockslide and many more.

55 minutes ago, Archi said:

We can never know with Israël indeed... and it was the only show announced so far. I can't imagine them not going back in Europe to play Summer festivals! They released 2 albums in 2022 and did only a small tour of 15 shows including 1-2 festivals like Rock Werchter. They should play at Pinkpop, maybe Rock Am Ring or Hurricane, Rockslide and many more.

Some insider said the last headliner is a guitar one. I think they have GnR. And if not probably RCHP or Greenday. FF is also mentioned but i find that hard to believe.

7 hours ago, MK1 said:

Some insider said the last headliner is a guitar one. I think they have GnR. And if not probably RCHP or Greenday. FF is also mentioned but i find that hard to believe.

Both GNR and RHCP would make sense. If GNR are touring next Summer, they could come back at Pinkpop as the 2021 edition was cancelled and they haven't been confirmed for 2022. And like said before, RHCP need to tour to promote the new albums and have played a couple of times at Pinkpop. Hard to believe Foo Fighters will already come back with a new drummer in like 7 months from now.